Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Fun & Competetive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLombardi21

Since the new rules and ways to get to worlds was out to the public i've seen so many people complain about the tcg. I've seen posts where people have been so angry they will quit due to invite and prize structure. Now ya i know to have fun you have to be competetive and winning is always great. But even if you cant attend worlds. Theres League, Citys, States, Regionals, Battle Roads, Nationals, Prereleases, Prof. Cup. Thats 8 events other than worlds. OP isn't trying to cheat you in having fun. Its not all about worlds. Worlds players who are truely the best and achieved a goal that OP asked them will get invited. Worlds top 4 last year, Rating, Nationals. This shouldnt make players so angry and quit or do something stupid. Every game has a competetive and fun side. Far as i know pokemon always had that. Sports, Video Games, etc. Its all alot of things. I mean for people that cant attend events often like other players its not your fault or anyone else's. Its just do what you can do. Almost everything is fun and competetive.
Well any comments on this would be appreciated.

Different people play for different reasons. Some people automatically think that they deserve a worlds trip and get very grumpy if they don't. Personally I think the new system truly makes it the best of the best going to worlds.

Gdog121TheChamp said:
Now ya i know to have fun you have to be competetive
That's the attitude that made me stop posting in this forum. Totally immature outlook.

...but I am still lurking:thumb:

Pokemon still wants you to get crunk. I don't understand why people aren't happy. If you wanna act a fool with Delta, it's all good. You and your set can get hyphey. It's okay!

I got back into the game with the idea that I'm playing to win. I wouldn't have gotten back into it just to have fun, the competition was the appeal for me.

mattalvis said:
I got back into the game with the idea that I'm playing to win. I wouldn't have gotten back into it just to have fun, the competition was the appeal for me.

true dat

same deal with me

Martin said:
Pokemon still wants you to get crunk. I don't understand why people aren't happy. If you wanna act a fool with Delta, it's all good. You and your set can get hyphey. It's okay!

rofl. Martin you DANK.

What is with all these threads about fun vs. competitive play and cutthroat attitudes and the lack of a friendly atmosphere? I don't think any of you quite understand why you play the game...

Take a look at the link in my signature to find the real answer to that question.

Agreed guys, you play to win the game, because the truth is out there. And when you find the truth, you can play to win the game.

To expand further on my last post, this fandom has become so obsessed with being competitive that nothing else matters. Plus, it's so bad that everyone here looks down on people that don't play competitively... and there's really no logical excuse for that.

FACT: The pokemon TCG is only a game. Not a sport, but a game. Games are meant to be fun over all else. It's not gonna be the end of the world if you lose, and you'll still most likely have fun. UNLESS you just play for the prizes, then the actual chore lies in going through a game you don't actually enjoy to get the thing that you do truly enjoy: The prize. And that IMO, is the wrong reason to play any game.

Is the game THAT boring... to ignore anything about the game except the object of it? Don't any of you enjoy even the strategical nature of the game, or think that's too much of an obstacle to win as well? At least have the decency to recognize why other people play and not see them as worthless second-rate players if they're not as cutthroat as you are.

Whoever says that it "isn't just a game" should really get a life... IMO.

it stopped being a game once thousands of dollars in scholarships went up for grabs. now it is a cutthroat competition and may the best pokemon master win.

pringlemasterlol said:
it stopped being a game once thousands of dollars in scholarships went up for grabs. now it is a cutthroat competition and may the best pokemon master win.
WRONG. There's nothing wrong with casual playing, especially with those of us who don't need a scholorship.

Casual players aren't in any of these wolves' way for their big slab of scholorship steak. Just shut up and accept that there's another type of player than you.

charking said:
WRONG. There's nothing wrong with casual playing, especially with those of us who don't need a scholorship.

Casual players aren't in any of these wolves' way for their big slab of scholorship steak. Just shut up and accept that there's another type of player than you.

Casual players still play to win? Isn't that the point of the game? To take 6 prizes before your opponent does, in other words... win?
Does anybody play this game to lose?

Sure it's a game but so is Poker. Who plays Poker casually? The people who give the competitive players money. Just like the "casual" players in this game will give points to the competitive players. It might not be nice but that's the way things are right now, with this new system.

There's nothing wrong with casual playing, but that's how things are. Blame the system, not the players.

higumaotoshi said:
Casual players still play to win? Isn't that the point of the game? To take 6 prizes before your opponent does, in other words... win?
Does anybody play this game to lose?
I wasn't refering to the actual rulebook-defined object of the game, but rather the goal of tournaments/organized play.

higumaotoshi said:
Sure it's a game but so is Poker. Who plays Poker casually? The people who give the competitive players money. Just like the "casual" players in this game will give points to the competitive players. It might not be nice but that's the way things are right now, with this new system.
Poker don't have cute li'l monsters on the cards, and don't actually make an attempt to simulate combat between said cute creatures. That's the difference... it gives more reasons to like the game for more than a competitive hobby.

higumaotoshi said:
There's nothing wrong with casual playing, but that's how things are. Blame the system, not the players.
And the system isn't the problem. It's the greedy players that merely see the cards as tools to use in their ultimate goal. And as much as they'd like to think so, THEY DON'T NEED TO THINK THAT WAY.

Im playing just for fun right now but in the long run I plan to play to win and maybe even go to worlds eventually but for right now I play to have fun.

Out of all the events you mentioned I have only been to 2 pre-realease and 1 CC's and I had way more fun at the pre release because it was less more compatitive but then at CC's I was reminded why I want to play the game. I want to play the game to win but for now I know I will just have to settle for playing for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back