Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why BigChuck01 should be Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce 1337

My good friend BigChuck01 was recently banned from the Pokegym for "mod bashing" or something. Now I know this is against the rules, but do we REALLY want to ban our #1 shot at getting this game into the public eye? As much as we hate to admit it, we KNOW Chuck brings a lot of attention to the game. His "Bad-Boy" and "Sex appeal" will help to bring in new, young sponsors, like Abercrombie or Pepsi. I for one can DEFINATELY see Chuck stepping out of the Pepsi truck with a Rock-Lock in one hand and a Pepsi in the other. This goes back to the whole "Pokemon needs advertisement" topic. Chuck and his 1337 skills and sickening arrogance is definately media eye-candy.

Chuck one of the best players, if not THE best player in the game. If there was a Pokemon hall of fame, Chuck would definately be in it. Let's take a look at some of his accomplishments:

9th in the World in DCI at one point
5th - ECSTS (Undefeated in Swiss)
1st - CSC 2001
2nd - Professor Championships 2001
2nd at Origins 1st ever Team Event with the great Jason Klaczynski
15+ 2002 Pokemon Trading Card Game WORLD CHAMPION (Undefeated)
2 Windy City Championships
2 15+ Super Battlezone Championships
1st - 2005 Illinois State Championships
1st*** - 2005 Missouri State Championships
2nd - 2005 Indiana State Championships
1st - Iowa City Champion (But that doesn't really count, sorry Iowa)

There are probably a lot more major wins, but those are the only ones he told me about. Do we REALLY want someone who has been so active in the game, winning so many tournaments, helping so many people, banned for one little JOKE? Spirit of the Game says NO, and so should you.

-Bruce

I for one feel somewhat inclined to agree in some places.

He told me on AIM he was banned for insulting a moderator, no? Last time I checked that was not necessarily the most tactful thing to do. =/

However, the help he brings to the message boards is great. Unlike several members of the "secret 00ber 1337" websites, he is willing to share his personal lists of decks and make the community better as a whole. The better we all are, the more likely the US can win worlds 05.

If he personally apologizes to Pokemom in private then yes, the one-month ban should be shortened or ended, at least IMO.

What...the...heck?

Why am I never told these things?

Anyways, I do agree that he is a cool guy, but just showing what he has done in the past as far as tournaments go doesn't mean anything.

Gee...deja-vu...2002...all over again :rolleyes:

So it doesn't MATTER how anyone behaves, as long as they WIN? Act like a complete jerk, and you get a free pass no matter what...becuz U R so 1337!!11!

Not...at least on the PokéGym...

'mom :rolleyes:

Funny thing.
We don't ban/not ban members based on how well the play the game.
It's how well they play at being members of the 'Gym.
Being a good player does not get one a pass on following the rules.
You're not saying that he's "better than everyone else" and doesn't have to follow the same rules everyone else does?
It was totally his choice.

And, for the record, threatening another member was kind of over the top and the primary cause of the ban. Continual baiting of a mod (and I do mean continual!) was just a kicker.

Bottom line, if someone wants to post on this site, obey the rules of the site.

It's not brain surgery.

Last edited:
VERY Mature Ness. :nonono: Please, let's keep this on topic.

Chuck shouldn't be unbanned because he's the best, he should be unbanned because of the ENERGY he brings to this game. Pokemon without Chuck is kinda like Football without Tackleing, or Hockey without Checking. It's safer and better for the kids, but the quality and fun factor decreases significantly.

Oh? So the game rides on just ONE person? If they're gone then it all falls apart?!?

Rules are rules, and as it looks he broke them. The rules affect you no matter who you are.

Spirit of the Game! He never TRULY threatened a member of the boards, his knuckles were just in need of cracking. Seriously, its like me going *cough* in the middle of this post, i'm just stating that i'm coughing while typing this out. Chuck is probably the most harmless player to ever play this game, HONESTLY. He's just a chubby fun loving kid from Illinois who happens to be a great Pokemon player. *Cough* The boards NEED him, seriously. If he stays banned the random players on the board will have no decks and strategy to rip off, including me =(

In closing, don't unban Alex for him, do it for us, the little guys. The guys who so desperately desire to get better at this game and can't accomplish that goal without a little boost. We BEG you. *cough*

BTW, reply to my question in the Ask the masters section! Please!!!!!

Last edited:
Unban Chuck because this site is ban happy. 99% of the time these " Bashes" are amongst friends or people who know each other well enough not to be offended and simply what they would normally do. They are not offended. Ban a member if someone reports them for offending them, don't ban them because you feel if you were said person, you'd be offended.

Bruce 1337....out of curiosity....who was it who beat BigChuck01 at the 2002 Professor Championship? Wasn't it that sexy Chris Fulop kid?

whos chris fulop? jk. um...i say unban chuck cause i promise he wont talk any more smack about pokemans. ok, he'll still voice his opinion, but he'll try to leave the mods out of it. XD

Darn it folks, I sure wish that we decided on bans, or more importantly un-bans, by popular vote of the membership. If we did then BigChuck would be free to post this very evening.

UNFORTUNATELY, the decision to ban or lift a ban is one reserved for the people who run this board. I will tell you that we often consider the wishes and feelings of the community when we make decisions, but in this case, after a quick review of the wonderful supportive posts in this thread, nothing has changed. BigChuck will be posting again in 30 days 21 hours if he wants to.

BDS

Last edited:
You guys are so lucky at how nice and forgiving the mods are here. At ALL of the forums I go to (except this one), you sass a mod, you are IP banned and gone forever. If you bash another member, not only are you flamed to death by others, but you are also gone forever. Other mods do not care on what others think and have a zero tolerance policy, and temporary bans are EXTREMELY rare. Be happy that the mods here aren't just bosses, but are reasonable people who actually give you second chances. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back