Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Will Be Good For City's?

So i think that whatever is good against Flygon Gyrados and Luxape/blazeray or at least has an even matchup against them will be good. I definitely think Luxape and Blazeray will continue to be good. i also think Gengar/Metagross will be good because i've seen it rip gyrados apart. I think the Tier List looks like this.

Flygon
LuxApe/BlazeRay
Gyrados

Gengar Varients
Kingdra/Gengar
Dialga G
Beedrill
some other stuff thats on the tip of my tongue lol

everything else.

so whats your opinion on this? give reasons so this doesnt get locked.

I think Salamence will be good because it's fast and takes many prizes in one blow.

GENGAR is the bomb
flygon can be counterned just as easily
gyardos is a risk take deck they kill your garados and IF u cant get it back u lost pretty much
luxape can be good but a good gengar player cann bet it fairly easy i beat on 6 times and lost none to one
kinngdra might be another way to go quick fast and a lot of damage

BlazeRay is the bomb because Blaziken can easily take on Tangrowth (If it get's popular). Luxray can OHKO Gyarados (Provided that Lucario GL is present). Blazeray is so consistent that you can throw so many techs in the decks against certain matchups that give you trouble. Face it, BlazeRay will dominate cities!

Gengar should be tier 1.
Beedrill will probably fade a lot with the release of Spiritomb.
Salamence will be at least tier 2.

SPs and Flygon of course will still be good, because of their consistancy. Im not too sure about gyarados, even though it has a good matchup with SP. I think the new sets will bring a few new good decks but nothing amazing that is tier 1.

salamence is looking good and could take a possible 4 prizes in one attack provided the right amount of damage on the opponents pokemon.
gengar is SICK and fast and can tear decks apart with ease ive seen it take down gyrados, luxape, and flygon many times.
flygon is still gonna be beast decking out most decks that go through their decks quickly.
gyrados is still gonna be up there as well as 90+ (pluspower/crobatG/poketurn/bucks) for free is estremely good.
luxape/blazeray, beedrill, and kingdra are gonna be good contenders as well.
dialga G could be good in a place without blazeray/luxape or flygon.
palkia lock is good against lots of decks as plenty of decks rely on powers to get set up.

but of course arceus will sweep everything anyway so why bother talking about the rest lol JK

IMO this is the order and the most popular decks (top 15 IMO) after Arceus is released and once cities comes around...

1: Gengar Varients (More popular now due to the Lv.X or in some cases Less popular but won't change the BDIF to be)
2: Flygon Varients (Same as before)
3: Shuppet (Better now due to Expert Belt and a lot of expected play IMO)
4: BlazeRay/LuxApe (Same with some tweaks)
5: Dialga G/ Palkia G (Both decks are good but might not last in popularity after cities)
6: Salamence (Going to become a big thing after Arceus IMO)
7: Machamp Varients (Same and with Expert Belt probably)
8: Tangrowth (Same as Salamence IMO)
9: Speedrill (Expert Belt once again)
10: Charizard (Expert Belt and the new Charizard from Arceus make this deck sick)
11: Gyrados (Not much difference)
12: Rampardos (Dying in popularity but still known)
13: Primeape (Popular after SV but has flaws)
14: Kingdra (Not very popular any more but expected to be in cities)
15: Eevelution Varients (Depending between Leafeon. Galceon, Flareon Etc)

After this and once states comes around with Legend sets I expect Gardevoir and other decks to be popular once again as well along with these decks and canceling out some of the top 15 I said above IMO.

The format from BRs will move onto this. There's alot that could be potentially good from Arceus such as Gengar, Tangrowth and Salamence. Whatever is good in testing of those will see play, and then decks which have bad matchups to those from older sets may die out.

IMO this is the order and the most popular decks (top 15 IMO) after Arceus is released and once cities comes around...

1: Gengar Varients (More popular now due to the Lv.X or in some cases Less popular but won't change the BDIF to be)
2: Flygon Varients (Same as before)
3: Shuppet (Better now due to Expert Belt and a lot of expected play IMO)
4: BlazeRay/LuxApe (Same with some tweaks)
5: Dialga G/ Palkia G (Both decks are good but might not last in popularity after cities)
6: Salamence (Going to become a big thing after Arceus IMO)
7: Machamp Varients (Same and with Expert Belt probably)
8: Tangrowth (Same as Salamence IMO)
9: Speedrill (Expert Belt once again)
10: Charizard (Expert Belt and the new Charizard from Arceus make this deck sick)
11: Gyrados (Not much difference)
12: Rampardos (Dying in popularity but still known)
13: Primeape (Popular after SV but has flaws)
14: Kingdra (Not very popular any more but expected to be in cities)
15: Eevelution Varients (Depending between Leafeon. Galceon, Flareon Etc)

After this and once states comes around with Legend sets I expect Gardevoir and other decks to be popular once again as well along with these decks and canceling out some of the top 15 I said above IMO.

Shuppet is way too reliant on a decent setup to even have it in top 8. Not too mention a lot of decks are going to be playing Spiritomb to pretty much stop it from donking. I would have Gyarados a lot higher, as well as the New Luxray with Expert Belt.

I suppose the new Luxray would be, as for Gyrados I don't see any play in my area and haven't seen many lists for it lately which is why I think it is dying out and not as popular. As for Shuppet, Spiritomb is overrated and won't see much play I think. It isn't that it is bad, just not as good as people think IMO and overhyped a tad. Shuppet is going to be sick with Expert Belt I think PoKey, but that is IMO once again.

I think you are going to see a lot more Kingdra w/ Expert Belt than you will Shuppet, Rampardos, and Primeape decks.

Gyarados is right up there in terms of BR top cuts/wins, so it is nowhere near dying out.

I imagine Citys will be what we have now, plus people trying Salamence, Charizard, and Luxray. There will probably be a few Tangrowths, and Random Stage 2 + Expert Belt + Spiritomb decks.

There honestly isn't a for sure way to tell what'll be good at cities. There are so many good decks right now, and with the release of Gengar X, Salamence X, Tangrowth X, expert belt, and others in Arceus, there will be many contenders for the top tier.

Flygon-weavile is BDIF,
others:
Speedrill
Gyarados
Shuppet (exp belt)
LuxApe
Blaze ray

For noobs (just kidding)
gengar

As much as I love the deck dearly, Flygon/Weavile (Yin/Yang) isn't the BDIF. In general, it's about a turn, maybe turn and a half slower than an SP build on average, and probably (on average) half a turn to a full turn slower than the donky stage 2 decks (Champ, Drill, etc), depending on who goes first. It also folds to anything that runs a heavy Mesprit line and a way to Lock for the first few turns (i.e. Giggles, Palkia, PUMA to an extent). In terms of both power and consistency, it's one of the best. It's just that turn 3 speed (on average) is too slow for the current format (and that peeves me off SO badly...)

Gyarados will be the best, but probably not the most played. The new cards will get WAY too much hype just cuz they are new. Annoys the crap outta me.

Back