Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Who Plays FINAL FANTASY XI?

LittlePichu

Hello Everyone,

I don't if this right place on the Board to post this.it's said random Topics
.If wrong place I'm sorry

I just woundering how many fellows pokemon Player out there Plays FINAL FANTASY XI ((11))
Online game...I want to a trounment one day ,,((don't remenber which one was it)) and besides my friends who is on my Team ,I was shock on how many people I bumped into. who plays the game

I play the game for half year now and Just woundering how many PPl out there Plays it and do have
any good advice in the game or you have any trips .. for the New People who want to play or those
who are still not to highest lvl yet?

I'm a lvl 51 Rdm ((Redmage)) /25Blm (((Black Mage)) TaruTaru Girl and My name in the
game is Rydialightshade and I'm on the Unicorn Sever

and when you are Typing to someone that outside of the game, Do catch yourself use the Symbol
Like B/C ((Becuase)) or <3 ((heart or love)) or typing an action word do you type it like this ((/Run))
or </nod> ,I do and my friends who don't play the game just goes
huh? and I have to explains what that Symbol means lol

If you don't play it.. Did you ever Play any FINAL FANTASY Games and what your Favorit
ones
My was FINAL FANTASY 4..Because I love the Char Rydia on it
She was the coolest SNM ((Summoner)) on it and I love FINAL FANTASY 6 b/c the frist
seen of Fenrir ((I.E Wolf Summon))

Thanks for your time and <Nice to Meet you> :thumb:

This would go better in the Electronic Games forum. But anyhow...

Name; Tyran
Race: Mithra
Server: Remora
Nationality: Windurst
Jobs:
-60 MNK
-32 WAR
-30 THF

The best FF games were FF6 and FFT, easily, because they hadn't stopped caring about game content by that point, and actually made good games. Nowadays you have utter crap like FFX-2, with no real plot or characters. Kind of sad, especially since the Light Warriors back in the original FF1 (the NES version) had more substance to them. Oh yeah, and they took out all the challenge from the series. Go play FF4 hardtype, I'd bet most gamers nowadays couldn't beat it.

I dont play it, cause I dont have access to online gaming where I live. I suppose you mean FFXI for PS2, cause I havent heard of one for PC.

However I played all and every FF except for FF3 and the best in my opinion is definitely FF7 followed by FFX.
FF7 had awesome story which kept me playing it 4-5 times again just to see if I didnt missed even a slightest info about Cloud and the whole bunch.
FFX is great because its the first one with real voices, which is something I missed in the serie.

metagross said:
I dont play it, cause I dont have access to online gaming where I live. I suppose you mean FFXI for PS2, cause I havent heard of one for PC.

I play it on PC. Granted, FFXI started off as a PS2 game, but they've since ported it over to PC, which has far better potential for a system. They're even going to release it for the Xbox 360.

Also, if you like plot and characters, seriously play FF6 again (unless you meant FF3us, by "except FF3", in which case play that). It has better characters then FF7 could ever have (Kefka makes Sephiroth look flat and uninspired—partly because he is), and a better story than anything except FFT.

Oh yeah, and on a general note, I think it was Square's downfall for the quality of the FF series when they started adding doomsday attacks—Genji Glove+Offering and Psycho Cyan trick in FF6, Omnislash and KotR in FF7, Lionheart in FF8, etc—to make the games pathetically easy. It's like they think players shouldn't need challenge any more. Oh yeah, and when they started caring about graphics over plot. I hated FFX, it was basically like playing a badly-scripted movie.

Lesee... this would now be the third FFXI topic started on here... >_>

anyway, beside that, I play with the PC version. you can find me on Phoenix server. Definately prefer it on the PC over the PS2, because the graphics potential is so much more (I have it on my notebook with my 1280x800 widescreen cranked up to max settings :eek: :clap: )

As for your typing questions, I was already using those symbols anyway that I use in FFXI, and between friends of mine we use the / comands in MSN conversations :lol: my problem is I usually have my desktop running whne I'm playing on my notebook, and have conversations going so end up trying to balance 2 keyboards on my lap (I dont have anywhere to put my keyboards, this isnt a computer desk). which isnt a bad thing in itself, but I can get them crossed and type things on the wrong keyboards :eek:

As for the other ones, my favorites would be 3-6, with 3 my most favorite. In fact, I've been listening to FF3 music most of the day (hey marril, ever heard the Final Fantasy III - Eternal Legend Of The Wind CD? It's awesome), and I want to go start a new game on there now :lol:

Last edited:
wow this is the 3rd topic of FF-11 O.O ,,I didn't know that lol oh well
but it's <nice to meet you> anyone from Unicorn sever here /beside my Friends =P you know who
you are..lol

I just got it myself. I have to wait to register an account though. But I also would like to know, my computer seems to have an Intel Extreme Graphics Controller graphics card. Would it still run FFXI or do I have to have one of those GeForce or Radion graphics cards? I got this computer from Dell last year, so I would think it would run it.

i don't play it, because i don't want to pay the monthly fee. something about car payments, insurance, rent, food, tuition, and school books seems to lighten my wallet (oh, yeah, and cable/internet bills). i would love to play it, but i just don't have the spare money.

as for the series in general, not counting ff11 (which i cannot comment on, due to lack of play), i think it has kind of declined in recent years. ff10 and ff10-2 were both horrible disappointments, in my opinion. i much prefer the old style world map, where you can walk (or fly/boat) around and explore places as opposed to going from one fixed destination to another. that was half the fun of the final fantasy series, being free to explore and find secrets. i had imagined that with the ps2, they would have made a gigantic world map with all kinds of fun secrets for players to find, but instead, they devoted their efforts to making the game graphically appealing. as a result, i have gone back and played ff anthology and ff chronicles when i need an rpg fix. who needs shiny graphics when you have gameplay??

Last edited:
Just got on on like Wednesday night. I'm on the Gilgamesh server for now. I might delete my level 1 char whenever my friend sends me a world pass for Leviathan, and just create a new character on there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my Handle is Lord_Shadelon, char name is Lordshadelon.

Last edited:
I decided to keep my char on Gilgamesh.

Name: Lordshadelon
Server: Gilgamesh
Race: Elvaan
Nation: Windurst
Rank 2
Jobs:
-Blm: lvl 18
-Rdm: lvl 15

That's what I am so far.

Last edited:
Hey, hit me up sometime if you need help, or just to talk. I'm on gilgamesh, too. Character name is Loetke, Lv75WAR Rank10 San d'Oria.

Loetke said:
Hey, hit me up sometime if you need help, or just to talk. I'm on gilgamesh, too. Character name is Loetke, Lv75WAR Rank10 San d'Oria.

Cool someone else from Gilgamesh :clap: . I'm trying to make my own linkshell, so if you want a pearl, let me know. :thumb:

I used to play the game. I miss it SOO BAD! This was my character's peak before I stopped playing-

Name- Bumpkin
Server- Alexander
Race- TaruTaru
Nation- Windurst
Rank- 2 (hehe)
Jobs- Main job: BLM-lvl 43 Sub job: WHM-lvl 24

I'm probably going to start back into it soon... we'll see. any of the servers that are better than the others?

Lol someone bumped it again.

Well, since I'm here, yesterday I got DRK and PLD unlocked, and I'm working on SMN as well (gotta find out how to get somewhere with ice weather)

Also, funny thing I found out about Gilgamesh. For anyone that's read or watched anything from Ken Akamatsu (A.I. Love You, Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima), Akamatsu depicts a swirly-eyed assistant that works with him. That guy plays on Gilgamesh server (his main is a Mithra)

Anyone else play on Phoenix?

Last edited:
light_gengar said:
I used to play the game. I miss it SOO BAD! This was my character's peak before I stopped playing-

Name- Bumpkin
Server- Alexander
Race- TaruTaru
Nation- Windurst
Rank- 2 (hehe)
Jobs- Main job: BLM-lvl 43 Sub job: WHM-lvl 24

I'm probably going to start back into it soon... we'll see. any of the servers that are better than the others?

I don't know about any of the other servers, but I really like Gilgamesh. It's alot of fun, lots of friendly people around. Even got some high level friends that help me out very often.

EDIT: I can get you a world pass if you want, just ask. PM me about it though. I rarely come on here anymore.

Last edited:
There are a few servers to avoid. Gilgamesh is one of the better ones. I recommend avoiding Fairy, as it has insanely high prices on equipment. Gilga has pretty much grown out of the end-game drama that plagues most servers. I'm sure we'll get a fresh batch of it with the 360 release of the game though.

Back