Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's 6 Spring Battle Road Events-Now with photo link at thread's end

totoro

May 22- Charlottesville (The Place)--C'ville/Lynchburg/H'burg--this one's for U!!
May 23-Virginia Beach (Comic Kings)

May 29-Warrenton (Hobbies, etc.)
May 30-Stafford (Character Vaults)

June 5-Fairfax (Hobby Works)
June 6- Midlothian (Battle City Games)

•Battle Roads are FREE
•All events WILL require a deckcheck. Be in line by 11:30 AM or risk an appropriate penalty.
•Deckchecks begin at 11:00 AM

•Prizes are 4/4/2/2 (1st-4th) in each age group
•1st Place in each age group grabs the "Victory Medal" card dated Spring BR 2009-2010!

Drafts WILL be happening at most of these sites!! At any point when I have 6 players ready to go, a draft will begin!!!
Cost of these side events--$20 for 6 packs (Unleashed). Extra packs will go to the winner(s)!!

Last edited:
6 Spring BRs...

Now, that's HOTT!!! :smile:

Spring BRs is like my FAVORITE season (I don't know why). I get more excited over it than NATS (LOL!) :lol:

I'm tryin' to be at all of them except May 22nd due to school-related trip.

and yeah, I know that these are all crammed together. But I'm afraid that I'll be a little too far away to run anything the weekend after Fairfax and Midlo :biggrin:

Yay for C'Ville......*and yes....people around here tend to abbreviate it that way, just like we say H'burg for Harrisonburg...lol* Glad to see we were blessed with 6 events again......Oh...and we have a new league in these parts....Woodstock, VA.....Technically closer to Warrenton, but would be great to see some of their members there, as well as in Warrenton......*Off to email their LO/LL* Looking forward to these and seeing everyone....... :)

Last edited:
I'm the gym leader of the Charlottesville venue. Locally, we call it the Jefferson Gym -noting in Charlottesville escapes the ghost of Thomas Jefferson. I took over operating the league back in August. My players and I are really excited about this tournament. We've never had any premiere event here before. The effort just wasn't put into getting it done. I've really tried to turn things around here and make Pokemon an event, and I hope all of you who come to visit will be pleased!

I'm the gym leader of the Charlottesville venue. Locally, we call it the Jefferson Gym -noting in Charlottesville escapes the ghost of Thomas Jefferson. I took over operating the league back in August. My players and I are really excited about this tournament. We've never had any premiere event here before. The effort just wasn't put into getting it done. I've really tried to turn things around here and make Pokemon an event, and I hope all of you who come to visit will be pleased!

And finally, you make an appearance....lol....and if you can't figure out who I am....I am going to kick you... :tongue: Anyway....I know I am looking forward to being there....Oh...and I have modified my deck some....if you would like have another go.....*S*......

Man oh man, these are next week!? I'd better pick up my A-game!

Is Stafford the one that had the special lunch deal next door?
Which CC was the one that was literally a dungeon and we had to play on huge D&D tables? Was that Staunton?

Man oh man, these are next week!? I'd better pick up my A-game!

Is Stafford the one that had the special lunch deal next door?
Which CC was the one that was literally a dungeon and we had to play on huge D&D tables? Was that Staunton?

It was Staunton. Some of us thought the place was kind of a dump. There was so much dust everywhere.

I liked the Staunton location...:frown:

It looks like I'll only be able to go to the Fairfax one.

...or rather, the lack of a table!

---------- Post added 05/17/2010 at 09:50 PM ----------

Note that no BRs are scheduled there!!! :wink:
I was just wondering because I met someone in Staunton recently and thought it was the other way around.
I personally liked that location, but the table size was a little difficult.

---------- Post added 05/17/2010 at 10:48 PM ----------

*and yes....people around here tend to abbreviate it that way, just like we say H'burg for Harrisonburg...lol*

It's okay... I say "VB" at Pokemon events and people have no CLUE what the heck I'm talking about.

I hope some people won't mind standing at the Charlottesville Battle Roads. We have game tables set up to squeeze in that extra room.

Juniors LOVE the floor. All the best games are played on the floor. Y'know squwunched up in a corner somewhere.
So tightly that your bench spots overlap. Is that my deck or your prizes? Hey, we've got the same sleeves! Um, that stadium's not supposed to be in my deck!

Back