Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why are Legendary/historic pokemon not always that good?

senior pokeboy

I have been wondering why Pokemon like Dialga, Palkia and Lucario isn't that good. When you see the movies they are like the best, but in TCG world it is ''normal'' pokemon like Machamp, Gengar, Kingdra, Tyranitar and so on, that is good. When you look on the Modifed Legendary Pokemon they have X2 Weakness + they arn't the best. Do any have the awnser? Or a theory?
Thank you.

Did you really expect that every card has to be like the video game or movie version? Not everything in the world is created to be solely realistic, but as a means of being original and intelligent.

Did you really expect that every card has to be like the video game or movie version? Not everything in the world is created to be solely realistic, but as a means of being original and intelligent.

I know but it is just strange. I just find it funny to see the big difference from the movies to the TCG.

If the TCG was like the movie or the videogame we wouldn't be able to have 3 Dialgas in our decks either . . .

Legendaries are usually high HP Basics with big expensive attacks . . . that seems about right to me.

theyre not all that bad. did you think about dialga g x? palkia x and palkia g x? giratina x? mewtwo x could be getting better. and have you played against amu or puma?

If legendaries were like they were in the anime they would be near broken. If not completely broken. A Pikachu deck would also be viable somehow.

^ I would have nothing wrong with that second statement. That is... as long as it was a deck full of evil pikachus. bwahahahaha

what is Puma? I have never herd the name Puma in the TCG world. And yes it is good, but Galactic isn't as natrual as a free pokemon, but that can be the same.

and if you don't know, AMU is azelf, mesprit, and uxie LV.X. tell the people that won states or regionals with dialga G and palkia G that legendary's aren't good.

WHAAAATT?

Look what you just said
"Did you really expect that every card has to be like the video game or movie version?"

followed with:

"Not everything in the world is created to be solely realistic..."

You're trying to be condescending and YOU don't even make sense ....... :confused:

ANYWAY ...

The legendaries in the cartoon seem to have a BIG BLOW and are hard to take down.
BUT.. they do not evolve. So, in the TCG, they have to play as BIG BASICS.

The question is: How BIG can you make a basic without being unfair?

I think the TCG has made them as big as possible (usually 90 - 100 hp) and has given them a heavy attack cost to AVOID THE unfair DONK.

Imagine if Rayquazza only needed 2 energies to do 150 !!!

Imagin if Groudon only needed 2 energyies and there was NO effect on Earthquake for 100!!

Answer = They're BASIC pokemon, so they have to SLOW THEM DOWN somehow! They're so big and the hit for so much. SO, you have to offset that power somehow to keep the game fair.

BUT... I'm kinda with you. I would LOVE to be able to build legendaries into my decks. They just take too much creavitity and complication to work in than they're worth (most of the time).

Great question :thumb:

Back