Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Boundaries Crossed Scans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, Staples will be Skyla, Bianca, and well wait for the others to show up

Im gonna go to the prerelease of the next set, which shiny charizard is in, and all other staples aswell.

So basically if you don't pull an ultra rare or blastoise your money is wasted. I really hope TPCi fires whoever is in charge of deciding what goes into our sets. This this is a total nightmare.

They should have just saved all of this filler for a CoL type filler set instead of taking out tons of great playable stuff for a bunch of fluff that everyone hates. And also why is FA Skyla being squeezed into this set. Why not just save it for next set so we can have 2 FA Supporters then as well.

i just wanna know what white and black kyurem do before i decide not to go to the pre-release. hope someone scans them soon. really disappointed about virbank gym tho.

Has the Tcpi messed with ANYTHING lately that turned out positive? It's like everytime they mess with things, it just hurts the game.

It's thing after thing and I'm getting fed up with it

They should have just saved all of this filler for a CoL type filler set instead of taking out tons of great playable stuff for a bunch of fluff that everyone hates. And also why is FA Skyla being squeezed into this set. Why not just save it for next set so we can have 2 FA Supporters then as well.

If they DIDN'T move FA Skyla into this set, you'd all be whining that this set is even worse than you're all already whining it is. You're going to have to deal with the "fluff" sooner or later. It may as well be now.

And did it ever occur to you that maybe they're shuffling around some of the trainers to AVOID having another CoL coming barreling down the pipeline later on? From a money making standpoint, X mediocre sets is better than X-1 ok sets and one set that nobody ever buys because there's nothing at all in it.

You thought CoL was bad as it is? What if they had given us the Lost Link cards all together in Triumphant, and not "mess[ed] up a set that didn't need any tampering" then? NOBODY would have bought ANY CoL WHATSOEVER. Moving around cards in order to make every set at least somewhat desirable, no matter how barely, is more important than having a set that everybody refuses to buy every few years.

If they DIDN'T move FA Skyla into this set, you'd all be whining that this set is even worse than you're all already whining it is. You're going to have to deal with the "fluff" sooner or later. It may as well be now.

And did it ever occur to you that maybe they're shuffling around some of the trainers to AVOID having another CoL coming barreling down the pipeline later on? From a money making standpoint, X mediocre sets is better than X-1 ok sets and one set that nobody ever buys because there's nothing at all in it.

You thought CoL was bad as it is? What if they had given us the Lost Link cards all together in Triumphant, and not "mess[ed] up a set that didn't need any tampering" then? NOBODY would have bought ANY CoL WHATSOEVER. Moving around cards in order to make every set at least somewhat desirable, no matter how barely, is more important than having a set that everybody refuses to buy every few years.

Did they really need to put in 6 reprints though? I mean, seriously, give me an explanation for reprinting Rocky Helmet. It can't be to keep it in the format longer, we're already getting a Shiny reprint in the next set (unless they decide to push that back for no reason). EDIT: I just saw that Shiny Rocky Helmet is in this set. I really have no idea what the regular reprint is doing in this set.

This set isn't desirable except for about 8 cards. Everyone is better off buying singles instead of pack. If store owners thought Emerging Powers was hard to sell just wait until people don't want another copy of whatever random rare they always get since it's a 150 card set.

I'm interested to see which Pokemon have been cut. I made a speculative set list that included some of the national beginning set when it became clear that cards were cut and added when Charizard and Blastoise were revealed and card numbers didn't work. I think I may go edit it with th new information and see what I can get. Super disappointed about the trainers, but saving them for BW8 is going to make that set insanely desirable. Singles only for me this fall though.

I think taking out all the new staple trainers really takes away from the need to buy packs. It's easier to just buy singles for a set like this where there are only a few good cards.

On a positive note, the next set is going to be one of the most broken sets ever - as long as they don't undermine it with Energy Search reprint and Full Art Cilan.

"On a positive note, the next set is going to be one of the most broken sets ever"
"positive note, the next set is going to be one of the most broken"
"positive - broken"

No.

Who thought it would be a good idea to say " hey, let's take a decent set, cut out almost every good trainer, and then add a bunch of really bad fillers that don't even have evolutions?"
This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back