Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ZRE and Yamato??

badganondorf

I found somewhere here Pokegym the deck that was almost Yamato's ZRE or even direct copy of that. But now I don't find it. So if anyone has the Yamato's list I would be very glad if I can see that. And if you don't remember what was Yamatos's list anyways I would like to see your opinion of the best ZRE deck. I think that ZRE with Magcargo is better than ZRE without. So what do you think?? Thanks already :smile:

Last edited:
I saw him play his deck on sunday. He played fossils in his deck. They are no longer allowed in the current format. The fossils worked great as to blow up electrode ex and attach to fossil, drop ray ex, moltres ex or zapdos ex. The fossils worked great for ray ex because you could knock out fossil from active position and move up ray ex and not give up a prize for it.

ya he didnt use his zre because it had mew in it and that is also the only reason he didnt use it in worlds. i guess the man really loves his mews

Waliken said:
ya he didnt use his zre because it had mew in it and that is also the only reason he didnt use it in worlds. i guess the man really loves his mews
So did he play Mew ex in Marathon?? :cool: I didn't even notice when I was at Worlds that Yamato was playing after he dropped.

dld4a: Yeah fortunately fossils come back in the next set

ryanvergel: Was it?? Then how Go played Calw Fossil too,ok. So he didn't play Mew, now I'm confused :biggrin:

Last edited:
Yamato used his own personal deck in the very, very late hours of the marathon, when there were only around 2-3 people watching.

Before that, when he had a 10 person line to play him, he was using Goh's ZRE list. Goh's list used no gyms, pokeball/dual ball, reversal/pow, and i cant remember if it used cargo or not.

ryanvergel said:
Yamato used his own personal deck in the very, very late hours of the marathon, when there were only around 2-3 people watching.

Before that, when he had a 10 person line to play him, he was using Goh's ZRE list. Goh's list used no gyms, pokeball/dual ball, reversal/pow, and i cant remember if it used cargo or not.

It did.

And no magmar, right? I remember people questioning how he did when he only had 4 voltorb starts and slugma/zap/ray starts, but he just whipped through it and owned.

ryanvergel said:
And no magmar, right? I remember people questioning how he did when he only had 4 voltorb starts and slugma/zap/ray starts, but he just whipped through it and owned.

So he didn't play Magmar. Interesting.. that means he played many Reporters and maybe even Secret Missions. And Magcargo. I was wondering did he play Reversals in his deck, I heard something like that. And Pows, so he was switching his opponents active pokemon all the time.

So what we know this far is:

2 Slugma
2 Cargo
4 Voltorb
? Electrode ex
? Rayquaza ex
? Zapdos ex

Edit :Thanks so Moltres and ray* are now gone. Now we need amount of those pokémons and trainers...

Last edited:
he didnt thats just a speculation i believe. im pretty sure the only time a moltres was on the table during a game with him was when his opponent played it.

Waliken said:
he didnt thats just a speculation i believe. im pretty sure the only time a moltres was on the table during a game with him was when his opponent played it.
Yea I know. That was just the only one that I could say for sure I never saw him use. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I ever saw him use Zappy(really iffy on that though, he probably did use it) and I'm pretty sure that I didn't see him use Rayquaza*.

No ray*
I think 1 zappy
I think he used 3/3 pow/reversal
no missions
pokeball/dual ball
did he use switch or warp?

if you were near him, he gave out the numbers to certain cards like how many zapdos, pow, reversal, etc. i just dont remember

So no Moltres and yes it was just speculation as was Ray* too because I did miss Yamato Marathon at Worlds perfectly....Thanks guys we need some more viewers.

SLOW DECK said:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=299085#post299085

This might be the link you were thinking off.

Pokemon-16

x4 magmar
x4 voltorb
x4 electrode ex
x2 zapdos ex
x2 rayquaza ex (dx)

Trainers-28

x2 claw fossil
x4 tv reporter
x3 rockets mission
x4 battle frontier
x4 pow! hand extension
x4 dual ball
x4 lannetes
x3 pokeball

energy-16
x8 fire
x8 lightning

Yes that was it thanks SLOW DECK. Still I and I think that someone other could be interested about Yamato's rumored Mew deck or Go's list. But yes that was the link I was looking for.

Back