Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

C.A.C. Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Toj's contest seems to be dead and two contests at the same time is not so bad, I decided to make my own. How do I think I can keep a contest from dying?
I came up with this ruleset:

1. There are as many slots as needed. Seeing how this is an "eliminate one person a round" kind of contest, I don't see a specific number as necessary. The entry cap is still 16, though.

2. Each assignment will be 1 week long, maybe longer if multiple cards are required.

3. I won't be making all of the assignments. I'll make a suggestion box thread where anyone can post ideas for assignments. I'll choose from the ideas that are posted.

4. I won't be judging. After the deadline for each assignment, I'll post each card in this thread to be voted on by anyone in the contest or otherwise. Everyone gets 2 votes, one for the best one in their opinion (besides their own) one for the worst in their opinion. A negative vote gives the card -1 point, a positive gives the card +2 points. The person with the lowest score after a round gets removed from the contest. If it is a tie, then people will vote again from the tied entries. People will vote by pm, not by posting, along with an explanation why.

5. To avoid people stalling and never posting their entry, if you do not pm your entry to me by the deadline, you will be disqualified. Because life is life, each person gets one excuse for this. One.

Contestant List
1. [DEL]Pokemon99[/DEL]
2. pokemonrocks777
3. Otaku
4. Sac4Caius
5. [DEL]The King [/DEL]
6. Cardz5000
7. Scipio
8.[DEL]Parco Folgore[/DEL]
9. [DEL]Lumneion[/DEL]

Last edited:
If you are going to do it this way, I'm going to require the voting to be done by PM. People posting whose card they think is the worst publicly is a fantastic way for this to spiral into a disaster extremely quickly.

If you are going to do it this way, I'm going to require the voting to be done by PM. People posting whose card they think is the worst publicly is a fantastic way for this to spiral into a disaster extremely quickly.

That is a Very good point. It also doesn't lead people to think that their vote is useless

~P99

Last edited:
Just wait a few more days. If not, you could enter seeing as you aren't judging the cards. If noone joins in a few days, I'll PM someone who I think might be interested in playing.
~P99

Although I don't want to start off on a bossy foot, I'll point out you can relax: you haven't even given people a week to sign up. ;) I know someone who really wanted to participate in a recent, previous CaC and he just wasn't online when I could tell him (like now) and even though he popped on the next day... too late!

Round 1

For this round, each of you will need to make 3 cards:
1. A starter pokemon's final evolution from any region
2. A pokemon from that region that combos in someway with that pokemon
3. A t/s/s card based on an item, person, or place from that region.

For example,
Blaziken :fire: 130 hp
Stage 2 Evolves from Combusken
Picture: A Blaziken, cloaked in fire, is leaping towards the left in a knee kick. A golden sun can be seen behind it.

:ppowr: Burning Arena
Once during your turn, before your attack, you may use this power. The Defending Pokemon is now burned. Flip a coin. If tails, your Active Pokemon is now Burned.

:fire::colorless: Overheat 30
If Blaziken is Burned, this attack does 30+40 damage. Then, remove all Special Conditions from Blaziken.

:fire::colorless::colorless: Rising Sun 70
Until the end of your next turn, any damage done by attacks to Blaziken or the Defending Pokemon is increased by 30.
Weakness: :water:x2
Resistance:
Retreat: :colorless::colorless:

Altaria :colorless: 90 hp
Stage 1 Evolves from Swablu
Picture: An Altaria can be seen flying over a snowy mountain range,surrounded by music notes. A flock of Swablu can be seen flying in the background.

:pbody: Cleansing Voice
Whenever you attach an energy card to Altaria, remove all Special Conditions from Altaria.

:colorless: Sonata in D 20
Remove 2 damage counters from one of your Benched Pokemon.

:colorless::colorless: Requiem in B 20+
This attack does 20 plus 40 more damage for each Special Condition on the defending Pokemon If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, look at your opponent's hand and discard one card you find there.
Weakness: :colorless:x2
Resistance :fighting:-20
Retreat: :colorless:

Stadium Mt. Pyre

Picture: A gray room can be seen with tombstones lined up in rows. There are multiple holes scattered throughout the floor.

Neither Player can remove any Special Conditions by evolving or Leveling Up their Active Pokemon.

PM me your entries and please add flavor text and a picture to your entry. This round ends Sunday 13, Midnight EST or until I receive every entry.
Credit for this idea goes to Sac4Caius for the idea of a card set that works with a certain theme and to Parco Folgore for the idea of using starters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back