Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

States decks

So, where exactly are we
lets seeeeeeeee

rampardos beats amphytric
amphytric beats blastcatty
blastcatty beats rampardos
and there all about 50/50 with sp pokes

yaaaaaaaaay we have another big metagame that looks similar to rock/paper/scizors:lol:

pkmn rcks

All of which are only somewhat playable. Amphy loses to Dialga G/Crobat G, Blastoise loses to DP Dusknoir, Ramparados is a hand me down version of Machamp/Kingdra.

I highly doubt that other than the addition of Dialga in many decks (the new Unown G?) this set won't have a major impact on the format like the last two sets did.

All of which are only somewhat playable. Amphy loses to Dialga G/Crobat G, Blastoise loses to DP Dusknoir, Ramparados is a hand me down version of Machamp/Kingdra.

[DEL]I highly doubt that other than the addition of Dialga in many decks (the new Unown G?) this set won't have a major impact on the format like the last two sets did.[/DEL] oh how wrong

Amphy has tric for a reason but yes it does have a bad machup for sp pokes
blastkatty played right :eek: pwns dusknoir
and last but not least, WE ALL SAW HOW WELL KINGDRA AND MACHAMP DID
they were top tier, and donk decks will remain top tier :frown:

Blastcatty can afford to play a small bench?
Lol, right, unless you want to get minimal production out of your Blastoise and Catties I suggest you run from Dusknoirs

now would be a good time for players to develop ummmmmmm

SKILLZ!

oh yea and blastoise can snipe

Last edited:
So, where exactly are we
lets seeeeeeeee

rampardos beats amphytric 80/20
amphytric beats blastcatty 65/35
blastcatty beats rampardos 60/40
and there all about 50/50 with sp pokes

yaaaaaaaaay we have another big metagame that looks similar to rock/paper/scizors:lol:

I miss ploxs with everyone playing the same deck skill decided most games and you got to play more then one turn.

why do people think rampardos is SOOOO gOOOD??? its not its terrible ok, You COULD donk bu what then you kill pokemon and hurt your self and having using your fosiil exavator is a waist, what do you do if you waist them all no fossils! and fossil can't attack so just have to pass if you start with a fossil

I come back to see what this thread has descended to...
*sigh*

Rampardos- A terrible version of Kingdra who kills himself and does not damage the bench. He maxes out at 80 damage (which is TERRIBLE for STAGE TWO), or 100 (which is better, but means you need to lower your odds for getting the big guy out T1-2. This deck could be PASSABLE, but any deck capable of dealing any form of quick damage will overrun it (hitting yourself for 40 is TERRIBLE considering he only deals 80 damage.)

One good thing about Rampardos is consistancy, at least. With Time Space Tear, Fossil Excavator, and a big enough search line, you can make this deck pretty consistant, which is great for killing things T1. You get a few early prizes, and then unlike Kingdra did NOT soften up the bench and weaken the attackers they will inevitably send to kill you. The MT one can help with dealing high damage at any point, but lets consider how often 100 damage will kill a stage two.

One option yes, CRANIDOS MT spread, but then you aren't killing anything early game, and thus it kinda defeats the purpose of running this Rampardos in the first place.

Unless I'm missing something, this deck is silly once you look at what your options are later on in the game.

Ampharos/Manectris: any deck that saves room for TWO CARDS (Dialga and his Lv X) completely shuts you down, which alot of top tier decks will simply because of the sheer majoriy of cards they shut off (I can literally name about 15 playable cards with good bodies off the top of my head), and without that you have a deck that suffers from mediocre damage output and a bunch of useless bodies.

It won't be a terrible deck, but if decks came with warnings this one would say "WARNING, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, METAGAME MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH". If you play it, try to have an idea of what your metagame looks like.

So, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll throw you guys an idea.

SLAKING DIALGA G LV X.
Shut off Slaking's body, and slam your opponent for 150 every turn (essentially a kill every turn). With Memory Berry and the new Slakoths Flail, your opponent will be hesitant to hit back if they cannot OHKO you right back.

Of course there is the cost of Slaking's attack (FOUR ENERGY), but as with all things this can be easily gotten around.

I am quite curious to hear your thoughts on this deck and its problems, any takers for a problem that's needs solving.

If it weren't for the faulty ruling that prevents Crash Chant from discarding Unown G, Dusknoir/Mismagius would be the BDIF. The attack targets the Tool, not the Pokemon. Lame.

If it weren't for the faulty ruling that prevents Crash Chant from discarding Unown G, Dusknoir/Mismagius would be the BDIF. The attack targets the Tool, not the Pokemon. Lame.

You can’t target the Tool if you can’t target the Pokemon
You cant target a piece of anything, without targeting that thing it self

It's in no way faulty

You can’t target the Tool if you can’t target the Pokemon
You cant target a piece of anything, without targeting that thing it self

It's in no way faulty

The attack says, "Pokemon Tool cards or Technical Machine cards that are in play" not "Pokemon Tool cards or Technical Machine cards attached to your Pokemon or your opponent's Pokemon." Just like Electivire Lv.X's attack targets "your opponent's Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards that are in play." There's no reference to affecting the Pokemon. Unless you consider removing the Tool from the Pokemon to be "affecting the Pokemon". Which would be lame.

Either change the ruling, or PCL's gotta give us a power that removes tools. Mismagius SP Lv.X shows so much promise until you finish reading the Poke Power.

I come back to see what this thread has descended to...
*sigh*

Rampardos- A terrible version of Kingdra who kills himself and does not damage the bench. He maxes out at 80 damage (which is TERRIBLE for STAGE TWO), or 100 (which is better, but means you need to lower your odds for getting the big guy out T1-2. This deck could be PASSABLE, but any deck capable of dealing any form of quick damage will overrun it (hitting yourself for 40 is TERRIBLE considering he only deals 80 damage.)

One good thing about Rampardos is consistancy, at least. With Time Space Tear, Fossil Excavator, and a big enough search line, you can make this deck pretty consistant, which is great for killing things T1. You get a few early prizes, and then unlike Kingdra did NOT soften up the bench and weaken the attackers they will inevitably send to kill you. The MT one can help with dealing high damage at any point, but lets consider how often 100 damage will kill a stage two.

One option yes, CRANIDOS MT spread, but then you aren't killing anything early game, and thus it kinda defeats the purpose of running this Rampardos in the first place.

Unless I'm missing something, this deck is silly once you look at what your options are later on in the game.
Rampardos only takes selfdamage for KOing with the attack. Mold Breaker should be used for kills.

Ampharos/Manectris: any deck that saves room for TWO CARDS (Dialga and his Lv X) completely shuts you down, which alot of top tier decks will simply because of the sheer majoriy of cards they shut off (I can literally name about 15 playable cards with good bodies off the top of my head), and without that you have a deck that suffers from mediocre damage output and a bunch of useless bodies.

It won't be a terrible deck, but if decks came with warnings this one would say "WARNING, PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, METAGAME MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH". If you play it, try to have an idea of what your metagame looks like.

So, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll throw you guys an idea.
Assuing neither card is prized, that you draw into both without powers, or that you flip heads on a level MAX. As a matter of fact, a Kabutops Ampharos combo would make it near impossible to do.

SLAKING DIALGA G LV X.
Shut off Slaking's body, and slam your opponent for 150 every turn (essentially a kill every turn). With Memory Berry and the new Slakoths Flail, your opponent will be hesitant to hit back if they cannot OHKO you right back.

Of course there is the cost of Slaking's attack (FOUR ENERGY), but as with all things this can be easily gotten around.

I am quite curious to hear your thoughts on this deck and its problems, any takers for a problem that's needs solving.
Was talking about this before, but Machamp and Rampardos could hurt its potential.

I love how sparta comes out with the whole "Rampardos is easy to KO back when it does 40 to itself" (clearly forgetting that it'll only be doing that against shrimpy basics and stage 1s, and hitting for 80 and then reducing) but comes out with the whole slaking thing. Slaking only needs to be hit for 100 to OHKO him and takes 4 energy to replace. I think its clear who knows what and who doesn't.

Rampardos only takes selfdamage for KOing with the attack. Mold Breaker should be used for kills.
That’s still two shoting pokemon from a stage two while not setting up and KO’s. AKA, its still terrible.
Not to mention that’s 120 damage. Face a pokemon with 130 or more HP. Now you need some form of damage increase just to TWO SHOT pokemon. And you still have no way of setting up KO’s.
Assuing neither card is prized, that you draw into both without powers, or that you flip heads on a level MAX. As a matter of fact, a Kabutops Ampharos combo would make it near impossible to do.

I love how you COMPLETELY disregard the existence of Azelf, which every good deck with any useful single copy pokemon in it runs. The rest of that sentence dies with this. And where the heck did you get Level Max from? Bebe still grabs Lv X’s…. Send him up, Lv Up, Warp Point, DONE.
Two stage twos setup faster than I can get out one Lv X. And if I have a Bebe, all my pokemon take 10… and you are locked. Thinking, it does WONDERS to avoid embarrassing yourself when you post, try it sometime

Was talking about this before, but Machamp and Rampardos could hurt its potential.
Agreed, but as with most decks you would obviously need to scout your metagame before using this deck, similar to AmphyTric or Regigigas. Forewarned is Forearmed (actually, Machamp is Four Armed, but you get the point <.<).

I love how sparta comes out with the whole "Rampardos is easy to KO back when it does 40 to itself" (clearly forgetting that it'll only be doing that against shrimpy basics and stage 1s, and hitting for 80 and then reducing) but comes out with the whole slaking thing. Slaking only needs to be hit for 100 to OHKO him and takes 4 energy to replace. I think its clear who knows what and who doesn't.

I love how Rampardos does 80 and hits itself for 40, whereas Slaking does ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY and only increases damage that he takes in return. I love the fact that I never said Rampardos was an easy kill, just that doing only 80 and hitting yourself for 40 in return is terrible, PERIOD.

Seriously, did you even TRY when you posted this? I hereby deny the existence of this terrible argument, please post something that actually shows the intelligence you have =/

Back