Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

European CUP global info, announcement.

Does anybody have attendance numbers? Sounds like with a T16 there were plenty of people. How many in total?

Around 90 masters, 30ish Seniors and 10ish Juniors.

Masters Finals will be Michal B from Czech Republic against Filipp L from Austria !

Stay tuned ! :p

---------- Post added 10/10/2010 at 05:09 PM ----------

Congratulations to Michal B for winning this European Prague Cup !

You can check the report of the entire Finals here : http://www.pokeworld.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=926

Thank you for the reports, your reports are great....
Had both Murkrow and Azelf in prizes and the bad thing was, that I would have won with one of them -.-
Filipp.

Second isn't too bad^^

Puncher: LOL Anything I should know? Everything is on the camera and will be posted soon by our reporter. So do not worry, if there will be visible any cheat we will punish the cheater. If you had a problem you should have called a judge to keep an eye on the oponent :-/

Stats:
91 Masters
35 Seniors
11 Juniors

Thanks all for comming. It was a wonderful time with great players from different parts of the World! I hope we could meet each other more often at some similar big tournaments...

Good luck to anybody, who would like to organise one.

Tomas

I heard some rumours. E.g. that one player was also a judge who could see the decklists. I also heard that the local pro always talked with judges in the czech language.

Can anyone confirm these? I doubt that one player was also a judge. However if the second rumour is true, i think that this is very unfair because many foreigns from germany and italy can´t understand czech. It would be a lot better when they talked in english to avoid sceptism.

Would've been better, but they didn't - in finals he also talked in czech, but the problem is that you can't do anything against that....
And if he cheated - you will never know?!
Only thing, many players told me, that they saw, that he stacked his deck and once I forgot to cut his deck he had everything.
However it would be to late to do something.
-Filipp.

Ace-: No player was also a judge. That is guaranteed. The decklists were kept safe by our floor manager and nobody else was able to search thru the database of decklists without his knowledge.

I don't know about any talkings between the Pro and the judges during the play, but I was always somewhere else, so I couldn't comment that. All I could say is:

All my judges are very responsible and honest, including HJ. Any doubts should have been solved on the spot. Why it is always talked after, when all is over? XD. We could have solved it.

Everytime in top cut if I talked in Czech I only wanted quicky asked about something and than if I know answer I quicky translate it to English and tell my opponent. For example Shadowguard can confirm this if he wanted to know if top 8 or top 4 will gets t-shirts, I asked judge and quickly said him that top 4 only ...

@ Darkmot

I shuffled my deck before finals on 7 piles like everytime before game and if I did not do this, everytime my opponent shuffled my deck + TOP 16 decks were everytime took off the completed tables on judge station so where can I stack my deck 0_o ? Before you, 2 judges, that one of them was Portugal and reporter was from France and before screen that saw hole room 0_o ? You cant think this real ...

I know its very hard that you did not win and some lol Czech noob do, but sorry this is pretty emberasing try to infirm results, mailny if infirms are based on some "hearded rumors".

Last edited:
Why can't a Czech player talk to a Czech judge in Czech? Is there any rule about this?

They might not be completely fluent in the opponent's language. As long as everything was explained to the opponent in a language they understood, then is there a problem?

It's a bit cynical to imply that using their native language means they were cheating.

Cheating is a BIG accusation and I think you need proof before you make it. If a lot of players were going around saying he stacked, why didn't anyone call a judge instead of just starting rumours?

@BabyMario: It is absolutely standard that if you have players from abroad who are not native speakers that you speak in English whenever possible. When I have guests from the Netherlands, Belgium or Denmark I always speak English at tables where a German player plays against a foreigner.

You want to hold a big international tournament? Fine, then IMO the tournament langauge cannot be the local language (provided it is not English).

I agree that people should finally learn to address things directly at the tournament. Some judge speaks in a language I do not understand giving me no clue what they are talking about? Fine, then I complain to the judge. Does nothing? I complain to the HJ. Does nothing? I complain to the TO. Does nothing? Well, at last there is always the TPCI.
Same goes if I think someone is stacking (although it is quite easy to defend against it: Cutting and shuffling your opponents´ deck is golden here). Same goes if a player judges or has access to the decklists. If you went up to the TO and nothing happened, THEN you can go and complain here.

Why can't a Czech player talk to a Czech judge in Czech? Is there any rule about this?

well in other cards games some judges want their nation to win. so they talk in their languae ,which many do not understand, to give advices, information etc.
Of course it sounds naive.

@charlie1322

i am sorry about this situation. i didnt want to offend you but i just wanted to hear statements of other countries.

well in other cards games some judges want their nation to win. so they talk in their languae ,which many do not understand, to give advices, information etc.
Of course it sounds naive.

@charlie1322

i am sorry about this situation. i didnt want to offend you but i just wanted to hear statements of other countries.

What if the Czech guy doesn't speak English? What do you do then?

I dunno, it just seems like some pretty big accusations are being thrown around with no evidence to back them up and that is damaging both the win and the tourney.

If someone actually has evidence (instead of player gossip - everything was on video wasn't it?) then fair enough, otherwise this just seems massively unfair to me.

EDIT

Just read the report on the finals. These were the starts . . .

Game 1:

Michal started by taking a mulligan and finds only one pokemon, while Filipp benches 2 pokemon.
Revealing Sableye against Unown Q, Filipp wastes no time and attaches a special Darkness Energy for the dink !

Game 2 : Michal make Filipp start. No mulligan this time, but each player only has 1 pokemon. Beware of the donks :!
Filipp starts with Crobat, drops Uxie, attaches psychic energy and goes Psychic Restore to do 30 damages to Michal's lone Machop.

Game 3: Michal starts, with Eevee and Ditto against Garchomp and Sableye. He drops Azelf and Time Walk into a Machamp. His hand is Poke Drawer, Warp Point, PONT, Uxie and Luxury, and he elects to put back Warp Point. He can then drop Uxie and draw 4 cards. This gives him a Machop he plays before passing the turn.

So . . . the winner starts with a mulligan and gets donked game 1. Game 2 he has a lone Machop (big risk of Sableye donk). Game 3 he starts with Eevee and Ditto.

Does that look like stacking to anyone?

Last edited:
No problem.

Congratulations on your win.

(I edited the above post to show what happened in the Final).

Thank you, thank you very much.

I personaly think that Darkmot was little tilted / frustrated and therefore he wrotes that post ... you know are guys and guys ;)

ähm yeah is usually play my uxie that i can get 3 new cards and i get Machop Candy and Communication or Champ every time /sarcasm

Thank you, thank you very much.

I personaly think that Darkmot was little tilted / frustrated and therefore he wrotes that post ... you know are guys and guys ;)

Congratz too, was a great final^^
Yeah I was a little bit frustated, because who wants to loose, because his Azelf is prized -.-
Normally you play the card to get the prizes and then its prized on its own <.<
However was a really great tournament and I hope that this gonna happen again^^
-Filipp.

Sen Roy :

Did you read this :

... TOP 16 decks were everytime took off the completed tables on judge station so where can I stack my deck 0_o ? Before you, 2 judges, that one of them was Portugal and reporter was from France and before screen that saw hole room 0_o ? You cant think this real ...

Last edited:
Back