Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BR Donk Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

Since OP is waiting to hear about how MD-On Format and B&W Rules interact. I thought it might be helpful to start a thread on this topic. (Personally, I like this MD&On Format for BR ONLY, then a rotatation for Nat's and Worlds seems so cool.)

Please share any experience you have had during Battle Roads regarding Donks.
(As the Donker or the Donkey)

Briefly state what happened, and how did it make you feel.
If you weren't involved in a Donk, feel free to report this also.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was running a Gliscor X / Hippo X deck, not intended for donking at all. I was against this guy who used some kind of nidoking deck (I'm guessing). In my starting hand I got a gligar, 2 fighting energies, and a luxury ball. I started w/ gligar, attached an energy, flipped a heads for light poison. Next turn I used luxury ball, got gliscor, evolved, attached an energy, used pester, and won. I felt sorry for the person. He didn't even have a chance to do anything at all, except do 10 damage. It was definitely an un-fun experience for him. This was at states, BTW

^The given example is actually not a donk(and isn't even for the designated format or eventset), and it needs to be understood by the community that this thread is meant to highlight the actual donking brought on by the mixture of MD-AR cards and the BW rules since P!P actually showed concern about this point for the upcoming nationals/worlds formats.

To be clear, a donk is when a player wins the game on their first turn, it has NO bearing whatsoever to the number of Pokemon on the field, the number of cards played by oneside or any other factor. If you KO their solo active Pokemon on T2, you have won by the condition of Benching, whiel their deck has failed to preform to prevent this with their given turn. Quickwins =/= donks.

Or in other words, TS wants us to complain about Sabledonk pretty much, if it's been happening to you at BRs.

Personally I can't make it out to one for another week or 2, but we'll see then.

Was playing gdos. Opponent leads phanpy, plays a single drawer, drops phan/fighting/bts. I never got a turn :(

One time I was playing this PokeDad. I wasn't worried because he didn't look very good. He opened with a Uxie, so I was kind of happy. I had a decent start, with two benched Pokémon and a 70 HP active.

He drew his entire deck on the first turn and knocked out all three of my Pokémon.

I played SableDonk for our BR's and it did terrible IMO. My first game I donked, but the second my opponent started with Reshiram active and Zekrom bench, so I lost, the third was against Jayson Harry, and He started Luxray, I had a Crobat. The game was lost at the coin flip. He put a DCE on it, Flashbit be and Poketurned, and it was game loss. 4th game I got a Bye, so I went 2-2. At least I helped in getting rid of the thing...

I donked 2 out if my four games and my friend dobked all of his 4 games I did it with trainerdos and he did it with sabledonk I ran 4 sableye he was in masters I was in seniors.

I took my Gyarados list from Regionals and added an Unown DARK and a Special Dark Energy. I donked both games in top 2 to win (Masters). We literally spent more time shuffling than playing.

Made a straight sabledonk deck an hour before the tourney and used a subpar list.

I went undefeated until top 2 cut. Beat a zoroark/sableye, reshiboar, sableye/houndoom, and zoroark. I T1'd them all. I went 2nd against the two sableye players and still won due to them unable to donk me first.

Me and the sableye/houndoom player (my friend who posts here, tonmon) were in top 2 cut. I dead draw first game (due to misplay) and he T1s me going first the next game. Funny thing is his deck isn't built for the turbodonk, he only runs 6 trainers in his list! All of tonmon's wins were due to t1 donks as well :O

great format pokemon!

I beat a sabledonk and a fossil donk with a sub par rogue, and got donked all 3 of my other games. One by sabledonk and two by non salbedonk but running MD-AR cards which facilitated getting donked. Even against speed zekrom in my testing MAYBE 1 in 10 games is a donk for a deck that totes it's vast speed.

Just got back from a BR. Reporting on my match against Sabledonk (I used Vilegar): Of the 3-4 people using Sabledonk, none of them top cut.

Conclusion: Sabledonk isn't that good of a deck, but it still promotes a very unhealthy format, since nearly everyone is forced to run Spiritomb or Sableye (or both). The only exceptions tend to be beefy Reshirams or Zekroms.

Didn't go to a BR and don't plan to because the format is the worst all time. I might be able to stand the pre-BW rules but this new junk is not worth my time. It isn't even fun. Not making U.S. Nationals and Worlds HGSS-On would be the biggest mistake Pokemon has ever made. The attendances would be at an all time low. Don't do it to us!

I was at the same event as cpeterik today (Des Plaines, IL). I witnessed his Master's Top cut match, it was over in under six minutes!

As for me, my first game I was donked. I opened with Gastly SF and a benched Mime Jr., he opened with Crobat G. He won the coin flip, did what he needed to do, and donked me T1. Had I won the coin flip, I'm pretty sure my Pitch Dark would have locked him out enough for me to set up and let me win instead. So in this match, the coin flip dictated who won.

My last game of the day, I opened with Mr. Mime. He opened with Tepig, winning the coin flip. The picture you see below is what happened after he worked his deck very hard, getting the trainers and energy and BTS he needed to donk my 70 HP pokemon using a Stage 2 attack requiring 4 energies!

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=52010

Mr. Mime looks really scared, doesn't he? :smile:
This should not be able to happen T1 going first.

Let's see, at my BR today, in four rounds:

Round 1: It came down to a coin flip. He won it, we both start Sableye, he gets a Cinccino, full bench, and Vileplume out Turn 1 before I do anything. He sweeps me. (Not a donk, but I'm just showing why our format sucks)

Round 2: I start Sableye, he starts lone Reshiram. I go first, get a flash bit + E-belted Cinccino and donk. Yes, I donked a 130 HP basic before he got a turn. SO MUCH FUN.

Round 3: I start Sableye he doesn't, I go crazy, sweep him with Cinccino.

Round 4: My only "real" game. One against Gyarados. I lost.

Yeah, this sucks.

Out of the 4 Rounds:

I donked 3 players wil Sableye T1
Other game I started sableye collectored for 3 and couldnt uxie for 7 cause it was full of useless trainers (SSU with no bench?)

At one point a Junior started crying cause he lost T1 and didn't draw a card. If P!P DOESN"T ROTATE then A LOT of people will quit and won't go to nats. Ive seen a lot of anti-sableye decks but unless they started 3 reshirams/zekroms sableye still wins. Also quite a bit of vielgar but regice takes care of that unless they start 2 and you have a seeker

Out of the 17 people at our BR's 10 played sableye....

I played Donphan/Zoroark. Not intended to be Speedphan, as I run Spiritombs.

Round 1: Close match against a straight ReshiBoar. Came down to a 1 prize difference. :)
Round 2: Got MURDERED by Gyarados. Flipped one heads on a Foul Play'd Dragon Beat to take out their Rescue Energy, but that's about all I managed.
Round 3: Against Cinccino/Zoroark. Managed a T1 Donphan, and he really couldn't do anything. He was completely unprepared for fighting decks and I'm sad to say I kinda squished him.
Round 4: ReshiBoarZone. :/ We traded prizes like mad until he realized he'd run out of energy. He burned through most of his deck in the first three turns.

Top cuts: See Round 2. Fought the same Gyarados deck, with pretty much the same results.

Absolutely no donks in my run. Also, no SableDonk decks... at all. O.O Out of 30ish players, not a single one ran SableDonk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back