Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Colorado City Championships (last updated 1/9/06)

*update* Just one left everyone. So make it a good one for all of you okay.

Dale'z Kardz n Komicz
4341 N. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 528-5959
E-mail: [email protected]
December 3rd, 2005 9:00 am

Game Castle
210 E 4th St.
Loveland, CO
(970) 203-1232
December 11th, 2005 12:30pm

Hobbytown USA Lakewood
Lakewood, CO
January 3, 2006

Valhalla's Game Center
6161 W 44th Ave.
Wheat Ridge, CO
(303) 463-5451
January 7, 2006 10:30 am

Collector Mania
17892 Cottonwood Dr.
Parker, CO
(303) 766-3530
January 14, 2006 9:00 am

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited:
Just an update that Colorado Springs CC is this Saturday! I will be trying to arrive early and do some last minute trading with any players out there who need to get any good cards I might have into their decks or collections for that matter. It will be fun.

Also Colorado Players a few quick reminders:
1. It is recommended to fill out your deck list in advance. Go to http://op.pokemon-tcg.com and click on the premiere events link to find the link to the download pdf decklist you can printout and fill out in advance!
2. Bring your damage counters, poision marker, burn marker, and a coin (or other suitable randomizer). Remember that if you use dice, your randomizer die must be a different color from your damage counter dice, and perferablly your condition markers if you use dice for them.
3. Your deck cannot contain cards not legal for the Modified format this includes cards that are from before EX: Hidden Legends and released before that set (unless the card has been reprinted in a legal set), cards that are from either the 2004 World Championship decks or the 2005 World Championship decks, or Japanese cards that have not yet been released in English.
4. Your deck should be sleeved for your own protection. Make sure all sleeves in your deck are the same and clean.

That is about it. I look forward to seeing everyone there. Remember if you want to trade before 9:00 look for me either drinking a Chantico, trading cards already, or playing with my diablo. See ya at Cities!

Gonna try and make it down there this weekend.

Hopefully we can get one up here in Arapahoe County, when I can work some venue issues out.

Weedler said:
Gonna try and make it down there this weekend.

Hopefully we can get one up here in Arapahoe County, when I can work some venue issues out.
would be nice to see ya so-s I can finds out who ya are

Only 2 Days Heck yes. This is awsome 11-14 open and clear I see the Medal now LoL. No really I see the medal look at the City prizes thread.

yeah so close to victory or am i this being my first city in 15 and up i will aspect it will be harder but honestly in the end Mike Peruca is the only thing im worried about.

Well I won the 15+ division I feel A little bad about it Ill get into that in a moment but now the deck list
Pokemon
4 Plusle
3 Lotad
2 Lombre
3 Ludicolo
2 Slugma
2 Magcargo
2 Koffing
2 Weezing
1 Aipom

Trainers
4 Ceilo's
4 Desert Ruins
3 Rare Candy
2 Copycat
2 Steven's Advice
2 Swoop! Teleportor
1 Rocket's Admin
1 Strength Charm ( This was the most Awesome Tech for the whole day)
1 ATM Rock
1 Crystal Shard (Never got the chance to use it)
1 Mr Briney's Compassion (3rd Awesome Tech of the Day)
1 Pokemon Retriever
1 Warp Point (2nd Most Awesome Tech for the Day)

4 Multi Energy (Sickness for Plusle to Attack and Weezing to do Smogscreen)
3 DRE
2 Scramble
5 Water
1 Electric

So I woke up at 6:30 knowing I had to have my son ready and meet up with my girlfriend who was dropping off her turtle in the springs. I woke up to a big suprise SNOW!!!I have had my deck ready for weeks and my little spies Alex and Luke kept me upto date on the metagame at the leagues. I get there right at nine despite the snow but the highway crews had there rears in gear. I get some trading done and meet my friends who should have shot me a PM and I would have wore a tie also :biggrin: We get started pretty much on time so lets get into it.

Rd1 Vs Ron
Ron played An Intreting version of a 4 corners deck consisting of Medicham EX, Usraring, Magcargo (I guess it was gonna be UF to handle Scizor) and Grumpig. He informs me he didnt get to shuffle his deck much because no one was sure if deck checks were going to happen or not. The weather caused the big problem so as we start his hand is terrible I get a pretty good start get set up and win in about 10min.
1-0

Rd2 Vs Josh Ross
Usually I dont win first rounds so I was suprised. Josh is playing Alex's ZRE he gets a great start and I make the mistake of liability his Trode because he blew it up anyway Then its a Rayquaza beat down form there I KO something but I just wasnt thinking he takes me to the house easily
1-1

Rd3 VS Carl ( I think that wa his name)
He was Playing some type of crobat/weezing deck he get the worst hand ever But I dont a very good start either he goes first and confuses my Plulse. I filp heads to do Call For Family It takes some time to get moving he gets a weezing going but if he liabilitys its over. I get going and finally ko to win he just never got another basic in play Sorry man
2-1
Lunch Break Micky D's McNuggets Rule!!

Rd 4 Vs Kevin ( This is where the part about feeling bad comes in)
Kev is playing T2 Zappy with Manectic ex. I go first and do CFF get pokes going he recharges his voltorb or electike. I play a koffing and attach to it since im holding weezing and Ruins in my hand. he disconnects my plusle and here is where every thing goes awry. I confirm with him so I cant play trainers except for supporters. On my turn I get my ludi on the bench going and then I retreat pluse for weezing and also have done my smooth over and swing dance. I put down Ruins not remembering that I cant and he doesnt say anything so I guess he forgot too maybe it was still too early for thinking so I lilbilty and ruins for the ko he only has a voltorb left and a zappy in his hand so he recharges but ludi comes up on my turn and takes him out. about 10 Min or so later he comes over to me after realizing what we both did and we go to report it to hopefully get a restart for our match but it was not allowed Sorry Kev .
3-1

Rd 5 (Final Swiss)Vs Roberto with SMP
Great match he get 1st turn Pidgeot and he beat a ludi with ninetals the round before (both Tails Prized) I get a good start and then he really helps me by Admining on his 2nd turn. weezing ruins and all my tech especilly ATM rock and warp point are what he cant handle. On the turn that won it for me I just had to have the damage right with a full powerd ludi and a brineys to get the koffing out of active so I could use the energy it had and I smooth over/swing dance a pluse for the bencn and get the win
4-1

I get top seed in the Top 8 cut so heres the play offs
Rd1 Vs Anders AKA Weedler
Hes running the Jynx and Esepon EXI get set up I let him pure power my magcargo to death but am ready to go he misses some reversal flips and my warp and briney take care of the ones he does hit I take 2 games and am ready to move on to the next round.

RD2 Vs Ian (ChicoBlanco) using ludi with ninetales for tech
This was so much fun we both get great starts and the scrambles get used as Ko's get traded back and forth we both plusles firing off the Sparks and the damage counting every turn as we each try to get the advantge is mind numbing. I think my tech is and the decisons of when to heal and when to hold pokemon and the fact that Aipom came out to add to the damage or went away with Snappy Move to decrease the damage and also allowed me the same as 2 smooth over/swing dances with only one ludi. I nail him with warp point cause there was no way to do 100 to his active ludi he has no choice but to put up a Poke that I can KO and I win the first game. It took 35 min. Game 2 we get horrible starts he has lone slugma and I have no basic or multi energy and no draw to get going. he finnaly gets started and Im down 4 prizes to 1 when time is called so the 2nd game didnt count. Im going to the finals

Final Round vs Roberto SMP Again
Weezing Ruins take care of deoxys ex and Atm Rock are too much for him first game. Second Game I get a ludi first turn and start beating down things and weezing againg takes care of scizor. I also dont think he should have Super Condutivity as much as he did but I guess I might have done the same thing.

Props
First and for most My Son Dante and My great Girlfriend Anny for being there to support me
My friends who hooked me up and the people who traded me for the Plusles I didnt have at the time. I needed 3.
Dwayne For running a solid event as usual it always great to play at Dale'z
Mickey D's for having Hot fresh Nuggets for consumption
Aipom for being a sneaky little monkey getting me cards at crucial times
SLops
Jared for not coming
Mine and Kev's Brain Farts
Mike P for allowing himself to get served by ninetales and not making the playoffs
Icy roads on the way home

Last edited:
Good job, on getting first Adrian. I knew your son was running interference, trying to keep me off my A game.

I only get one lousy sentence?!

jk

-Weedler

Last edited:
Great job adrian! It was fun playing Ludi vrs Ludi.
Had we had enough time to play game 3, I was gonna concede anyway, cuz I wanted to see you WOOP that one Scizor Dude.

Anyway, GJ man, u deserved it all the way!
I respect you as one of the better Pokemon TCG thinkers. You're never afraid to use cool-rogue strategies when everyone else just uses Mainstream Archetypes. (Hey it's always the Rogues that win Worlds right?)

Anyhoo, hope to see u next tourny. & bring a tie for cryin out loud! ;p
PeeceOut -Ian

Last edited:
Hey this is Breton on Ian's Chico-Screename. (I'm too lazy to make one myself)

I got 1st place at Colorado cities, 11-14 with the very original deck, Nidoqueen. (I had no choice. It wasn't an exact replica tho)

Here's my report:

Round 1: vrs Web (Eeveelution with wierd basics like tauros & kangaskahn)

I go 2nd and get a 1st turn Queen & Pidgeot! (That was lucky)
I toxic him early game and get a couple early KO's.
He gets a Jolteon & Flareon out pretty quick. In the end he KO's a couple Queens but I get all 6 prizes & win.

(1-0)

Round 2: vrs Kevin (T2 Dark Sloking)

I go 2nd (Again), and get a 1st turn Pidgeot + Queen (AGAIN)
He didn't seem to get much of anything,(bad draws) so I easily win from there.

We play again for fun and he almost beats me getting a 2nd turn Sloking.
I walk off and get ready to play my next match.

(2-0)

Round 3: vrs Sandra (with Salamance Ex/Water Cylone Swampert)

She goes 1st and uses Luvdisc to grab a Bagon. I end up getting a Nidoqueen and Toxicing Luvdisc.
She lays down 2 Luvdisc on the bench and evolves Bagon to Shelgon.
Luvdisc dies. She brings up Shelgon but can't seem to get a Salamance EX.
I KO Shelgon and in the end, all she has left is a Luvdisc and a Suicune EX active. I KO that with Power Lariat+Desert Ruins.

(3-0)

So lunchbreak comes around and after eating Sushi that's truly made by a master, I go and get ready for Round 4.

Round 4: vrs CJ (Feraligatr UF/Poliwrath UF/Articuno EX)

I go 1st and start off with 1 Nidoran active and 1 Benched. I have no energy. I pass.
He attaches to his benched Totodile and passes. I have to keep passing for a few turns. By the time I finally get a Nidorina, and use her attack, He evolves to Feraligatr, brings it up and KO's me.
So, from there it looks like I'm done for. I sacrifice a couple Nidorans and Feebass, and finally his Feraligatr is down to 30 hp. He has a Poliwrath sitting on the bench getting powered. I KO 'Gatr with Pidgeotto, and he brings up his 2-energy Poliwrath and hits me for 10 damage due to Resistance. I topdeck a Celio, Grab a Pidgeot, Quicksearch for Candy, Rare Candy to Nidoqueen, and Toxic Poliwrath. Poliwrath hits me for 90. I retreat and bring up Pidgeot and do 40 damage. He hits Pidgeot for 60. It looks like both my main hitters are about to die (and Feebass is already dead) So I play my 4th and final Copycat, I evolve my Benched Nidorina (with 1 energy already on it) to a Queen, attach Double Rainbow and KO Poliwrath.
He gets another Gatr benched and starts to power it. By this time, he has only 1 prize left to my 3.
I know that all he needs is 1 prize, so I need to make sure that none of my Poke's die. I Quicksearch for Retriever, and grab Feebas from Discard. I KO his active Poke. He brings up Gatr and hits Queen for 80. Now is when I Feebas/Candy/Milotic to heal hundreds of Damage (literally)
I admin him down to 1 and Desert Ruins kills his benched Articuno EX for my Last 2 prizes.

(4-0)

*Whew,.... that was the hardest match I had all day. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and look up to see Alex(my smart-alec friend/rival) saying "Dang it I thought you were gonna lose."

Whadooyoo know..... next Round I end up playing Alex himself...

Round 5: vrs Alex H. (Eeveelution/Birds)

I just wooped him.

5-0

So I make it into the Top 8 undefeated.
And the first person I play is......

Round 6 <Round 1 in Top 8> : Sandra (with Salamance Ex/Water Cylone Swampert)

Game 1:
She goes 1st and grabs basics with Luvdisc.
I use Nidoran's call for family.
We both start getting set up.
She brings up Salamance EX and uses Flame Jet on my Nidoqueen.
I use Toxic. She uses Flame Jet again. I Power Lariat for 30.
She KO's Queen. I bring up another Queen and KO Salamance.
She lays down Suicune EX. I play Desert Ruins. She brings up her Magcargo and uses Knock Over to get rid of Desert. I get another Desert and KO Cargo. She brings up a Slugma, evolves to Cargo, and uses Knock Over again. Magcargo eventually dies, and she hits Nidoqueen with her Suicune EX. I play my last Desert Ruins and KO Suicune with Power Lariat+Ruins.

Game 2:
She dosen't get much of a Setup, and I win.

6-0

Round 7 <round 2 in top 8> vrs Chris A (Dark Steelix/Milotic)

He gets a 2nd turn Steeix with 2 Darkness and A Metel. I get a Nido and Toxic. He lifeherbs and gets rid of all damage plus Toxic and attaches another Metal and does 40. I Toxic and his 2nd Lifeherb fails so he kills my Nido and I get another one and take-out his Steelix and he does not get anything after that.

So next game he gets a 2nd turn Steelix with 2 darkness and a Metel. Same thing happends pretty much.

7-0

Final round vs Alex H.
(EeeveeLution/Birds)

I wooped him

Game 2
I wooped him again

alex was kinda like this: :eek: "THAT ONE KID BEAT ME??!?!!!" And he overturned a couple tables.
Just kidding Alex. You were actually a really good sport.

So NEway I win cities undefeated with Queen, and get my BLING BLING Poke Medal and all that Poke Junk.

So after the tourney all of us with a tie go and eat Sushi together :clap:
(except for our financial supporter Josh)
lol Just kidding Josh :thumb:

PROPS:

To Alex for being a Free Win Alex Challenge!
To Sandra for pointing out her Resistance to my Nido.
To Josh and Alex for switching decks so that I could win!
To CJ for giving me the best match of my life!!!!
To Dwayne for hosting the tournament and saying "Don't lean on chairs"
To Alex for eating his first piece of Sushi.
To Kevin for eating his first piece of Sushi.
To Josh for wearing a cool tie.
To Chris for getting tails on Life Herb. Thanks Chris! :rolleyes:

SLOPS:

To all the Mooches at league cuz I came to Pokemon league with a full pack of Gum and came back with None.
To Josh for not giving us his pocket lint to pay for Sushi. (lol, Just Kidding Josh, I'm only messing around...!)

No more slops.

GG everyone!. Cya next Tournament!
-Bret "That one kid"

Last edited:
Good job Bret and Adrian good job. Oh and Bret just to let you know I ran Eeveelution/Birds so you would win. LOL I am just nice like that mister Original deck.
Anyway here is my 2nd Place report:

Played some random decks beat them all not any real challenges
but Bret's Queendom kick my butt in the finals (Crappy hands that all I am saying)

That about sums it up.

PROPS
Bret for finally beating me!!!!!!! (Key Word: Finally)
Kevin for getting 3rd at only his 2nd tournement
HOT TIE SOICETY OWNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time you guys play someone wearing a tie you will pay some respect SCANDALUS

SLOPS
Snowing on a Saturday pretty much sucks

No more SLOPS

See Everyone next CC till then Peace-
Alex

I won Loveland City Championship Here is my report of me runnning Queendom

Round-1 - Steelix Ex Dark Steelix+Stuff
I won (Even though I started with just a pidgey) he took no prizes Steelix was owned by Power Lariet and Desert Ruins
1-0
Round-2 Zappy Pablo Kingsley
Started with 2 Pidgey (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I Finally get out Nidoran and Nidorina only 1 Enrgy. He got a secound turn zappy I play desert Ruins and he can't pull his counter satdiums I stall with Briney's till Queen comes up and Bats clean up.
2-0
Round 3- Some intresting Machamp Deck.
I Start once agian with Pidgey but this time it proves useful against a secound turn Marowak Delta Lol
he also got a Machoke out. To bad that didn't help against 2 Pidgots 3 Nidoqueens and a Rare Candy Milotic in my hand.
3-0
Round 4- Ursurang -Ty-Tar Ex(Unseen Forces) Deck
I start once agian with 2 Pideys. But this time I had at least 2 Celios and a Great Ball wich let me get set up around turn 4 or 5. The macth was fairly easy from there on with Ursurang weak to Fighting and Tytar Ex was weak to both Desert Ruins and Fighting.

Round 5 Vs Josh Ross in 15+ Desert Ruins+Victorybell and Weezing(Liabilty Acid)
I had to play Joss even though he was in a higher age group becuase we were the only 2 undefeated. Anyway I go first agian with Pidgey (yes agian) Anyway i beat him to the punch and played Desert Ruins to stop him from playing his and it ended up cluttering his hand. We keep going back and forth Pidgot vs Vitorybell locking each other in the active position and then me playingMiltic to keep my Pidgot up and alive. In the end he beat me by taking his last prize leaving me with only one remaining.

Finals Cut to Top 2
Played the Ursurang Ty-Tar Deck Again
Slaugter
I win
Oh and I finally started with Nidoran YEAH!

Props:
Me winning Lol
Me starting with Pidgey every Game Swiss
Me never getting a first turn Pidgot or Nidoqueen
Oh and then Ryan for Driving us
and Queendom for being such a Kick *** Deck
Slops:
Josh for losing due to pure luck
nothing being open to eat at LUNCH!!!!!!!!!
Getting another Jolteon Ex from my packs.

SWEET see you guys next CC PEACE
Alex

My First CC Win

By Kristy Alexandra Peacecraft

On December 11th, 2005, I woke up around 9:00 a.m. although I really wanted to be up at 7:00 am. A power outage stopped my alarm clock so I thought I was screwed. Nevertheless I jumped on the internet and check the time. Seeing that the tournament didn't start until 12:30 I took a deep breath and took my time getting ready for my departure from Cheyenne.

After showering, and getting my clothes ready, I slip out of the house and depart for Starbucks. I used to work there, and the crew knows me well and has been supportive of the "journey". They wished me luck in today's event and with a venti, nonfat, still-with-the-whipped-cream, white mocha in my left hand, and a maple oat scone in my right I departed for the Colorado Border. I am the only trainer in the state of Wyoming, but that does not put down my spirit of the game. I have been a dedicated Pokémon Trainer for nearly seven years. But never has my passion for the game grown so brightly before, now that other things in my life are finally starting to come together.

After picking my best friend up from Fort Collins, I departed for Loveland, a small town with the Rocky Mountains to its west and the Great Plains to its east. Today was its first ever City Championships for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. I have competed in many City Championships before but never have had the chance to win one. I wasn’t about to give up this year. I came so close in Colorado Springs last week, and it only inspired me to keep trying.

Both last City Championship and the one before me I decided to run a Dark Tyranitar deck. It is similar to the deck from finalist Takashi Yoneda of the 2005 Pokémon TCG World Championships. However the last tournament I was stopped at seventh place, and I think I knew why, the deck I used was only tweaked enough to make it Modified legal. This time I tweaked the deck so that it didn’t depend on some the old strategies that depended on the only no longer legal card, Dunsparce. Instead I revamped the early game start up to depend on the EX: Deoxys Jirachi instead of the Dunsparce and the EX: Hidden Legends Jirachi. I also took advantage of Lanette’s Net Search by taking out two fighting type Larvitars and exchanging them with two fire type Larvitars from the new EX: Delta Species set. These along with other important changes I have created my own unique Dark Tyranitar deck.

I am 22 so naturally I competed in the 15 and over age division. The first round was against one of the judges from the Colorado Springs area. He ran a deck I never seen before, which usually scares me. I have a significant disadvantage with some newer cards this year. Mainly because I did not attend any EX: Unseen Forces prereleases and haven’t purchased many boosters. I knew I was in a run for my money. He ran an Eevee deck with also wielding the power of Lugia ex and Ho-oh ex I had forgotten how powerful rainbow decks became thanks to the power of the Lady Outing trainer card. He was unfortunate to only have the Lugia ex out in play first. While I was forced to lose my first Dark Tyranitar. I quickly regained the lead with a second powered up Dark Tyranitar and kept the lead to the end of the game.

My second battle didn’t fair so well. I faced off against the league leader from Colorado Springs, he is also a mentor for me in developing my strategies in the game. I rarely win against them. In his first City Championship for the season, he wielded a popular Nidoqueen/Milotic deck similar to the current 15 and over World Champion’s deck. I would have possibly gained a lead except for very unfortunate luck. Both of my Ancient Technical Machine [Rock] were in my prizes and I was not able to find them. I found this a rare event as the odds of two of the same card to be trapped in the prizes are less than 2 percent. In the end I lost the game.

My third battle had me set back and I faced against a Gardevoir Delta Species deck which didn’t fair too well against my psychic resisting team. So that was a fortunate win. My fourth was a grueling duel against a deck I did not fair well against in Colorado Springs, a Rayquaza ex/Zapdos ex deck. Although by some rare luck I just waited my moments to attack, and won that battle.

My final swiss round had paired me against my own kind of deck, however I held the better luck and took the early victory, giving me time to rest for the final matches. In the end I earned third place prior to the finals. Meaning a rematch against my mentor was to come up next. Then I would have to wait and see if I would have to face against the same person who knocked me out of the Colorado Springs final or the person I beat in Loveland’s first round.

The matches went best of three from there on. The first match facing that “Queendom” deck again was strangely in my favor, because I kept my mentor to one basic Pokémon at a time with him not having any chance for him to win. Knowing that time was limited, he forfeited the first battle. The second battle was more of a textbook battle for me. This time I had the ability to access my ATM Rock trainer cards, and slowed his field considerably. In the end, I won the first two matches. A victory in itself for me.

The last battle was the most feared. As I predicted, one of my top rivals also made it to the top, he was saying how this was going to be his first City Championship victory in the 15 and over age division. Well I knew that a guaranteed win was going to be impossible for either of us. I had a type disadvantage in some cases, but that wasn’t the idea for him. This deck was known as a liability deck which uses the Weezing from EX: FireRed and LeafGreen which then once knocking itself out and leaving my defending Pokémon with only 10 hit points, he would replace it with a Victreebel which simply puts a damage counter on my active Pokémon between turns, henceforth creating an instant double knockout blow for only one Colorless Energy. All it took from there was a Victreebell to wear down one or two Pokémon to take the prize lead.

The first battle first started in my favor. While I lost the coin toss, my opponent mulligan three times. Then, he wasn’t even able to retrieve any useful cards after getting his first Basic Pokémon card. So I played it to the book and took a quick victory. Unfortunately for me it was to be the last easy battle for the rest of the day.

The second battle he was able to go first again. This time he had a better hand while I struggled to keep up. It ended rather quickly it seemed in comparison the first battle. Problems I had was common mistakes like forgetting to use my Quick Search Poke-Power from the Pidgeot card, along with not being able to ready any critical one-hit knock out blows to my opponents 110 hit point Pokémon. So in the end I quickly lost the second one, which did give the advantage of the starting turn in the final battle.

The final battle was so dead close to the end. While I took critical leads with using R energy and Darkness Energy. My opponent quickly caught up with the same strategy as he used in the last game. It came down to 2 prizes on his side with only one on mine remaining. However I only had one usable Dark Tyranitar left, one wrong move and I would not have a usable offensive to claim one last knock out. So I used one ultimate weapon I have come to trust in this game, patience. It was patience that was the ultimate key to victory in my game. I had to allow one of my Pokémon to be knocked out in order for me to get the free switch to bring my Dark Tyranitar up, with it I would be able to fire off a needed 90 damage attacking Bite Off (thanks to my Darkness Energy attached and the R Energy concealed in my hand). It was strong enough to take out any one of my opponent’s Pokémon in play.

When the turn came that my Jirachi was finally knocked out due to the acid sampler Poke-body of my opponent’s Victreebel, I had a pleasure of experience of something I never felt before. That was victory. While I had won small tournaments here and there in the past, never before did I win a premiere event. With my revelation of my R energy my opponent gave a sigh of disgust and conceded to the checkmate I presented. Everyone around me was in applause. Colorado Springs 15 and over players had yet again lost another City Championship this year, leaving their record zero, which by all means is to say unusual. I had defeated the number one 2004-2005 internet ranked player in the world. However most important of all, I had claimed my first victory.

What came next was unexpected. I started crying. I don’t know why I started crying but I did. I rarely have cried for joy before but it is such a wonderful feeling. I felt sorry for my opponent as he to come close to winning again, however I was also happy that I finally have made new ground in my Pokémon training. I wish everyone in that tournament best of luck in the two remaining City Championships, and I promise to give an even tougher fight for the State Championships. Now with a beautiful pewter medallion around my neck and the glowing dawn of States in my future, I know that this tournament year is going to be my best tournament year ever!

Props:
Ron because hes too good of a PTO!
Eric for keeping patient as I battled to the long ends of the night.
For Starbucks in Cheyenne for giving me the energy to last all day and night (not to mention their undying support for my "journey")
For James for reasons similar to Ron's.
For blazekid for giving me a darn good match in the end.
Personal Props:
For my therapist for giving me confidence to believe in myself in everything I do.
For Jen, Maria, Kate, Martin, Avery, Julia, and the others in my support group (without you I wouldn't be who I am today)
Slops:
Runza for giving Eric bad gas and poisoning random 10 and under players.
Steve for starting to interfere with my final match a little too much.
Steve for question the results for my final match when my opponent, the judges, and myself agreed on my game win and match win.

My final match was not only luck but patience too. Another of the many skills of a Pokemon Master.

gj on gettin first.

How many people attended sunday?

Be prepared, we run a fierce ten and under game down here in the 'burbs.

Last edited:
MysteriousKristy said:
My First CC Win

Colorado Springs 15 and over players had yet again lost another City Championship this year, leaving their record zero, which by all means is to say unusual.
I just would point out though he lives in Pueblo, Adrian we consider a Colorado Springs player. Speaking that we play test and stratigize decks ideas together and what not, I think that counts as a Colorado Springs win. Either way he is a part of the Hot Tie Society which is a Colorado Springs Team that plans for tourneys together. And so far The Hot Ties have :
1 15+ Win
2 11-14 Wins
and Multiple 2nd places and Top 4 placings.
Just saying Respect the Tie

Back