Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infraction...injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where to post this in order to get an answer so ill try here. Any mod can move it to a more appropriate place if there is one. Then again, a mod should be able to answer the questions below.

I recd an 8 point infraction from someone I thought was a friend, Daniel/djgigabyte.
He said I "starred" out an implied profanity. It looked like this, *****d. Well, first off I don't and never have used profanity. Secondly, I have never "starred" out anything.

I haven't a clue how one of my words got "starred" nor do I recall what that word was originally. It certainly wasn't what Daniel accused me of.

You CAN tell that no profanity would have grammatically fit in that spot though.

One statement/or rhetorical question and one question...

How could that word have gotten starred?
And 2...
Why wouldn't a Mod who knows me check further into an uncharacteristic situation before over reacting and lashing out with infractions?

One more thing...what does 8 points do or mean?

Gary, if you didn't star it out, then that means that our filter did, which means that there is no question it was an improper word.
And, given the context of the sentence, there is a definite word that would fit there.
Goes kinda against the point to start spelling it out here.

8 points means don't post words on a Pokemon fan site that you wouldn't want to explain to an 8 year old.
Or make us explain to an 8 year old's mom why such words are used on a "kid's site".
Going over 10 points in a 30 day period leads to some time off from the site.

And don't blame DJ. He's doing his job.
Heck, I gave myself an infraction once...

Gary, if you didn't star it out, then that means that our filter did, which means that there is no question it was an improper word.
And, given the context of the sentence, there is a definite word that would fit there.
Goes kinda against the point to start spelling it out here.

8 points means don't post words on a Pokemon fan site that you wouldn't want to explain to an 8 year old.
Or make us explain to an 8 year old's mom why such words are used on a "kid's site".
Going over 10 points in a 30 day period leads to some time off from the site.

And don't blame DJ. He's doing his job.
Heck, I gave myself an infraction once...

I would never put a profanity anywhere nonetheless here. The worse that would ever come out of my mouth is you're a ding dong lol.
So I can't explain your filter and how it read something harmless I wrote but the mistake wasn't mine and I resent your implication.
Remove those stars from my comment so others dont think i wrote what you and Dan are accusing me of and the points I did nothing to earn and ill just forget this ever happened. Otherwise in good conscience I will stop contributing to your site.

gary: How about emailing me at pokepop at pokegym.net and I'll tell you what word you wrote, since you can't remember, and then you tell me whether it's an appropriate word.

Would that be reasonable ?

Also worth noting, the only reason that you received points for this was because you had already received a friendly reminder for a similar offense.

I'm not on the Gym as often as I'd like Gary, some days I just have time to do a quick check and deal with issues that have cropped up. I would have responded to your PM given more time.

Thats totally silly Daniel. That would make sense IF there was any offense at all this time but there was not. I didn't star it as you stated and there was no profanity as you stated. Just re-read that line...what profanity would have fit there gramatically??? If you think of one pm it to me.
I'm seriously surprised at you Daniel. You should know better:(

---------- Post added 05/15/2013 at 09:59 AM ----------

Woah woah Gary. I don't think an infraction is a good reason to leave the site!

My friend. I'm of a generation (grew up in the 50s and 60s;) that doesn't take lightly to things like this.
I'd still see you all the time on upccc:smile:

---------- Post added 05/15/2013 at 10:14 AM ----------

gary: How about emailing me at pokepop at pokegym.net and I'll tell you what word you wrote, since you can't remember, and then you tell me whether it's an appropriate word.

Would that be reasonable ?

I'm not sure I'd want to know your opinion on what that word could be...it may just upset me more. Most every one here already knows I don't use profanity in my business or private life. I'd never put a cuss word down anywhere. I think I got a warning for something like roflmao but that is certainly not a profanity...is it? But I stopped using it anyway. That's because whoever noticed that nicely shared the info. Daniel just snuck in, assumed, then banged me. I hope "banged" isn't considered a profanity or I'd be forced to leave instead of leaving on my own:) I wonder if it was an adjective like that that got starred?

I guess just the fact that Daniel would accuse me of starring a word to hide a profanity and then deciding to use that assumed info to penalize me in some way was just flat out insulting.

Sit back and wait three months and the points are gone.

Whether or not you used profanity, whether or not it's any kind of "injustice" or whatever, it seriously doesn't matter as long as you lay down and don't worry about it, unless you keep doing it, which it sounds like you're pretty sure you won't.

There's no reason to make a big deal out of this. A few points aren't the end of the world. In fact in three months they won't be anything at all.

Well the points go away, but the remnants of the infraction is still there.

Bingo...Elam. Exactly right.

If it mattered to Daniel or Pop they'd show some maturity and remove the infraction now and then I'd let bygones be bygones.
Daniels younger but Pop should very well know that "pride cometh before the fall".

They don't need me but what they should realize is that I don't need them either.

Oh Gary, I had one of my infraction Reversed, it's still there, but says reversed. I think once an infraction is given or a warning.. it'll always be there like a burnt mark.

---------- Post added 05/15/2013 at 02:28 PM ----------

I also want to know how the appeal process work... the infraction I got was reversed because it was a mistake of a mod.

Being on the pokegym for any length of time and not having at least one infraction is darn near impossible. Heck, Gandhi would have two or three.

By making a big deal out of it, you're only making it worse. Take it as what it is, a warning, and move on with it.

I'm sorry, and this matters to anyone why?

You honestly just make yourself sound like a four year old that can't stand to not have the last laugh...

The reason Gary wants to appeal for this infraction to be gone is that he knows this infraction is a mistake because he did not intentionally use profanity of any kind.

For example, one word in my previous address was filtered because the site picked it up as a profanity word. I asked the mods about it and they said to put a space between the letter. The word in my previous address is not profanity, but the system still filters it out with asterisks. What if the word Gary used was a mistake by the system. Is it his fault to get that infraction?

---------- Post added 05/15/2013 at 03:07 PM ----------

I'm sorry, and this matters to anyone why?

You honestly just make yourself sound like a four year old that can't stand to not have the last laugh...

Also, he's just trying to use the appeal system which keeps everything in balance. I don't know why him using the appeal system makes him sounds like a 4 year old.

Last edited:
Elam:

I'm not sure I'd want to know your opinion on what that word could be...

Daniel just snuck in, assumed, then banged me. I hope "banged" isn't considered a profanity or I'd be forced to leave instead of leaving on my own:) I wonder if it was an adjective like that that got starred?

I guess just the fact that Daniel would accuse me of starring a word to hide a profanity and then deciding to use that assumed info to penalize me in some way was just flat out insulting.

As I see it, these are varying levels of not-very-mature remarks - they strike me as very passive aggressive and give me the impression that he wants to be confrontational and contrary, rather than actually trying to come to an agreement about something.

I understand the initial "Whoa, I got an infraction and I didn't think I did anything wrong!" And, y'know, it sounds like he didn't. If he were being a little bit less confrontational about it, I wouldn't really have more to say than "It's fine, just leave it alone for a while."

Here's what really got me.

If it mattered to Daniel or Pop they'd show some maturity and remove the infraction now and then I'd let bygones be bygones.
Daniels younger but Pop should very well know that "pride cometh before the fall".

They don't need me but what they should realize is that I don't need them either.

What are you even trying to say, Gary? What is even the point of this? It kinda sounds to be me like you're offended that someone else has done their job to the best of their ability and like it's their duty to reverse your infraction just because you said so, and that anything less is somehow a poor reflection on their character. To say nothing of that cryptic, bizarre last line whose meaning I can't begin to interpret.

The simple fact of the matter is this: the rules were enforced based on what Dan knew and the consequence to you is pretty much a non-issue. There's no need to be like this. Calm down and let it go.

The reason he's so upset is it goes against his personal beliefs. He doesn't want to be accused of something like this in any way shape or form. I personally cuss, but I know my father is so against it that this would be something he'd be extremely upset about. I've seen Gary on here before and nothing he's ever done would make me think he would curse. I'm sorry but I think that he truly doesn't deserve this and he has a right to be offended.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

This seems to be even a bigger deal to Kayla than it is to me lol. I simply won't accept the strike by matter of principal. There is a right and a wrong and Dan and Pop are wrong but unwilling to correct it. Well I, in turn, have a right to speak out and rolling over like a dog may fit you Kayla but not me.

The worst part was I thought Daniel knew me better than to simply accuse and penalize me for using profanities. Pop knows I didn't use a profanity I'm sure cause he actually read the post but he's defending Dan.
All I asked was to make this right and remove the 9 penalty points. Easy to do! The right thing to do! But no...they just keep looking out the window.

Being on the pokegym for any length of time and not having at least one infraction is darn near impossible. Heck, Gandhi would have two or three.

By making a big deal out of it, you're only making it worse. Take it as what it is, a warning, and move on with it.

I don't have any infractions over the 6 years I've been here... :tongue:

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why a thread was made about this. Shouldn't this have gone straight to the Team Compendium Hideout? And whether intentional or not, something you (Gary) typed ended up being censored. You didn't mean to do it, but you still did it.

Think of it this way. You might not mean to rear-end someone in your car, it's accidental that you couldn't stop in time, but you still need to pay for damages.

This seems to be even a bigger deal to Kayla than it is to me lol. I simply won't accept the strike by matter of principal. There is a right and a wrong and Dan and Pop are wrong but unwilling to correct it. Well I, in turn, have a right to speak out and rolling over like a dog may fit you Kayla but not me.

The worst part was I thought Daniel knew me better than to simply accuse and penalize me for using profanities. Pop knows I didn't use a profanity I'm sure cause he actually read the post but he's defending Dan.
All I asked was to make this right and remove the 9 penalty points. Easy to do! The right thing to do! But no...they just keep looking out the window.

Ummm.....

I'm gonna start calling this the drama queen thread now. Keep blaming other people, sure. Just don't be suprised when nobody (other than your friends who believe you on principle) believes you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back