Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Kingdra

Sparky

In a format where 40 damage for 1 energy seems to be slightly below par, Kingdra has taken a back seat. However, now with the ability to hit for a relatively large amount of damage when compared with energy requirement, Kingdra is a force to be reckoned with. Earlier deck builds revolving around Kingdra focused on hitting big with Aqua Stream, not anymore. Getting a sizable amount of water energy in the discard pile takes time, and thus attention was shifted to Kingdra’s second attack. An already powerful attack, 60 damage and 20 to the bench if you discarded 2 cards from your hand, could be used to consistently hit every turn. And with the release of Expert Belt from Platinum: Arceus, that potential has jumped to a consistent 80+20 damage a turn. And due to its low energy cost, Kingdra could easily swarm an unsuspecting opponent. These characteristics exemplify why Kingdra is one of the fastest decks around.

Author: Mitchell Woo
Deck Name: Kingdra
Date: December 5, 2009
Format: DP-SV
Latest Set Released: Platinum: Arceus

The Build:
Pokemon:
4x Horsea LA
2x Seadra LA
4x Kingdra LA
3x Baltoy GE
3x Claydol GE
1x Crobat G PL
1x Uxie LA
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
3x Broken Time-Space
3x Roseanne’s Research
3x Bebe’s Search
4x Poke Drawer +
3x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop-Up
3x Expert Belt
2x PlusPower
1x Marley’s Request
2x PokeTurn
1x Luxury Ball
2x Night Maintenance
3x Pokedex Handy910is
Energy:
2x Cyclone Energy
6x Water Energy

The Breakdown:

Horsea LA - Horsea is what you want to be your active at the start of the game. Horsea's first attack, Smokescreen, can provide a stall, should your opponent flip tails on the required flip for their attack. It's second attack, Reverse Thrust, is useful in that not only does it do a small amount of damage, but it allows you to get Horsea out of the Active Position. It's weakness to Lightning Pokemon isn't too great, seeing as how Luxray GL Lv. X is teched into a handful of decks, but, Flash Impact Knocks Out Horsea either way. It also lets me evolve my Pogeymonz.

Seadra LA – The go-between for the Kingdra line, this man right here, yes, right here, lets you swarm/recover/evolve quickly through the use of Broken Time-Space. Two are played over one due to the fact that sooner or later, you run out of Rare Candies. It also helps compensate against Deafen, Pitch Dark, and similar Trainer-locks.

Kingdra LA – Well, here he is folks. The B.M.O.C.(Big Man On Campus) Some might say he’s the man of the hour. What makes this dude playable is his 1-for-40 attack, Dragon Pump. Nothing out of the ordinary here, till you actually read the text. You can discard 2 cards from your hand, count them, 2, to have a 20+ damage bonus to the Active Pokemon, and an additional 20 damage to one of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. However, Nidoqueen does that 20 damage no merit. But, you’ll have no problem knocking out your opponent’s Pokemon in two hits with the use of Expert Belt.

Baltoy GE – The basic for Claydol. He is here for Claydol alone. Psychic Balance can prove useful early game should you find Baltoy as your only Basic Pokemon. Also, if you have an Energy in your starting hand and Baltoy is your only Pokemon, you should attach it to allow you to retreat the following turn.

Claydol GE – You can call him Kingdra’s sidekick. Cosmic Power, which is the real reason he's in here, is the deck's primary source of draw power. It allows us to put up to 2 cards from our hand to the bottom of our deck to draw till we have 6 cards in our hand. This allows us a hand refresh, as well as returning cards to the deck to avoid the deckout. Another notable thing, is how you can use multiple Cosmic Powers in a turn, one per Claydol. This means if I have 2 Claydols set-up, I get too use Cosmic Power twice. This also helps just in case you get Power Sprayed.

Crobat G – Who do you call when you need 10 extra damage? Not the Ghostbusters, but this little dude. With a free damage counter anywhere on your opponent’s side, they can help Kingdra pull off multiple KO’s in one turn. That being said, he also eats up some of your bench/deck space, so that’s why I only run one. On top of that, it's a tight list already, so the card I cut was Crobat G.

Uxie LA – An easily searchable new start, Uxie lets you grab cards until you have seven in your hand. As a Basic Pokemon, cards like Roseanne's Research make Uxie easier to set-up than Claydol. Something to note is that with the attachment of an Expert Belt, Uxie can hit for 40 damage with one energy. While this might not seem like a lot, Psychic Restore's effect allows Uxie to be sent to the bottom of your deck, avoiding the possible Knock Out next turn. This is even more important because against SF Gengar, if you Psychic Restore and send Uxie to the bottom of your deck, Gengar doesn't get to flip for Fainting Spell! This is so because Uxie, the target of Fainting Spell, is now at the bottom of your deck, denying Fainting Spell a target.

The Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums:

Broken Time-Space PL – One of the most crucial cards to getting a stable set-up, Broken Time-Space allows you to evolve the same Pokemon multiple times in a turn. It lets you recover with ease, as well as swarm your opponent’s with a horde of Kingdras. But beware, Flygon's Sand Wall really abuses Stadiums.

Roseanne’s Research & Bebe’s Search – These cards are pretty self explanatory, Roseanne’s allows you to search for any combination of Basic Pokemon or Energy, Bebe’s lets you search for any Pokemon. Staples in almost any deck, especially Roseanne’s Research. I only run 3 of each because once I have two or more Claydols out most of the cards in the deck are easily accessible.

Poke Drawer + SF – The essence of speed. This card allows you to draw a card, or if 2 are played at the same time, you can search for any 2 cards in your deck. You don't even have to show your opponent what you took. This lets you fish out that elusive BTS, Rare Candy, or Claydol, without your opponent knowing what you took.. It also can be used to just burn through your hand to search out anything you can get rid of quickly, in order to maximixe Clayol's Cosmic Power. A very flexible card for this deck.

Rare Candy GE – Another card like BTS which makes Stage 2 decks playable. This lets you “skip” Stage 1 entirely, jumping from Basic to Stage 2, allowing you to get hitting fast. This card is an amazing substitute for Broken Time-Space should one not be in play.

Super Scoop Up MD – This lets us cheat the two-prize penalty from Expert Belt. It lets us re-use Cosmic Power if Broken Time-Space is in play. The same goes for Uxie’s Set-Up. However, the main use of this card should be to pull damaged Kingdras off the field to avoid giving the opponent Prize Cards. This card is like a get-out-of-jail card, it bails you out in what might be a near impossible situation. This also helps the FlyLock matchup, but of course, sooner or later, we run out of them. However, if you flip tails, nothing happens. One thing you need to look out for is being Trainer-locked. Glicstomb(Gliscor/Spiritomb), Dialga G's Deafen, and Gastly SF's Pitch Dark all prevent you from using Super Scoop-Up.

Expert Belt AR – Your ace in the hole. Expert Belt is like glue in this deck, it holds everything together. It makes Kingdra a sound idea for tournaments, making a good 130 HP Pokemon, a 150 HP Pokemon that can hit 80 damage for 1 energy. Not too mention the extra 20 damage that is placed on one of the opponent's Benched Pokemon. It can make Uxie a fair back-up attacker, or a way to get around Fainting Spell. However, it has it’s drawbacks, being that 2-prize penalty when the Pokemon Expert Belt is attached to is Knocked Out. Which is why Super Scoop Up is here.

PlusPower PL – When your 10/20 damage short, here is your answer. Along with Crobat G, PlusPower gives you that extra 10 damage, but it’s only applied towards your attack. Meaning, you still have to attack to claim the benefits. This means that through Dragon Pump, you can hit for 100 damage plus 20 on the bench in one turn! It is also applied before weakness and resistance, meaning if either Lake Boundary/Lucario GL are in play, it doubles and adds 20 damage instead! And hey, it doesn’t eat up one of you Bench spaces.

Marley’s Request SF – This lets you reclaim that Super Scoop Up, or Expert Belt, or any other Trainer, that you may have mistakenly let be discarded. Late game you can also use it to take a Bebe’s or Roseanne’s, but I usually try to save it for Expert Belts and Scoop Ups.

Luxury Ball SF - Luxury Ball lets us search for any one Pokemon, except for Lv. X's. However, because this deck has no Lv. X's, pretty much any Pokemon in the deck is a valid choice with Luxury Ball. It's drawback is that you can only claim it's benefits if there are no other Luxury Balls in your discard. The best part about it though, is that it's not a Supporter. This means that you can search for a Pokemon with Luxury Ball, and still have the option of playing a Supporter later in turn.

Night Maintenance SW – Use this to pull back your knocked out Kingdra lines, and them only pretty much. Never ever take an energy with this, as you lower the total amount of damage to be done with Aqua Stream. Instead, it’s better to use your 3 choices on the Pokemonz, which are otherwise irretrievable once in the discard pile.

Pokedex PL – With the original version of this deck, I chose Poke Radar over Pokedex. The switch back to Pokedex is a result of being able to choose which card, and you are pretty much guaranteed something useful. Cards like Expert Belt, Super Scoop Up, Broken Time-Space, and Rare Candy, are now all available choices to pick. Pokedex also lets you burn through your own deck quicker to get the cards you want.

The Energy:

Cyclone Energy – Much like the Joker is to Batman, Spiritomb is to Kingdra. This is my anti-Spiritomb card, hopefully removing him from the active position, allowing me to get on with my life.

The Techs:
Nidoqueen RR – Lets you heal your Kingdras as well, turning their already high 130 HP (150 HP with Expert Belt) to a larger number, all dependent on how many attacks it takes your opponent to knock out your Kingdra.
Blissey PL – Same general concept as Nidoqueen, but is a Stage 1 and you have to discard a card. Also heals 20 but during your turn, not between turns.
Floatzel Gl Lv. X – Now, let it be seen in writing, I greatly dislike this card. When put in this deck it slows the deck as a whole down, and takes up a precious bench space. However, every card has something to offer. Floatzel GL Lv. X lets us return a Water Pokemon and all cards attached to it to our hand when that Water Pokemon is Knocked Out. Note though, that this generally reduces the efficiency of Aqua Stream, meaning Late Game might become more difficult.
Poke Blower + - Choose which Pokemon you want Active so you can hit it with 80? Or, so they can’t retreat and you can snipe some of your opponent’s Pokemon. Takes up a fair bit of space though.
Alakazam MT - Power Spray for the poor man. Requires you to discard 2 cards. A preeeeeetty nice tech, although the deck starts to burn through after about turn 4-5, meaning you won't have a lot of cards to discard in the first place.
Cresselia GE Lv.X - Another nice tech, although it requires a bit more to get set up. Think of it as another Crobat, except you can use it every turn.

The Strategy:

Going back to its old beat-down roots, the main strategy of this build is to ideally have 2-3 Claydols out by Turn 2, as well as 1 Kingdra. However, in a typical hand, this doesn’t fall into your hands. More often than not, Uxie is needed to give you that nudge that gets you starting. As there are only 8 Energy in total in the deck, and only 6 of them can pay for Kingdra’s Dragon Pump, energy placement is pretty important. Try to discard your surplus Trainers through Dragon Pump should you run out of Energies to discard. In a typical game, you’ll usually run your deck till only a few cards remain, meaning that you need to Cosmic Power any extra cards into your deck. Aqua Stream also provides a form of deck replenishment. Dragon Pump should still be your main attack. From there, its attack attack attack! Straight up beat down is how Kingdra rolls, however, also note that well-placed snipes via Dragon Pump can help you take multiple prizes in one turn. You can also cripple your opponent’s draw power if your able to knock out their Claydols or Uxies.

Now that we know what we’re generally doing, here are our matchups –

Matchups: *Disclaimer* - All matchups are products of my playtime against these decks. They vary from game to game based on player, techs, and other stuff that can't be calculated like luck and your starting draw.

Gengar(Fainting Spell) 45/55 Kingdra - The reason being you can outspeed them. Don’t give them time to set-up, you need to swarm with your Kingdra’s. Crobat G becomes helpful in this match-up, and when you’re ready to knock out their Fainting Spell Gengar try to use a Kingdra that hasn’t been equipped with an Expert Belt. But really, it comes down to coin flips. Should they take out your Claydols, don’t fret, that’s why 3 are run.

Cursegar 30/70 Kingdra – I’ll have to cite the same reasons above, except three-fold, and with the loss of Fainting Spell. With the need to attach 3 energies compared to one, as well as losing the better part of its snipe ability, this matchup becomes easier. You don’t need to worry as much about your Claydols, and if the Gengar Lv.X is run, you have no need to fear about its Poke-Power. It’s Compound Pain that you would need to be worried about a bit. It’s still not that hard to play around however.

Flygon – This match is entirely reliant upon their techs. I’ll start with FlyLock, which can be countered with smart use of Super Scoop Ups, hopefully letting you pull a locked Pokemon out of the Active Position. However, your luck isn’t predictable, so this match depends on how many heads you get.

-Flygon/Weaville becomes kind of dangerous once they set up. If they run Expert Belt, this match becomes annoying because now they can OHKO you. You can 2HKO them. Otherwise, your best bet is trying to set-up before them and spread a fair amount of damage around. If your fast enough and knock out their first Flygon before another one is set up, you have the advantage. But once they have a steady flow of Flygons coming out, your dead.

Machamp 50/50 Kingdra – HA! No Basics for you to abuse here. However, it is often enough that I have a lone Horsea start, so caution is advised. Late-game Kingdra begins to outshine Machamp, hitting for a consistent 80 whereas they need to rely on coin flips, or Machamp Lv. X, which both have their notable drawbacks.
Dialga-based decks 70-30 Kingdra – Uhm, I can’t use Trainers if they Deafen Lock. Kingdra likes to use Trainers. If the deck is based off a Deafen-lock, you’re kind of done in. Broken Time-Space is needed to help play against this match, and the use of Garchomp C Lv. X/Poke Turn/ Special Metal minimizes the damage you can do and keep on them. This match is generally a loss for me, as I can’t seem to deal enough damage to compensate for the above mentioned factors. It’s heartbreaking. ;)

Palkia Lock – 75-25 Kingdra – This is the worst matchup you can get. Usually multiple Kingdras along with a number of Claydols populate your bench, and once Palkia G Lv. X hits the field, all hell breaks loose. Kingdra can’t swarm. Your draw power dies. Palkia G Lv. X completely restricts your strategy of swarming. Mesprit’s Psychic Bind shuts off Cosmic Power, meaning no draw for you. If they’re running a strong build that can keep the lock going for several turns, you lose. If you can’t set up, you pretty much have to stare at your field and wait for it to come. Even though you are allowed Supporters, Cosmic Power is what you need later in the game to keep pace. Without that, your ability to recover becomes extremely restricted.

Salamence - I haven't been able to test extensively against a decent build. I'd think that this match would be favorable though, as you outspeed them. Unless they play Spiritomb, which will only slow you down for a few turns.

Sceptile/Sceptile - Not enough play time against this deck as well. A few games I've played have kind of went back and forth, so I cannot say for sure.

Glicstomb 55-45 Kingdra- Now, I haven't played against this deck as much as I'd like to, but if they get set-up, you are generally either a.)locked out fo your mind or b.)set-up and able to swarm. Should it be the latter, you have a good shot. Obviously as for a, you might want to scoop and save yourself the time.

Conclusion:
If I have left out any decks, please let me know, and I’ll do my best to add them. If any of the match-ups seem to be off please let me know as to what you think they should be and I’ll compensate. I’m an easy person to deal with. :D
If you know of any techs worth mentioning, please mention them to me as well, as friendly criticism is always welcome!
Thanks for readin till the end!

Last edited:
OK I have mixed opinions on this article -

The good - Your matchups I would agree with - it's nice to see an unbiased view. You also explain things well.

The bad - I'm sorry, but the list is really terrible. Why bother with Pluspower when you could add more Pokturn? No Unown G? 3 of RR, Bebes and Rare Candy is bad enough, especially when Kingdra can't run Call energy. The list itself is quite bland, and needs a game winning tech and answer to Nidoqueen like Dusknoir. i can't explain how medicore Pokdex and Pokedrawer are in Kingdra. Modern lists run none of those, they're not needed. Why not have 2-3 Luxury Ball? 2 NM isn't needed, Kingdra runs fine on one Palmers. Also alot of the article is jumbled and difficult to read like the Matchups. No pictures?

Last edited:
Not only that but 3 Pokedex and 4 Drawer?... * Shudders* And for front page you should say Pokedex handy 910's. 3 Roseanne's! 3 Bebe's! 1 Luxury Ball! Marleys! Pluspower! AND then you play 3 Candy, 3 BTS and 2 Seadra. This is one of the worst lists I've seen. Sorry but it's true.

Luxray Based Decks? You might have LOW Favor to the many Luxray GL Decks, Yes.. Including the BlazeRay/LuxApe, Since of course Weakness would kill you. But you might want that Match-Up. And as Deoxeys Said... Bad List. Especially for a Article.

REALISTIC MATCH-UPS :eek:

That's awesome on the PokeGym front page and deserves credit. The lack of giant pics of Basic Energy is cool too.

The list is a bit flaky (3 Candy, PP over more Bats/Turns, no Unown G etc)

Dusknoir DP needs a mention in the tech section.

lol, I read the title and thought "I hope this article has a better list than the article a while back". Then I clicked the link... This list is seriously messed up man. I am concerned with the amount of vital cards you have missed, or the quantity, i.e. too much/too little. You have no unown G, no matter what everybody says, Gengar decks are definately not dead. Your claydols will get torn to shreds. You should add more poketurns, and more bat G's, they are easily more flexible than pluspower. 4 pokedrawer seems a bit strange in this current format, I thought the concept of having 4 pokedrawer has been dead for a while. You don't need Palmers AND NM, especially in a Kingdra list. Im not much of a fan of the pokedex either, it seems as if you have filled all the cards you need, and have 3 spare slots so therefore fill them with pokedex's.

HOWEVER,

I do appreciate that you have taken a lot of time into making this article, and it is slightly unfair that you are being moaned at for a making a dodgy list, when the rest of the article is actually very nice. The matchups are fair, the introduction is nice, and you have explained clearly why every single card is in the list. More photo's would have been nice though ;).

Olliek

I will explain why I personally do not like pokedrawer+ in this list. It is never really useful by itself, but an extra rare candy, roseanne's research, bebe's search are very much usefull by themselve's in the opening hand. I haven't really been playing much, but when I have been playing I used Kingdra and have had success with it. Although I play Kingdra quite differently with Blissey and Nidoqueen, but if I were to run it your way I would do it as such:

4x Horsea LA (23)
3x Seadra LA
4x Kingdra LA
3x Baltoy GE
3x Claydol GE
2x Unown g
2x Crobat G PL
2x Uxie LA

3x Broken Time-Space (31)
4x Roseanne’s Research
4x Bebe’s Search
4x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop-Up
3x Expert Belt
4x PokeTurn
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
1x Luxury Ball
1x Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
6x Water Energy (6)

That list above, with 3 Cyrus taken out and a 1-0-1 Dusknoir and a 2nd Luxury Ball would be solid and consistent.

Dialga G LVX and Dusknoir need to be added to the possible techs section. Otherwise I agree with nnaann.

Best kingdra lists run excess cards. 4 bebe, 4 rosy, 2-3 cynthia, 3-4 bts, 3 lux ball, etc.

I really don't see how this list is that consistent aside from the 3rd claydol.

Just swap the list with tht list that "Oneezgoingjoe" provided. Just to verify, the list is:

4x Horsea LA (23)
3x Seadra LA
4x Kingdra LA
3x Baltoy GE
3x Claydol GE
2x Unown g
2x Crobat G PL
2x Uxie LA

4x Roseanne’s Research
4x Bebe’s Search
4x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop-Up
3x Expert Belt
4x PokeTurn
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
1x Luxury Ball
1x Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
6x Water Energy (6)

I promise that with a decent list the overall feedback will become much more positive.

Olliek

I'm sorry, but this is a bad list, terrible format (I noticed a few swear words that should NOT be in the article). The only good thing I read out of this article is that your match ups seem to be realistic in which I agree with.

When listing match ups, don't bother posting up match ups like Salamence and Sceptile if you have no idea how the match up works. Your wasting a lot of people's time reading most of the unnecessary stuff that doesn't need to be on there.

2/10- I'm sure Chuck (Alex B.) could write a better article if he wanted to.

OK, I had a nice really long replay to everyone, but then Firefox crashed. :frown: So, now that I'm tired of writing replies, I'll make them to the point! :thumb: I'm just gonna work in batches of posts to avoid losing my stuff again...

No unown G? How are you gonna protect your 3 claydols against gengar and inviting trap?

I can generally recover quickly, that's why the amount of recovery cards is so high. Inviting Trap I can potentially SSU the Claydol.

OK I have mixed opinions on this article -

The good - Your matchups I would agree with - it's nice to see an unbiased view. You also explain things well.

The bad - I'm sorry, but the list is really terrible. Why bother with Pluspower when you could add more Pokturn? No Unown G? 3 of RR, Bebes and Rare Candy is bad enough, especially when Kingdra can't run Call energy. The list itself is quite bland, and needs a game winning tech and answer to Nidoqueen like Dusknoir. i can't explain how medicore Pokdex and Pokedrawer are in Kingdra. Modern lists run none of those, they're not needed. Why not have 2-3 Luxury Ball? 2 NM isn't needed, Kingdra runs fine on one Palmers. Also alot of the article is jumbled and difficult to read like the Matchups. No pictures?

Hahaha! I have supa' kewl' hypa-links! "Modern list" well here's a modern list! I placed well in my Cities with this deck, although for you Masters this might not be a strong enough list.

Not only that but 3 Pokedex and 4 Drawer?... * Shudders* And for front page you should say Pokedex handy 910's. 3 Roseanne's! 3 Bebe's! 1 Luxury Ball! Marleys! Pluspower! AND then you play 3 Candy, 3 BTS and 2 Seadra. This is one of the worst lists I've seen. Sorry but it's true.

Ok, if you're going to bash my list, fine, but do you have anything on the FP to show for yourself? If not, please stop bashing, this list is fine for me and I don't intend for someone to pick it up and have it be the best deck in the world. I am still changing it around, so in the meantime make your own article and then I'll concede your point.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Luxray Based Decks? You might have LOW Favor to the many Luxray GL Decks, Yes.. Including the BlazeRay/LuxApe, Since of course Weakness would kill you. But you might want that Match-Up. And as Deoxeys Said... Bad List. Especially for a Article.

Like whoever he was, make your own list before bashing mine. I understand it's not the best deck out there, but until you get something out there, please stop bashing my list. It performed well at my Cities, which is enough for me. Obviously, my meta was a lot more different than yours.

REALISTIC MATCH-UPS :eek:

That's awesome on the PokeGym front page and deserves credit. The lack of giant pics of Basic Energy is cool too.

The list is a bit flaky (3 Candy, PP over more Bats/Turns, no Unown G etc)

Dusknoir DP needs a mention in the tech section.

FINALLY! SOME POSITIVE CRITICISM! Yes, it seems that Dusknoir DP had slipped my mind. More Poke Turns would've been added if I could find something to cut. But, I'm content with my list as is. *shrug*

Another Great Idea, Make the Match-ups, Bold And Say like 70/30, In your favor.

Ok, I'll respond now that we're being civil. Do you really think it's easier to read if i bold the deck names?

what about matchups against gengallade????(gengar/gallade4)

For some reason, I've never seen nor heard of this deck being played. If you'd like to give me your experiences with the deck, I'd be happy to include this in the match-ups.

lol, I read the title and thought "I hope this article has a better list than the article a while back". Then I clicked the link... This list is seriously messed up man. I am concerned with the amount of vital cards you have missed, or the quantity, i.e. too much/too little. You have no unown G, no matter what everybody says, Gengar decks are definately not dead. Your claydols will get torn to shreds. You should add more poketurns, and more bat G's, they are easily more flexible than pluspower. 4 pokedrawer seems a bit strange in this current format, I thought the concept of having 4 pokedrawer has been dead for a while. You don't need Palmers AND NM, especially in a Kingdra list. Im not much of a fan of the pokedex either, it seems as if you have filled all the cards you need, and have 3 spare slots so therefore fill them with pokedex's.

HOWEVER,

I do appreciate that you have taken a lot of time into making this article, and it is slightly unfair that you are being moaned at for a making a dodgy list, when the rest of the article is actually very nice. The matchups are fair, the introduction is nice, and you have explained clearly why every single card is in the list. More photo's would have been nice though ;).

Olliek

Yes, Gengar decks are not dead, I played them consistently throughout Cities. However, I do not appreciate you calling me out on my deck, nor saying my list is "seriously messed up." I didn't randomly throw Pokedex in here because I had nothing else, I would've liked to add Warp Points. It's just that these allowed me to sep-up faster, which I believed was more important for a faster deck.

I will explain why I personally do not like pokedrawer+ in this list. It is never really useful by itself, but an extra rare candy, roseanne's research, bebe's search are very much usefull by themselve's in the opening hand. I haven't really been playing much, but when I have been playing I used Kingdra and have had success with it. Although I play Kingdra quite differently with Blissey and Nidoqueen, but if I were to run it your way I would do it as such:

4x Horsea LA (23)
3x Seadra LA
4x Kingdra LA
3x Baltoy GE
3x Claydol GE
2x Unown g
2x Crobat G PL
2x Uxie LA

4x Roseanne’s Research
4x Bebe’s Search
4x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop-Up
3x Expert Belt
4x PokeTurn
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
1x Luxury Ball
1x Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
6x Water Energy (6)

I appreciate you not outright bashing me. I understand Kingdra needs extra cards to burn for Dragon Pump, but I already found myself with enough cards to discard, which is why I downsized the amount of Rosanne's and Bebe's. I played Kingdra all last season, and find that I'm comfortable with this list.

That list above, with 3 Cyrus taken out and a 1-0-1 Dusknoir and a 2nd Luxury Ball would be solid and consistent.

I find the list AS IS is consistent. I understand that everyone's opinions differ, but I find my list is fine. However, I will try out the 1-0-1 Dusknoir Line, although my Bench is tight as is.

Dialga G LVX and Dusknoir need to be added to the possible techs section. Otherwise I agree with nnaann.

Ehhh, I think Dialga G Lv. X is too slow and clunky for this deck. And then I'd need to run cards to help get that thing out. :confused:

Best kingdra lists run excess cards. 4 bebe, 4 rosy, 2-3 cynthia, 3-4 bts, 3 lux ball, etc.

I really don't see how this list is that consistent aside from the 3rd claydol.

Ok, for the last time, I find my list consistent. As already in prior posts AND in the article if you bothered to read it, WHY I DON'T MAX THOSE CARDS!!!!! If you want to post a better list, be my guest. However, seeing as how there was none out, I decided to give my list, in which I did put time and effort into.

Meh I when I see Dialga G X in a Kingdra deck I'm more scared than a Turkey on Thank giving. It's clunky. But yeah Dusknoir 100%

I agree. Dusknoir I feel is more worth the space and is easier to get out. The reason it's not in here is because I overlooked it at the time. If it really means anything, sorry for my flaws. :biggrin:

Just swap the list with tht list that "Oneezgoingjoe" provided. Just to verify, the list is:

4x Horsea LA (23)
3x Seadra LA
4x Kingdra LA
3x Baltoy GE
3x Claydol GE
2x Unown g
2x Crobat G PL
2x Uxie LA

4x Roseanne’s Research
4x Bebe’s Search
4x Rare Candy
4x Super Scoop-Up
3x Expert Belt
4x PokeTurn
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
1x Luxury Ball
1x Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
6x Water Energy (6)

I promise that with a decent list the overall feedback will become much more positive.

Olliek

I'm not changing the list. Posting this one required me asking Mr. Meches about every little thing, and I feel I've bothered him enough.

I'm sorry, but this is a bad list, terrible format (I noticed a few swear words that should NOT be in the article). The only good thing I read out of this article is that your match ups seem to be realistic in which I agree with.

When listing match ups, don't bother posting up match ups like Salamence and Sceptile if you have no idea how the match up works. Your wasting a lot of people's time reading most of the unnecessary stuff that doesn't need to be on there.

2/10- I'm sure Chuck (Alex B.) could write a better article if he wanted to.

This is uncalled for. I won't even bother responding to this. When your article was up, you got flamed more than your fair share. This is just outright wrong, I'm "wasting" people's time? Your wasting your time posting on this just to bash my deck. Honestly, I don't care if Chuck could post a better article. DId he? No. So back off and stop trying to argue over mute things, people would like to know about match-ups, even if I don't know how they play out, but I'm giving them a general idea. If you have any more "smart" ideas, keep them to yourself.

Last edited:
I'll post mine here, and it's a bit more "teched" than my usual list, but it's still very consistent.

4-3-4 kingdra
2-3 claydol
1 chatot
1 Unown G
1 Uxie

4 bebe
4 rosy
2 Cynthia
1 Wager (or 3rd cynthia depending on meta)
1 Palmers (play it smart, it's you're only recovery, typically for a 2-1-2 kingdra line)
4 rare candy
3 Plus Power
1 Expert belt (some people play too many of these and it really slows consistency and usually ends up in the player misplaying them)
3 lux ball
3 warp point
3 BTS

8 water energy (or 6 water 2 multi)

NOTE: There is room for 4 cards. I've been working with this deck for a year now and the BEST 4 cards I've found to work are 2 great ball and 1-0-1 noir. 4 Drawer + is also nice as well. A lot of people prefer 2 bat/2 turn.

SSU are the most agrivating card in the format, because they tend to fail you when you need them, and they suck in your opening hand. I cut one PP for an expert belt.

Well, It's just difficult to read your match-ups, And i definately didn't mean to bash your list, But i think your match-ups could use a line of space

Like so, and make the Deck name bolder, That would probably make it much more easier to read.

Back