Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PSP or 3DS?

JewelQuest

I want to get a new portable system(I have already got a DS lite), but I am not sure which one to pick. I intend to get both eventually, I just need help picking out which one to get first.

Reasons for getting either:

PSP

I want the Birth By Sleep game(Can't do Youtube)
I wouldn't mine the movies(Lol, can't sleep at night, watch a movie in my room)

3DS

My siblings think they are all going to get one
Pokemon Rumble

Costs:

PSP+Game+Traveling case=170+

3DS+Game= 200+

Is there anything anyone can tell me about the features, good games to get, and other things about both systems?

Thank you.

I'd recommend the 3DS. The two main problems with the console originally (price and the lack of games) both aren't really relevant any more, and I'm really impressed with the console as a whole. There are some great games coming out like Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, Metal Gear Sold and Kid Icarus all within the next few months.

If your siblings end up getting a 3DS each, nothing beats multiplayer Mario Kart!

If you can find one that's got Ambassador status, pick up the 3DS.

Otherwise, wait until PSVita is released. That thing looks TIGHT.

Since you're interested in Kingdom Hearts I would highly recommend the 3DS since a Dream Drop Distance is coming out. Also you can also play Super Mario Land, and a number of other games that are coming out.

Also it has Netflix capability

Do a comparison of what games developers you like in regards to what series/titles you play the most. Which ever system provides the most titles/series - there ya go.

Take into consideration all of what the features are on each and what you want to be able to do with the system.

Or, buy both, or buy one, and hint around for your b-day or Christmas-(which ever is closest) or just want money/gift cards to a particulate place you would want to buy one from.

I'd recommend the 3DS. The two main problems with the console originally (price and the lack of games) both aren't really relevant any more, and I'm really impressed with the console as a whole. There are some great games coming out like Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, Metal Gear Sold and Kid Icarus all within the next few months.

If your siblings end up getting a 3DS each, nothing beats multiplayer Mario Kart!

I'll have to look into Mario Kart, is it Online only, or is it Wireless(Dad doesn't let us do Wi-Fi)

If you can find one that's got Ambassador status, pick up the 3DS.

Otherwise, wait until PSVita is released. That thing looks TIGHT.

Ambassador status?????

Since you're interested in Kingdom Hearts I would highly recommend the 3DS since a Dream Drop Distance is coming out. Also you can also play Super Mario Land, and a number of other games that are coming out.

Also it has Netflix capability

Ok.

Do a comparison of what games developers you like in regards to what series/titles you play the most. Which ever system provides the most titles/series - there ya go.

Take into consideration all of what the features are on each and what you want to be able to do with the system.

Or, buy both, or buy one, and hint around for your b-day or Christmas-(which ever is closest) or just want money/gift cards to a particulate place you would want to buy one from.

I have a limited range of online, so I can't just look stuff up, I've got to get Mom or Dad to look it up for me.
But I'll look at stuff at Gamestop and Target.

I WOULD say go 3ds.
But I'm the partial till waiting for a special edition prior buying the product.
HOWEVER, I am starting to think that it won't happen till next year or so.
However, I'm still with 3ds.

The Ambassador program was a program set-up by Nintendo to compensate early buyers of the 3DS when it was announced the price was going to drop. It allows free downloads of 20 specific games. These include NES games like the original Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Metroid and 7 other NES games, and will later update with 10 more free GBA games to complete the 20.

It was only available to early adopters of the 3DS though.

The Ambassador program was a program set-up by Nintendo to compensate early buyers of the 3DS when it was announced the price was going to drop. It allows free downloads of 20 specific games. These include NES games like the original Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Metroid and 7 other NES games, and will later update with 10 more free GBA games to complete the 20.

It was only available to early adopters of the 3DS though.

Sounds interesting. Thank you for explaining that. :D

I have another question, is it true that you can play games for DS lite and other DS systems on the 3DS?

Sounds interesting. Thank you for explaining that. :D

I have another question, is it true that you can play games for DS lite and other DS systems on the 3DS?

Yes, that is true. DS games can be played on a 3DS.

And personally if you want a PSP then I'd just wait until Vita comes out to get that instead.

Geez, by the sound of it your dad is one paranoid dude when it comes to the internet if he's blocking so much stuff, though I'm sure you'll learn how to undo it in time.

Anyways, 3DS > PSP, though the Vita doesn't look half bad actually. I'd wait personally to see if the rumors of the 3DS getting dual slider pads is true or not though.

3DS due to the fact of the new games that'll be awesome for it and the lack of games for PSP.

If the demos shown at E3 this year are all launch titles, then the Vita will have one HECK of a gaming library out of the box.

Yeah, but Vita is so different from the PSP. I would LOVE to have the Vita, it's like a smartphone, but no calling. I thought it's pretty amazing. But as it stands now, PSP<3DS.

We are getting the second slider pad extension, and it's called the Circle Pad Pro

If the demos shown at E3 this year are all launch titles, then the Vita will have one HECK of a gaming library out of the box.

Let's not forget that many games were revealed for the 3DS and none of them were launch titles, so it's probably best to be skeptical about that.

Yes, that is true. DS games can be played on a 3DS.

And personally if you want a PSP then I'd just wait until Vita comes out to get that instead.

Also when using DS games on a 3DS you are able to use the Slider pad instead of the D-pad.

Great! :D :D

Geez, by the sound of it your dad is one paranoid dude when it comes to the internet if he's blocking so much stuff, though I'm sure you'll learn how to undo it in time.

Anyways, 3DS > PSP, though the Vita doesn't look half bad actually. I'd wait personally to see if the rumors of the 3DS getting dual slider pads is true or not though.

I really don't want to undo it at this point. And he is isn't paranoid, just protective.

3DS due to the fact of the new games that'll be awesome for it and the lack of games for PSP.

Yeah, but Vita is so different from the PSP. I would LOVE to have the Vita, it's like a smartphone, but no calling. I thought it's pretty amazing. But as it stands now, PSP<3DS.

We are getting the second slider pad extension, and it's called the Circle Pad Pro

Let's not forget that many games were revealed for the 3DS and none of them were launch titles, so it's probably best to be skeptical about that.

I think I've pretty much decided to get a 3DS. Can any of you suggest some really good games for it that you've played/heard about?

Some good games sure

Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Cave Story 3D
Virtual Console games (ie Link's Awakening)

Games coming out
MGS3
KH DDD
Mariokart 7

to name a few

Back