x1 Ancient Technical Machine [Rock]
x1 Protective Orb
x1 Pokemon Retriever

Energies <14>
x5 Psychic Energy
x4 Double Rainbow Energy
x4 React Energy
x1 Heal Energy

So what do you guys/gals think? I'm not so sure about the stadiums. You need somethng to counter the Battle Frontier. Try not to bash me too hard. This deck is just what I thought. The strategy is simple. Get out Gengar and spread damge with its 1st attack. Use a React Energy with the attack. Pidgeot is there for obvious reasons. The Mew ex or Deoxys ex is there for finishing of the game. So give me lots of comments, suggestions, and opinions because I might run this for states. Discuss.

Last edited:
Yes use Curse Powder, 2-3 of them.

Also 1 ATM Rock is definately not enough. Its a key part of the strategy, so if its prized you're basically screwed. Use Desert Ruins as the Stadium, and take out Gengar ex. You'll never need to use a Gengar ex in this deck.

Alright, first off, no Gengar ex, no Mew ex or Deoxys ex. You want Ruins in this thing. Also, 3 Curse Powder most definatly. I've found that DRE isn't bad in this either.

PokeMontoya said:
Has any one thought about a 2-2 of UF Slowking in here?? Would get the tools pretty easily

thats a good point and it wud certainly free up pidgeot's quick search- but slowpoke starts? maybe a 1-1?

i was thinking a 2-1-2 dark amphy line actually. dunno how much that would affect consistency though.

hey my list it's like the yours =) i think that you can put out some energies cause you need just 2 for every gengar , you can put more trainers like G.Ball for Pidgey or another Curse/Atm(if one of them is prized) or Pow!( this is really cool into this deck)
Good Luck!

Last edited:
that trainer line is extremely slow...what, are you trying to LUCK yourself into a candied gengar??? At LEAST play Lanette's...but everyone knows theres a better card out there. I'll let you figure out what it is. Ohhhh wait..you're trying to get a first turn pidgeot...well, if that doesn't work out, then what? You're list is basically saying that if you don't get it early, you admin/copycat to try and get the candied pidgeot/candied gengar. there are more consistant ways to play this stuff guys

Thunderbolt said:
gives you more energy
example drop gastly+rare candy+gengar
play react energy for your turn to gengar,bring back a psychic with metagross after you switch gengar to the active postion,now you are doing 4 counters instead of 2,it saves you a turn and metagross makes almost any psychic deck consistent,need more explanation?

why is DRE a staple? so pidge can do 30 and gengar can do 50? whoopee! gengar's first attack only needs a psy and a react to place 4 counters, and that's the goal of the deck anyways. why water down the energy base with something not even necessary?

energy should look like this:
4 React
1 Cyclone
3 Holon ton/trode (save ur react before gengar bites the dust and hit for 60)
8 Psychic

and at least 2 holon lass should be run in anything that needs react. wasting a QS for it is dumb.

metagross is unnecessary. gengars only need a react and a psy, and since ur controlling their ohko's w/ gengar's power and curse powder, having time to put an energy on a benched gastly/haunter/gengar shouldn't be too hard. metagross adds another stage 2 line to the mix, which is really hard to do since gengar needs so many trainers to be able to work, like curse powder, atm, pow!, etc.

oh, btw, haunters should be split frlg/lm. if u run 3 haunters, 1 of them should at least be frlg. head trip is a nice way to get out of paralysis/sleep in a pinch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back