Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holon Phantom number of ex's and *'s per box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptilious

I was just wondering if anyone has any numbers from the pre-releases of ex's and *'s per box there are for Holon Phantom boxes ??

Thanks
:pokeball:

my friend got a box for judging and he got 1 ex and 0 *'s.
he also thinks that there are only 12 foil nrg per box. He got 2 of each.

Mightyena EX, Mewtwo *, and 16 holo energy from the box-and-a-third I got; the EX and * were both from the box.

'mom

I don't get why they do this :/
It just doesn't make getting a box worth while :confused:
At least in my opinion, it's probably better to get stuff you need off of ebay based on the Delta Species card prices !

Flaming_Spinach said:
Errr... Anyway, the average per box is:

1 EX
1/3 Pokemon*

The 1 ex per box thing is because of the low amount of ex's per set and to make them harder to find, therefor increasing the value of the cards.

Uh, I'd beg to differ.

I would say its...

1 EX per box
1 * per 2 boxes.

We cracked 4 boxes(including judging support), pulled 4 ex's and 2 *'s. I also heard of 2 Mewtwo* in the same box, but I was suspicious about that.

From what I've seen, I think that 1 * per 2 boxes is about right. I would also say that 2 *'s out of a box is possible, although probably rare.

BDS

I don't think the rarity of the card (unless it's very rare like the World's cards) really affects the cost of the card as much as it's playability. Look at Vaporeon ex from Delta Species, you can get it for $10, around $15 for Jolteon and $20 for Flareon, but Lugia ex from UF with many more ex's can run you $40-$50.

Ice'Cold said:
The 1 ex per box thing is because of the low amount of ex's per set and to make them harder to find, therefor increasing the value of the cards.

Err hello.... *'s, Charizard EX (Although I suppose Rayquaza* is good in ZRE)

Although I do see your point. However,

Ratios:(ignore *)

1ex per box. 3Ex in the set.

We can say roughly jolteon is every 3 boxes. flareon is every 3 boxes. vaporeon is every 3 boxes. ROUGHLY Since these three are about the same rarity

Then roughly 15 ex in unseen forces. 3 per box.
(That includes 'secret rare' celebi ex, and box topper, but even not including them is not much more/less then 15)

Assuming all ex are equal chance, then Lugia ex= 1every 5boxes. However, Lugia would actually be one of the rarer exs of the set. DS, the exs are about equal. UF, almost all the ex cards are different.

Meaning lugia ex is at most on average 1in every 5 boxes.

jol/fla/vap = averagely 1 in every 3

Therefore, Lugia ex=rarer then jolt/flare/vap by 1.66666666 (ISH) (AT LEAST)

HAHA MATHS IS TAKKING OVER

davidy321 said:
Err hello.... *'s, Charizard EX (Although I suppose Rayquaza* is good in ZRE)

Although I do see your point. However,

Ratios:(ignore *)

1ex per box. 3Ex in the set.

We can say roughly jolteon is every 3 boxes. flareon is every 3 boxes. vaporeon is every 3 boxes. ROUGHLY Since these three are about the same rarity

Then roughly 15 ex in unseen forces. 3 per box.
(That includes 'secret rare' celebi ex, and box topper, but even not including them is not much more/less then 15)

Assuming all ex are equal chance, then Lugia ex= 1every 5boxes. However, Lugia would actually be one of the rarer exs of the set. DS, the exs are about equal. UF, almost all the ex cards are different.

Meaning lugia ex is at most on average 1in every 5 boxes.

jol/fla/vap = averagely 1 in every 3

Therefore, Lugia ex=rarer then jolt/flare/vap by 1.66666666 (ISH) (AT LEAST)

HAHA MATHS IS TAKKING OVER

well using that formula then that can be said about every single ex in UF. it's just the ratio of the amount of ex's in a set to the number of ex's in a box.

UF 15:3
DS/HL: 3:1

you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the ex you want from UF, but a 1 in 3 chance in DS/HL.

of course the ex's from UF are generally more sought after, and since you are getting that many in a box, they become more valuable as trade stock. but that is an impossible to figure problem because it depends on the resources of the people you are trading with, and he cards they want.

a person trying to build flariados would likely trade a steelix ex for a flareon ex, yet if that same person were building LBS, it would be the opposite case.

So do we have an average number of Phantom Energies per packs?

I think its....

1 Phantom Energy:3 Packs
1:3

So yea...Its prolly 1 * per 2 1/2 boxes. Just cause I've seen 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 numerous times.

Sceptoulous: It's worth while wen u win them!! The reason they do this so u can buy more boxes to get the cards u need!!!!
At my prerealse we had about 5*'s pulled and like 10 Ex's!!! I t was today I got a Crawdaunt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back