Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oregon State Championship - March 4, 2006

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information
Date - Saturday, March 4th, 2006
Time - 10:00 AM (registration) 11:00 AM (play begins) The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours
Three Age Divisions - 10 & under / 11 to 14 / 15 & over
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
Cost - FREE
Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]
Food - We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break after the main tournament ends. There are a number of fast food restaurants located within 1 mile of the Morrison Center. Players are welcome to bring their lunch and eat on site.

Prizes Prizes Prizes
· The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (10 & under, 11 to 14, 15 & over) get the following prizes:
1st Place - 36 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship Trophy, Prize Bag,
4-day Origins pass and $300 travel allowance for Nationals (must be claimed at Nationals)
2nd Place - 16 Pokémon Booster Packs
3rd Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs
4th Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs
5-8th Place - 4 Pokémon Booster Packs
· All players get to pick from the “Mystery Box”, which contains a random selection of Pokémon Foils, Black Star Promo cards and ???
· Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

*** There will be a policy of one and done for State Championships this year. Once a player has won a State they may not play in another. Winning a State does not prevent the player from playing in and winning a Regional, Gym or National Championship Tournament.

Side Events
Based on interest, we will hold the following side events after the main tournament ends.​

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: You will get a random theme deck (newer sets) and two boosters to use in putting together a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 25-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all three rounds). Prizes will be most likely be EX Deoxys Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

BOOSTER DRAFT TOURNAMENT: You will get six boosters (newer sets), which will be drafted in pods of 8 players. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three 25-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be Pokemon Boosters for 1st - 4th places.
Entry fee - $15.00

GAMEBOY ADVANCE TOURNAMENT: Revised Rules!!! Throughout the day, there will be a Gameboy advance tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own GBA and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the GBA tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mew, Mewtwo, Latias, Latios, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi are banned; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Slack Off, Soft Boiled, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided if needed)

BDS

Last edited:
WOW>>>>>

I plan on being there to PLAY FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelix ex or Meganium EX.........

WHo from washington will attend????

Spam alert..

HEre is a triple post....

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Daddy Snorlax said:
Certain powers (Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Slack Off, Soft Boiled, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark).
Entry fee - FREE (Link cables will be provided if needed)

BDS
I guess I'll point out the inevitable flaw... you still forgot to add Milk Drink to that list(we've already seen what happens when it's allowed). lol

Nice Double Post Pokeplayer. lol

It's a safe bet that a number of players from Salem will be in attedance, but I'm not sure if I'll personally be attending.

It's not a double post if there is a month between the two posts.:rolleyes:

Pokeplayer - Everyone from Washington will be there. You don't even have to ask.

Jeremy Badeaux said:
I guess I'll point out the inevitable flaw... you still forgot to add Milk Drink to that list(we've already seen what happens when it's allowed). lol
Milk Drink has been added to the list.

BDS

Ancient Pokemon Trainer said:
No Unlimited side event? Come on BDS pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! You HAVE to have an unlimited side event!
We'll save the Unlimited tournament for Regionals. :biggrin:

BDS

oh come on! We need unlimited Side events! They test the true skill of players and thier pokemon knowledge.

Plus I broke the format for Unl.

Come on =(

The red star on your map is where you are heading.

For good directions, go here: http://maps.google.com/

Click "get directions," input your starting address, and for ending address, put in: 11456 NE Knott St, Portland OR

That's the site I use to get directions.

See you there!

Back