Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EXP-HL Tiers and Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWooper

Now that all of this Rare Candy business is partially settled, I think it's safe to make this topic, as several others have done before me. Hidden Legends brought a whole new way of looking at things to the game. Suddenly, Blaziken wasn't the deck to play. Suddenly, rogue decks were thriving. Suddenly, the tier lists got lost.

A "Tier" is a grouping within a list. This list that the Tiers are going to be contained within is a list of the current competitive decks in the Eon format. Worlds is approaching fast, and now that the dust has settled from this Hidden Legends obsession, I think it's time we reevaluated this format as a group and found out what's really number one, according to the masses at least. ;P

Tier 1 is the tier at which the decks with the best chance of winning in a balanced environment are listed. Luck, cheating and player skill aside, the decks at the top of Tier one are going to be the ones you see at the top of the World Championship this coming August. You could guarantee a Tier list to be 100% accurate if not for the above three things. However, since these exist, this is only a rough outline of what's coming, what we should expect. Stepping back and taking a closer look, if you will.

Tier lists do not have to have a certain amount of Tiers, but the decks on the same Tiers should have a very similar, if not equal, situation in the format, or chance at winning considering the other decks present in the Eon age of pokemon. Just make sure when you list your Tiers that you don't have like 20 of them O.O Situations within metagames and winning percentages of some decks are very similar, and therefore some decks like share Tiers with others.

Some video games, like Super Smash Brothers Melee, for instance, have an official set of tiers that rank players according to potential win percentage in an environment without player skill, cheating, or luck. The list is always changing, just like it is in Pokemon. Here is the top of the (previous) SSBM Tier List (this list was changed a while ago and so this is the outdated version):

Tier 1:
Sheik
Marth

Tier 2:
Fox
Peach
Falco

As you can see, Sheik is the "best" character in the game. There are variables that can make this questionable in some players' minds, but if you were to pit two players of equal skill against each other, one using Sheik and one using any other character, and eliminated all variables such as luck and cheating, the Sheik player would win. That is what the Tier list is saying. Sheik and Marth are the best characters, but Sheik is ranked higher because in Sheik vs. Marth, Sheik wins. Whenever you have two decks in the same Tier, you base your judgement on a one-on-one scenario. Maybe Marth is better against more characters than Sheik, but Sheik deserves Tier 1, and Sheik beats Marth, so Sheik is the "best" character.

Do I believe in these tiers? Absolutely. Sheik is definitely either the first or second best character in the game. My top three are Sheik, Marth, and Fox, although I am not positive I would put them in that order. Tiers are actually fairly accurate, even when the ideal situations for them to exist are not present, and never will be. Luck and player skill are always fluctuating, and will never stop doing so.

Ignore all my rambling. Let's get to it. Worlds is approaching fast, just what...22 or so days before it starts? Let's start the lists. But before we do, let's get one thing straight:
Super Smash Brothers Melee involves far less luck than Pokemon. SSBM is a game where the player potentially controls every move their character makes by pressing buttons in certain patterns. Nobody is able to perfectly execute all their moves because we're just human, and don't have the intellegence level to calculate for every last detail of the field or of an opponent's move in the split seconds that it needs to be done. But the game is still fully controlable, and it would be possible to guarantee a win if our minds worked fast enough and there was perfect synchronization between our brain and fingers.
Pokemon has an uncontrolable aspect. The order of the cards in the deck. You can alter what cards will pop up in your opening seven-card hand somewhat, by putting extra copies of the card in your deck, but you can not absolutely control what cards will land where in the game, unless cheating occurs. But let's ignore cheating, this is (or will be, as soon as I'm done ranting) a Tier list. The order of the cards in your deck is uncontrolable, and therefore, the Tier list can not be "official", persay, because of the random aspects of the game.

First, a look at the biggest contenders for this year's World title:

Blaziken/Rayquaza/(Team Aqua's Manectric)
Blaziken/Exeggutor
Blaziken/Ninetales
Swampert/Suicune
Walrein/Milotic
Gardevoir
Sceptile/ex/Muk ex
Shiftry/Furret/Delcatty or Milotic
Metagross/Furret/Gorebyss or Milotic
Crobat/Gorebyss
Exploud/Wobbuffet

I'm sure I forgot some decks, and I apologize to those of you who play them. These are the ones that came to mind after about like 30 seconds. I'm kind of in a rush while writing this, so excuse any mistakes I make.
About these decks, I will not list all of them in the Tier list. These are just some options to ponder when making yours, or thinking about what you'll see at Worlds, or whatever else you might do with it. (Like anybody will post here anyway) Tier lists are not my idea, I don't know who came up with them, but they've been around a looong time. I'm not the "end-all, say-all" in this business, but I'm here to contribute, here's to hoping all of you will too.

Without further ranting...my Tier list for the 2004 World Championship!

Tier 1:
Shiftry/Furret/Delcatty or Milotic:
It covers its weaknesses too well to be ignored. Milotic for Blaziken, Shiftry for Gardevoir, and an onslaught of disruption like Shaman and Shiftry's first attack. With the new Rare Candy ruling, it gains a lot more power, enough to put it at the top of Tier 1. This deck is deadly, plain and simple. There isn't much to say except to watch out for it, it's fast, but not powerful enough to overcome a quick setup from a deck like Blaziken, since Milotic takes too long to power up too keep up with the constant energy cycling ability of Blaziken. But Blaziken got "hated" out of the format, so Shiftry reigns supreme.

Metagross/Furret/Gorebyss or Milotic:
Like Shiftry, this deck covers its weaknesses very well. Metagross for Gardevoir, and Milotic only adds to the healing that the metal energy provides for Metagross, as well as be a very important part of defeating Blaziken. Gorebyss has its strong points, like a free retreat cost, which is great synergy with Metagross's power, Metal Juncture, and the Nurse/Switch combo that is so powerful but hard to pull off. However, this deck can do it with ease, and with the new ruling, T2 Metagross is easy to achieve, and you won't be vulnerable to Rock TM either. Wally's Training first turn, evolve into Metagross the next. Its only real weakness is Blaziken. What else is there to stop it? Shiftry, perhaps, which is why this deck gets the number two spot.

Walrein/Milotic:
It's weak to metal, so Metagross stomps it. I've seen this deck do great things in great hands, but it isn't played by an abundance of people, the deck is has a huge problem with, Metagross, will never give the deck a snowball's chance. Milotic attacking is the way to go, but Milotic's downfall is that it removes damage counters from the opponent when it attacks. Since Metagross uses metal energy to reduce the damage in the first place, a fast Metagross gets a guaranteed 3 points when playing one of these decks. It won't get too far with an opponent like that. Aside from the fact that Metal destroys it, this deck is one of the best around.

Tier 2:
Swampert/Suicune:
You can't beat the classics, and this deck is classic. It handles mirrors nicely with Magneton, and the energy manipulation that Swampert, Suicune, Delcatty and Magneton all work together to create is astounding. However, this deck is very tight on space because of its three evolution lines. It's hard to play, and hard to win with. However, its advantage over Blaziken gives it the right to be up here. It conserves energy and allows for quick deck manipulation because of Magneton's resourcefulness, so it can keep up with the best of decks, faster than Walrein/Milotic, I imagine, so it gets a place in Tier numba two! Swampert ex's type advantage over Shiftry and Metagross ex, the biggest hitters in two of today's most popular decks, makes this deck worthy of the top of this Tier.

Blaziken/Rayquaza/(Team Aqua's Manectric):
It's still the most powerful deck in the format. It can destroy Metagross, go steady with Shiftry, and lick Gardevoir. Water will be in heavy supply at Nationals, but Team Aqua's Manectric will be able to put a dent in that. Walrein/Milotic is probably this deck's biggest rival, but Swampert/Suicune is a close second. Those aren't the decks that are most heavily played with water in them though. Gorebyss is everywhere, and it would seem that it is enough to overpower Blaziken. However, TAM destroys Gorebyss. If a major Gorebyss swarm attacks, get your Rayquaza set up. Decks like Crobyss don't play a lot of Crystal Shard, usually none, 1 tops, and Rayquaza rips through Gorebyss with two fire and a lightning and a TAM on the bench. A fast enough Blaziken can virtually beat anything it's up against, but setting up is the problem.

Gardevoir:
Gardevoir is not worthy of tier 1. Not by a long shot. Blaziken stomps it, as do Shiftry and Metagross. It's an extremely tight-space deck, and putting in counter gyms to stop its deadliest nemesis, the psychic resistance, can hurt your drawing engine badly, putting you at a huge disadvantage against many other decks when you have a counter gym or two in there, but they're not being used. This deck had problems once the dust from HL had settled and the SC results came in.

Tier 3:
Crobat/Gorebyss:
I hate to admit it, but this deck has been put on the map. Several of these made Top 16 at Nationals, and my good friend David won the ECSC in 11-14 with Crobyss. I am still unconvinced, however, that it is ready for the spotlight. It has trouble recovering from bad setups because of its lack of heavy damage, and is very dependant on DRE because of its lack of energy manipulation. It needs to get those things in play fast, and if it gets unlucky and can't find them on time, the deck is toast.

Exploud/Wobbuffet:
Exploud is recognized, alongside Metagross, as the deck(s) that trample Gardevoir without a problem. Its ability to put a damage counter on all pokemon in play for just 1 energy card is unparalled so far, and it synergized well with cards that require setback, such as Pokemon Nurse and Mr. Briney's Compassion, to heal its massive 120 HP and lay that energy right back down. This deck had problems after it was released to the public, people figured out that KO'ing the Explouds in one shot was the easiest way to deal with things, so people used Rayquaza ex, strange as it seemed, to KO the Exploud. This strategy actually worked, and it lost a lot of power. With Milotic being able to heal the damage Exploud does, Exploud has less potential now than ever, which is why its tier rating it so low, but there is hope, so it barely nabs tier 3.

All feedback is accepted, negative or positive. Thanks to everybody who's posted so far.
~Wooper

Last edited:
First off in SSBM, Fox is soo teir 1. Anyways Blaziken is seriously dead, it just got hated out of the format. First off blaziken's trying to fight off water with like a 2/2 line of manectric. Thats laughable. The only way blaziken can make a comeback is if everyone started to play metagross.

Also crobyss is not teir 5. Teir 5 is like the decks that arent even worth metioning. :-\ Crobyss deserves to be at least teir 2 in everyone's eyes. Its not a coincidence(can't spell :-\) that crobyss made top 16 at nats, nor is it a coincidence that its continues to win now.

But thats just my opinion. Here's what i think your list should look like.

Teir 1:
Shifty/furret/delcatty
This deck is very fast and does alot of damage very quickly. It does like a consistant 80 damage per turn. Plus since it runs no ex's it can abuse desert ruins.

Metagross/furret/gorebyss
This deck destorys gardavoir and puts up a good match against blaz with its 3/3 line of gorebyss and nurses can almost destory anything.

Crobyss
I might be showing a little favortism towards this deck, but it is seriously under rated. It beats Blaziken almost every game. And as for the bad hands it swarms like swarming is getting banned the next day. So the only way your going to lose is if you get out swarmed, start with a hand as bad as 6 energies and a clamperl.

Teir 2:
Gardy
This is where gardy belongs. Even though it won U.S. nats it still loses to alot of teir 1 decks, namely shifty and metagross.

Walreign/Milotic
I don't personally care for the deck. It could be argued that it is teir 1 but i just don't think it is.

Teir 3:
Blaziken
Blaz is still a good deck, but its not able to compete with today's metagame. Plus it practially dies to desert ruins.

Swampert/cune
a little on the slow side, but can handle things a little better than blaz. Still a very good deck.

Teir 4:
nothing here worth mentioning.

Blaze should be in teir 2. Blaze did lose a little power after HL but not THAT much. Blaziken will be in the top three decks until Blastie.

I wouldn't go as far as putting it in the top 3 decks, cuz its not. Teir 2 maybe, but im just so sick of blaziken i dont think i could ever play it again.

Wow....

First of all, this has to be the most outdated, completely inaccurate listing of tiers I have seen, well, EVER. The status of Blaziken as the top deck in the format has long been overruled as it is far from the best deck anymore. Decks have become more stable draw wise with Stevens, Desert Ruins and Rock TM give it hate, water has alot more options now in terms of Walrein and Gorebyss, and other decks can be just as effective without the use of EXes and don't take up as much space in the deck to limit its options like Blaziken do. Here is a more accurate description of the decks. Also, don't do something dumb like list 1 deck per tier. It is NEVER that simple. An accurate listing usually has 3-5 decks in each tier, as no single deck right now is at the top of the game. Here is what I would put as the tiers, with anything below tier 3 not worth even considering to use.

Tier 1

Shiftry- Making a surprise showing at the ECSC and other events, its proven it can compete with all the decks in pure fire power and has alot of disruption available in its hands. With most players not understanding how to fight against it perfectly, and with its basically unplayed weakness and impressive ability to swarm with high damage, this deck is easily tier 1.

Metagross- With two strong SC showings in two completely different metagames, its proven its versitility. With Metagross completely shutting down Psychic decks like Gardevoir, and Metagross EX's beefy 150 HP with metals and the two Metagrosses working together to allow Pokemon Nurse to be abused, it can go toe to toe with any and all decks out there besides Blaziken. This being said, the deck has enough space to devote alot of power towards countering Blaze, as shown by the common use of Gorebyss as the best anti Blaze counter. Milotic is also popular, but unfortunately usually doesn't get the job done vs Blaziken.

Walrein- Again taking advantage of the lack of Exes in the deck, it swarms incredibly well, and has weakness only to Metagross which means most decks have a hard time getting past the stage 2's beefy 120 HP. Its attack is quick and they power up extremely effectively. Type advantage defeats Blaziken with ease, and the deck is able to stay stable most of the game longer than Gardevoir as well. Due to its oracle energy attachment methods, many different types can be splashed into the deck to defeat particular problems, making it very versitile. Against other decks, Milotic can be used strategically to blow games wide open and give the swarming deck an unbelievable staying power.

Crobyss- Again disruption and speed make this deck powerful. Gorebyss handles Blaziken and Gardevoir, and Crobat's triple poison is wicked. It gets going quick, even quicker now with the threat of a t1 Crobat with a DRE dropping Poison on someone. It swarms very effectively and again does not use EXes and is capable of punishing those decks who do. With Rock TM, all it takes is a few hits to take down bigger opponents and devolve them, and if your opponent is not capable of getting multiple threats out like you can, especially past the disruption from the Zubat, Crobat and Desert Shamans, this deck walks all over them.

Tier 2

Gardevoir- Still a very powerful deck, one of the most powerful in the format, but not in the metagame. Metagross completely destroys the deck every time evenw ith horrible hands, Shiftry does the same, and Walrein beats it consistantly enough that losses to 3 of the 4 best decks REALLY knocks it down alot. Plus its not more than 60% vs Blaziken either. With Desert Ruins and Rock TM, the deck can no longer safely use Gardys PP to get alot of damage on the board as it comes back to hurt them. In addition, Gardy EX is hurt by Ruins, and most decks do not run EXes anymore. You lose the prize exchange, and the rest of the deck cannot compete as well. Without safely being able to use Gardy EX, the deck is lackluster in offense, and now its unsafe. Plus with ALOT of decks utilizing Gorebyss in them, it comes back to haunt you as well, making the metagame even more unfavorable.

Blaziken- Still the best in terms of raw power, much like Gardevoir, EVERYONE knows what to expect and how to fight them. Walrein, Gorebyss, Rock TM, Ruins, Swampert, and others all weaken its power greatly as it was once so dominant everyone still fears the run in. Again focusing on EXs to get its job done, the prize swap is not favorable and decks can use their high HPed non EXs to win in the exchange ( Walreins, Crobats, Shiftrys, Metagross etc ) REALLY unfavorable metagame for Blaziken, and only still tier 2 because it can get GOD starts that win any game. Now most decks are to the point where unless Blaz gets a GREAT game it shouldn't win.

Swampert- With Swampert EX gaining power with less blatant OHKOing occuring and it gaining type advantage over Metagross EX and Shiftry, the deck becomes more potent. Able to swarm much like Blaziken, the deck is quite strong, and I feel it could be stronger with more testing even. Swampert EX can appear t1 now due to RC, and that makes it lethal. The main problem is Swamperts 4 energy cost attack, opposed to Walreins 3, which seems to set the Walrus a few pegs above this. This is evened out by the presence of Swampert EX though.

Tier 3

Flygon- With alot of strong draw power, and the focus of the format taken off of Blaziken and Gardevoir, Flygon has become viable again, but none the less at the lower end of the tiers. With less damage being done and less OHKOs being registered, the deck flourishes again but space is tight so not every match up can be countered well. More testing may be possible to make it stronger.

Sceptile- A bit too slow and not very strong vs Metagross, Gardevoir or Blaziken, the shifting metagame may allow it to move up a bit, but again, it is undertested and the right lists may not have been developed yet.

Exploud??? I personally dont think its good at all, but I GUESS it is, so I'll toss it down here.

Blaziken tier 1? where have you been the last like 2 months? havent you played? cant you see what the top 16 results are? o yah, you cant EVEN top 16 :thumb:

Exploud
Walrein/Milotic
Gorebyss

those 3 counter Blaziken pretty heavily, and Gorebyss is the MOST teched out Pokemon in history, how can Blaziken be the best if the whole Metagame is based around it?

Now Exploud, Shiftry and Metagross ex are all weak to fighting, a decent fighting deck should really counter the metagame pretty good if it isn't weak to Psychic. The best option is Swampert ex! making it one of the top decks, due to its awesome speed and ability to OHKO almost anything in the top decks with 5 energys. Magneton is also a great attacker in the deck, and with Metagross and Shiftry running rampant, Gardevoir wont survive long enough in a big tourney to be able to give a fight to this guy (or random gardevoirs with Masterball in them) so Swampy is DEFINATELY tier 1 right now cause it counters the metagame pretty nicely, and to handle the regular Metagrosses in Metagross decks, you have again Swampert ex's second attack to discard their metals/DRE's and you have Magneton which resist it and does a heck load of damage.

SO the top 3 decks right now ARE:

Swampert/ex/Delcatty/Magneton/Suicune ex
Shiftry variants
Metabyss.

Also Gardevoir solo doesnt really stand a chance vs Shiftry or Metagross, so it needs Gorebyss to help out, but again with Shiftry and Metagross, Gardevoir isnt close to being a 'tier 3' deck, only 1337 Gardevoirs without Masterballs.

So yah your whole article is wrong.

Tier 1
Shiftry/furret/delcatty
This deck kills anything if you can match their hand every time.

Gardevoir
If this deck can win nats than it will do very well anywhere else. And this deck can beat Blaze.

Crobyss
This deck is showing to be very powerful. The Gorebyss is like Gardy ex and Crobat is so darn annoying. Plus it won not 1 but 2 Stadium challanges. But shiftry destroys it most of the time.

Tier 2
Metagross/Gorebyss/furret
I don't think this deck can beat Gardy but it is still very good.

Walrein/milotic
I have heard of this deck and must say that it is very good. Though I'd like to see How well it does against Blaze and Gardy.

Tier 3
Blaze
To much metagame and desert ruins.

Swampert/Suicune
Desert ruins hurts but this deck can do well against many things.

I'm liking the Tier list of Tyranitar666. The four of tier 1 are definitely the best and they have respectable reputations when it comes to the Stadium Challenges. Shiftry has won the East Coast, Metagross and Crobyss have been in most of the top 5's and Walrein/Milotic came second place in Nationals. And I do recall Crobyss winning the South Coast Stadium Challenge?

Last edited:
Someone hasn't been looking at playtesting results.

Blaze lost its status when HL came out and people realized that the deck could be beaten. TA manetric does nothing against any deck other than swampert suicune, considering that walrein actually doesn't have weakness to lightning. There is almost no way a blaze deck can win unless it gets it's infamous god hand. It has a horrible time against walrein. Gardy, now that it has a stable draw engine, actually has started winning the matchup. Crobat actually can win against blaze with enough gorebyss and a couple desert ruins in play. The only deck that blaze beats outright are metagross, which can be lost by a 2nd turn metagross ex, and exploud, which has a weaker theme.

Shiftry is evil, with appropriate hand control, most decks really don't have much of a chance against it. Beats gardy, walrein, crobat, exploud, and almost any deck you can think of. Loses to rogue machamp and swampert.

Gardy got better, but it also has its fair share of hate. Biggest problems are metagross,which is an autoloss, and exploud, which it basically loses to, plus auto loss to shiftry makes it a hard choice.

Anyway, enough ranting, most of your errors have already been picked up. Here's my tier listing

tier 1

Shiftry-Best overall matchups, machamp? who's that?
metagross-This deck was weakened by the new turn one rule, now it has less of a chance of second turn ko's. But still a force to be reckoned with.
Walrein-beats blaze, even with gardy, great results in major tournaments.
Crobyss-evil, especially with the new turn one ruling.

tier 2
Gardy-sigh, it beats blaze and crobat, only to lose to walrein and every other popular deck that came with hidden legends.

Blaze-It's sad that I might have to dismantle this, even after it did so well. Hated out of the format. Desert ruins decimates it. Not to mention most of the above decks.

Swampert-looks a lot like fulop's list so far, well he's right. Great chances against meta and shiftry, which still has no idea to deal with fighting. Weaknesses to the other tier two decks keeps this one out of tier one.

tier 3

Exploud-haven't seen a decent control deck in years, beats gardy, but weak to almost everything else, unless you can hold out against the big hp decks, eventually they'll overrun you.

Septile-used to be good, beats gardy and the big water decks, but big problems against everthing else.

Flygon- I really haven't seen the latest list in action, but I'll put it here anyway, after all, people still play crystal shard which can really hurt your early game.

MonkeyMan8889 said:
how does it NOT beat Gardy? metagross resists it and gorebyss pwns it

Yeah, that was a slip-up. Typo, it does beat Gardy.

These are just my personal opinions, you guys. I think that Blaziken definitely has the ability to still be tier 1. A deck with so much power before one set doesn't just vanish into thin air, a deck of the past. It stays and bides its time. No matter what HL brought into the format, Blaziken is at least tier 2. Some decks disappear with a format rotation, but not a set.

Blaziken still has the most raw power of all decks in the format. The others are good in the metagame, but Blaziken is definitely the most powerful of all decks in Eon. With a fast enough setup, no deck can stop it. There isn't a single deck in the format that Blaziken can't beat with a fast enough setup, so if the player behind it can get fast enough setups each game, what's stopping it from winning?

The Metagame is definitely against it, however. I just can't believe that it's "hated out of the format". Not completely, it isn't. There's still hope left for it, but it probably doesn't deserve Tier 1. Darn. ;x

Mudkip, Gardevoir gets stomped by Metagross AND Gardevoir AND Blaziken. That's why it can't be up there. It's definitely powerful, but it has too many weaknesses. I see your point about Swampert, and it's a good one, I didn't really consider Swampert ex's type.

About Crobyss, I'm baised. Heh, I've had some bad encounters with this deck. I just don't like the deck, and it probably does deserve higher, but it's alright if you think differently. I mean, the damage amount is so little that with a bad start, how do you make a comeback? I guess the goal is not to get a bad start, but you can't do that every game.

Mike - Fox isn't Tier 1 in the "official" Tiers right now. He's top of Tier 2. You can argue with whoever makes the Tiers on that one, but I personally think Sheik, Fox and Marth should go in that order all in the top tier together. But moving on...

So, in light of the feedback I've gotten I'm going to edit my tier list, because frankly, it was bad. There are some things I won't change, however, because I'm just stubborn like that. Thank you all for responding, though, I appreciate your posts, negative or not.

~Wooper

Man, I cannot believe I am going to say this, but I think I agree with TTAR666, except that I would put Garde in Tier 1, sorry....too many big wins in too many events.

Everyone keeps saying Shiftry and Metagross knock it down, and it looks like they should on paper, but somehow Garde keeps standing tall.

You have GOT to love this envio. Too bad they are adding more sets, and rotating sets out, because this is the BEST the game has ever been, as far as diversity is concerned.

M45

how do you guys still say that Blaze is a teir-3?
it may be a high teir-2 at worst
Gardevoir is terrible
that is a teir-3 deck if I ever saw one
Shiftry is not a teir-1 deck at all

that is my insight
sorry, I'm in a hurry, I'll post something more in-depth later

Wow I'm surprised no one mentioned Machamp. It hasn't won too many events, but it still does counter 2 of the Tier 1 decks (Shiftry, Metagross). The only thing that consistently beats it is Gardevoir, unless you pull out an Ancient Tomb. Machamp deserves at least Tier 2-3. Not to mention, Machop + DRE + Wallys Training = FTKO of Dunsparce and Skitty.

Marth is DEF not Teir 1. :nonono:
Fox is the best charcter in the game OBV.:clap:

Anyway, I like Fulops's list and Wooper's revised list. Blaze has lost too much power, as has Gardevoir. My Tiers:

Tier 1

Shiftry- Yea, read everyone else's posts on it. =/

Metagross- Read Shiftry..

Swampert- This deck is a BEAST these days, with type advantage over Blaze, Shiftry, and Meta.

Tier 2

Walrein- Energy manipulation is always good, and that attack is pure ownage.

Crobyss- It's good, but it doesn't deserve anymore/less than middle of the metagame. I played it for awhile and it was good, but it has some problems over the top decks.

Blaziken- It's still a GOOD deck. Just not as good; loses to Ruins and it has a bunch of hate decks.

Tier 3

Gardevoir- Lost even more power than Blaze. I expect it to good, but it won't get into T8 at Worlds.

Sceptile- I've seen some good lists, but the power just isn't there..With Muk ex, the deck is waaaay too tight for space.

Some Rogues to watch out for:
Exploud- Great deck (Props Colin =))
Stage 1 Decks- These decks swarm like crazy and can be DEVASTATING

Mehk, thats all I can think of. :thumb:

~Chu :)

People please. The reason shiftry is in tier 1 deck is because it has resistance to Gardy,can abuse desert ruins, and kills Blaze and the fact that shaman just helps that deck. Metagross can be beat by Gardy. And M45 I feel the same way about Gardy. The only reason Shiftry can beat Gardy is because of the fact that wynaut just gets hurt by shaman. But Gardy can beat both MetaByss and Shiftry. And Whicker I think you forgot about all the Metagaming Blaze took. And Magnachu why in the world would you say Gardy lost more power than blaze? Gardy beats swampert,Blaze,and I think metagross and Crobyss. :nonono:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back