Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Constitues a long time POP Ban...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanna Hyouko

Hi, I would like to know what constitues a POP ban for long periods of time? For example, say if someone were to get banned for 50 years or so. How would it be possibble for that person to get banned for that long? Also, If they are TO's or PTO's, people can tell because the deactivated TO list is accessable to everyon. I've noticed that someone was added onto that list recently, and the pop id is really high and looks like a new players id, and should new players be banned for 50 years. How is this possibble?

JMHO.

where and how do you veiw the ban / deactiated list I did it once before but don't remember how now

EDIT oh You have to be TO to veiw it a or a member to see deactivated TO list

Last edited:
You can not see the ban list unless you are a TO, however you can see the banned TO list as a player, it is under your player account.

also Kanna Hyouko said they noticed it (a person suspended as a TO, and again under players account)
They didn't directly imply they were the person banned for 50 years, or any other suspended member of that matter.
However it is a possibility they are one of the ones (banned).

I think you have to stick to the thread name of WHAT can you get in SO MUCH trouble that they got a long ban?
HOWEVER
It is really none of our business Venasur what happened to these people (or the person mentioned)
it is between them and Pokemon.
Unless the person themselves would like to bring it up , you know really, its personal stuffs.

However, 50 years is a long time I agree with that..

Cheers
homeofmew/ Tina

Last edited:
I agree that it is none of our business, however when a person brings the issue to a forum such as this, they make it everyones business.

I personally think that 50 years is the result of a lifetime ban offense. "May the punishment fit the crime."

Anything above a couple years and you're looking more at something that a law enforcement agency had to deal with, not just POP/Pokemon USA.

Phil has a good point. But still how new of a plyer was this person? I mean when does PUI know you exist? knowing nothing abot this at all. I mean it is like IMO there is a reason for everything.
But if they did or whoever got banned for 50 yerars did something like legally wrong outside of POP it would explain not a 2-5 yr ban but more. Why the Number 50? Yes i dont think anyone has been banned for 50 years before but it is almost as a life time ban agreed.

Anything above a couple years and you're looking more at something that a law enforcement agency had to deal with, not just POP/Pokemon USA.

extremely untrue. did the law deal with martins ban? no. how about jordans? no.

there are no guidelines to constitute bans. there is no protocol that is followed when determining them. all schwimmer has to do is wave his magic wand and you're gone. sad to say :p lets behave ourselves this year kids.

I'm just curious why were you banned?

jeremy, you know we can't talk about real stuff like that here on the pokegym. this thread would be locked in an instant. unjustified bans like this will kill the game if word gets around to the general public. its just bad publicity. at least have guidelines to your fricken game.

Last edited:
Rulemaster said:
extremely untrue. did the law deal with martins ban? no. how about jordans? no.

there are no guidelines to constitute bans. there is no protocol that is followed when determining them. all schwimmer has to do is wave his magic wand and you're gone. sad to say :p lets behave ourselves this year kids.

2-5 year bans arent the topic (just read the title and the first post). Its about 50 years + bans.

as we all know, there isnt a stablished guideline on how long bans should be. Most of the times those ridiculously long bans are given to people that had some sort of criminal charges. c ya!

I agree with Rulemaster. PUI should provide reasons for bans when they are carried out, and at least provide a partial list of bannable offenses.

I still want to know what Jon Snary did.

The line that was here has been removed

so, 50 years must be something half as bad as that......so maybe.......murder?

Edited You know talking about that is not permitted....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what i sort of have a problem with. Bannings, and then you don't get a reason for why they axed you, and since the bans are being handed out like free samples at a supermarket, the playerbase is walking on a thin sheet of glass. Not sure of what they can do, and cannot do.

What does constitute a ban? and don't give me any of that "You know the difference between right and wrong" nonsense, yes we know the difference between right and wrong. But it seems POP's view of right and wrong is different from the mainstream.

Take the banning at nats for example. How was the guy supposed to know that penny sleeves would be a problem? They weren't artbacked or marked in anyway that i know of. As far as i know, he got banned for using holofoils from EX : Deoxys. Guess that means i better not use those Jirachi of mine or i'm toast! : 0

The way i see it, OP is going to start banning people for other, stupid things too. Here's an example, it's a bit extreme, but it's still an example.

"Roy is sitting on the sidelines outside after his game at a city championship, listening to his Mp3 player, a smaller child's mother notes the name of the song as she glances down at the player out of boredom, the name offends the mother and thus she reports him into OP for having something that was unfit for a family event at a city championship. Then Roy, like some of the other players, was banned and not given a reason why. The reason? He listens to heavy metal bands such as "Suffocation" and "DevilDriver". Roy must be a satanist! Banned."

As i said, that was probably a bit extreme, but as stated in other threads... It seems that you can get banned for just about anything anymore, and taste in music can probably be a bannable offense soon enough.

~Shadow

CORRECTION

PUI should give the person in question the reason why a suspension was granted including the length and if this person disagrees a reasonable way to defend his/her case should be offered, or an explanation were the facts come from which leaded to such punishment.
Refusing to give an enddate to the person in question but at the same time allow their business partner to spread this information to third parties, does not give any trust in the system.

In NO way PUI should give any third party those reasons, and should also fire their partners, who are spreading personal information about POP Members in cases of suspensions or worse.
If PUI wants to protect the integrity of their program, they should act integer themselves and also demand this from their partners who are for heaven sake the "face" of the game in outside USA countries.

I don't see a single valid reason to hide players suspensions and reveal TO suspensions.
If a TO suspension can be exposed then a player suspension can be exposed, there is NO difference.
Either both are common knowledge or both are hidden.

The naked truth is if you are not important enough (read: bringing in $$$) or can be easily "substituded" you have nothing to say and your integrity can be sacreficed for a "higher goal". (read: $$$)
The order is importancy is: POP employees - Distributors - PTO's - TO/LO - Player.
This is how it works, it has nothing to do with fair or honest, with prooved factors or the truth.

In the name of the $$$$$ you can be exposed to humilation, slander, demafe of your good name, extreme pressure (softer form of blackmailing) and more.
And as long POP/PUI not correct such situation and remains in this behaviour, my message will pop up each and every time I feel the need to.

Keep in mind this is about management issues, you should separate the way the program/game has evolved (which is good) and the way the program/game has been misused by "the authorities".
The players environment should be seperated from the business environment and v.v.
I can only see in a very very rare situation, your private life should be reviewed and taken into consideration to grant a suspension.

A 50-year ban is totally ridiculous. Unless there is a really good explanation, why would anyone would get banned for that long? I personally believe that it's some sort of nonesense that someone would try to pull, just to get someone banned. If a new player who recently started the game gets banned, then it's completely stupid. This has to stop.

-Peter

Shadow Zangoose said:
This is what i sort of have a problem with. Bannings, and then you don't get a reason for why they axed you, and since the bans are being handed out like free samples at a supermarket, the playerbase is walking on a thin sheet of glass. Not sure of what they can do, and cannot do.

What does constitute a ban? and don't give me any of that "You know the difference between right and wrong" nonsense, yes we know the difference between right and wrong. But it seems POP's view of right and wrong is different from the mainstream.

Take the banning at nats for example. How was the guy supposed to know that penny sleeves would be a problem? They weren't artbacked or marked in anyway that i know of. As far as i know, he got banned for using holofoils from EX : Deoxys. Guess that means i better not use those Jirachi of mine or i'm toast! : 0

The way i see it, OP is going to start banning people for other, stupid things too. Here's an example, it's a bit extreme, but it's still an example.

"Roy is sitting on the sidelines outside after his game at a city championship, listening to his Mp3 player, a smaller child's mother notes the name of the song as she glances down at the player out of boredom, the name offends the mother and thus she reports him into OP for having something that was unfit for a family event at a city championship. Then Roy, like some of the other players, was banned and not given a reason why. The reason? He listens to heavy metal bands such as "Suffocation" and "DevilDriver". Roy must be a satanist! Banned."

As i said, that was probably a bit extreme, but as stated in other threads... It seems that you can get banned for just about anything anymore, and taste in music can probably be a bannable offense soon enough.

~Shadow

POP representatives already said they didn't ban him for penny sleeves. They banned him for many reasons, one of which was the answers he gave when asked certain questions. You can't just simplify it down to-use penny sleeves with DX RHs and you get banned. That is not true, because people have used: penny sleeves, DX RHs, and not gotten banned. It's obvious there's more to his ban than you make it out to be.

I do have a problem with people not knowing why they were banned. I think that's a bit unfair. I also think it's unfair when the banned persons don't have fair representation for themselves.

However, I do not think that the bans are as simple as you make it out to be.

Wow, a lot of off topic posts where they talk about what if such and such gets banned. That's not what I mean :mad:. I meant what Does take to get banned, not what if you get banned!!!

ryanvergel said:
POP representatives already said they didn't ban him for penny sleeves. They banned him for many reasons, one of which was the answers he gave when asked certain questions. You can't just simplify it down to-use penny sleeves with DX RHs and you get banned. That is not true, because people have used: penny sleeves, DX RHs, and not gotten banned. It's obvious there's more to his ban than you make it out to be.

I do have a problem with people not knowing why they were banned. I think that's a bit unfair. I also think it's unfair when the banned persons don't have fair representation for themselves.

However, I do not think that the bans are as simple as you make it out to be.
Well, i also didn't know the whole story behind it, i was merely basing it off of the information that i had. I s'pose i should say thanks for clearing it up.

But i also feel i should say some other things, namely about how POP is /SEEMINGLY/ taking only one side of the story into account. Which is also, like many other things done under the current system, unfair.

What ever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? That probably holds no water here in chin-pokomahn though, only what POP /THINKS/ is true, and yet again, i'm basing this statement off of things that i probably don't know the whole story behind. Plus, if a new player gets banned for 50 years, i'd say they were setup, but hey, we all have our crackpot theorys and ideas ;D

~Shadow

This has to stop?

You that unhappy? Easy answer my friend, easy answer.

POP can ban people for ANY reason for ANY amount of time.

If POP does not feel that someone is a positive influence in the game, they can be axed.

Playing in POP events is not a right that is held by anyone, it is a privelidge that can be taken away at any time, for any reason.

Sorry kiddies, cold hard facts.

Vince

Vince, indeed they can ban for any REASON, but what about NO REASON? Oke no reason is also a reason.
It's like my mother said, "because I want so".

Never mind, I think there is nothing positive about granting "doubtfull" suspensions, even if they have the right to do so.
If you go on that road as company you should accept the public opinion to about this.

Who says companies don't have to maintain "normal standards" ?
If you want to demand decensy from your "customers" you should at least act decent yourself.
Giving the good example gives more trust, if you ask me.

Vince - pray that you never get someone on your road who doesn't like it your kids win a lot.
And that person has more $$$ influence than you and get it done to let you become suspended.
Or even worse gets it managed to exclude your kids from Premier events (and this all with "permission" of POP)

I bet you would sing another song if you were in that possition.
It's always easy to talk from the "non-hurt" side.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Kanna Hyouko said:
Wow, a lot of off topic posts where they talk about what if such and such gets banned. That's not what I mean :mad:. I meant what Does take to get banned, not what if you get banned!!!

What does it take ............................... (fill in whatever you want)

that's the answer.

Last edited:
meganium45 said:
POP can ban people for ANY reason for ANY amount of time.

If POP does not feel that someone is a positive influence in the game, they can be axed.

Apparently that includes the US Champion, banned for 5 YEARS for doing the most henious thing immaginable...

What was it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back