Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rising Rivals Prerelease Events in Virginia!

totoro

Do you have the Eye of the Tiger?
Can you rise to the challenge of your rival?

Find out at any of the 4 locations for the Pokémon TCG Platinum: Rising Rivals Prerelease Events going on in Virginia!! Dates and Locations:
Saturday, May 9: Warrenton (Hobbies, etc).
Preregistration not required, but Warrenton has a CHAIR shortage!! Please bring a folding chair (or 2!)
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Registration time: 11 AM—noon

Sunday, May 10: Midlothian (Battle City Games).
Address: Victorian Square Shopping Center, 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112 (between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet--look for Cresselia in the window!)
Give mom some time off by coming to play Pokémon! (or bring her along for some fun, too!!)
Give Cary or Daryl a call at (804) 276-7529 to preregister. We can accommodate a lot, but it's nice to know how many tables to set up in advance!!

Saturday, May 16: Fairfax (Hobby Works).
Online Preregistration required players MUST visit http://virginiapokemon.googlepages.com/preregistration.html and fill out the online registration
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 1 at 11:00
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 2 at 3:00
These events are BIG, so please preregister!! Due to time constraints at this venue, there will be no lunch breaks!

Sunday, May 17: Virginia Beach (Comic Kings).
Preregistration is not required.
Address: 5196 Fairfield Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, 23464

All events will feature the main event (players receive 6 boosters, make a 40 card deck, and try it out in a tournament) or the Theme Deck Challenge (play with a brand new, unreleased theme deck) All players will receive extra booster packs by completing the event, (2 for the main event and 4 for the TDC) a specially selected stamped promo card, and a set of 60 themed card sleeves.
Admission is $25.00

Come and make some new friends..... or some new Rivals!!

Last edited:
Find out any any of the 4 locations for the Pokémon TCG Platinum: Rising Rivals Prerelease Events going on in Virginia!!
Still sleeping off Regionals when you wrote that? :biggrin:

Alright, time for some directions if anyone would like to know how to get to the Fairfax location using public transportation. These will benefit anyone who wants to come in by Metro or from GMU. Also, any students parked at GMU won't have to fight any mall traffic or risk losing their parking spot on campus. There are also three free parking areas in Old Town Fairfax.

More information about the CUE Bus can be found here: http://www.cuebus.org/

GMU Students ride the CUE Bus for FREE with a valid GMU ID. High School students with valid ID ride for 65 cents. If paying with a SmartTrip card, fare is $1.25, if paying with cash it is $1.35. CUE Busses do NOT give change.

**All From times are at latest. Feel free to take an earlier bus.

Flight 1:
From Vienna Metro station (Orange Line):
Take CUE Green 1 10:35am, getting off at stop 105 (closest time point: Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 10:54am. Stop 105 is at the entrance to Fair City Mall from Picket Rd's side. Do NOT cross the street. Go towards the movie theater.

From Old Town Fairfax:
Take Cue Green 2 10:32am, getting on at stop 23 at the intersection of Main Street and Chain Bridge Rd (closest time point is Fairfax Blvd & Chain Bridge Rd) going to George Mason University. Continue From George Mason University instructions. Stay on bus.

From George Mason University:
Take CUE Green 2 10:40am, getting off at stops 45 (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 10:53am. You will have to cross the street to get to Fair City Mall.

To Vienna Metro station (Orange Line):
Take CUE Green 2 3:23pm, getting on at stop 47 across the street (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 3:42pm

To George Mason University and Old Town Fairfax:
Take CUE Green 1 3:24pm, getting on at stop 108 (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 3:37pm. Do NOT cross the street, the stop is on the mall side.
If going to Old Town Fairfax, stay on bus. Get off at stops 129 (at the gas station after Fairfax County Courthouse) or 130 (The former Fairfax Library location).

Flight 2:
From Vienna Metro station (Orange Line):
Take CUE Green 1 2:00pm, getting off at stop 105 (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 2:19pm. Stop 105 is at the entrance to Fair City Mall from Picket Rd's side. Do NOT cross the street. Go towards the movie theater.

From Old Town Fairfax:
Take Cue Green 2 1:57pm, getting on at stop 23 at the intersection of Main Street and Chain Bridge Rd (closest time point is Fairfax Blvd & Chain Bridge Rd) going to George Mason University. Continue From George Mason University instructions. Stay on bus.

From Main Street & Jermantown Rd
Take CUE Gold 2 1:38pm getting on at stop 76. Get off at George Mason University at 1:51pm. Continue from George Mason University instructions. If you paid with a SmartTrip card, you transfer busses for free up to 3 hours. If you paid by cash, you'll have to pay again.

From George Mason University:
Take CUE Green 2 2:05pm, getting off at stop 45 (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 2:18pm. You will have to cross the street to get to Fair City Mall.

To Vienna Metro station (Orange Line):
Take CUE Green 2 6:48pm, getting on at stop 47 across the street (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 7:07pm

To George Mason University and Main Street & Jermantown Rd:
Take CUE Green 1 6:49pm, getting on at stop 108 (closest time point Main St and Pickett Rd), arriving at 7:02pm. Do NOT cross the street, the stop is on the mall side.
If going to Main Street & Jermantown Rd get off at GMU. Take CUE Gold 1 7:15pm, arriving at 7:28pm.

The CUE Green 1 also goes past the Red, Hot & Blue in Old Town Fairfax.

Last edited:
SECOND!!!

(I've always wanted to bust into a thread like "SECOND POST!"... dont' understand the significance, but it's silly, therefore i must...)

We'll be there.

Nothing more to say. Just... I'm second.

Third!

Anyway, depending on if my League players plan on going, I might be at Warrenton or Fairfax (maybe both!) I'll know for sure by the beginning of next month.

Fourth! I won't be at any of them except Fairfax this time. APWK, which ones are you going to?

Seventh. I want your Gallade 4s. <3 <3 <3 <3

I'll probably be at Warrenton, but I'm not sure because my community theater has tryouts on the same day.

9th!!!! Take that! and i told my fathere about regionals and he was like... no wonder there were so many cars overe here...LOL

12th! YESSS!

I'll be at Virginia Beach (I ALWAYS BE REPPIN' THE VB!!!) and possibly Midlo because I can't wait a whole week for the RR cards!

Fourth! I won't be at any of them except Fairfax this time. APWK, which ones are you going to?

Wow. I just realized that question was for ME! (ahahahaa @ random looking acronym! :lol:)

Honestly, I don't know. It kinda depends on whether I'm judging any or not.
Can't do Fairfax though because I have to attend/am in charge of ... a field trip.

Rogue Archetype, you are such a bad influence :rolleyes: :lol:

heheheheheee... Had no idea that it was a MAD WORLD and I was its leader! :thumb:

Yes, I agree... :nonono:
How about actually posting which events you'll be attending in addition to your number-- then your numbers amount to something more than a big, pink, spiced ham??
This post leaves me feeling empty. It lacks a kind of signature sharp stinging criticism, extreme one-sidedness, and rhetorical open-endness that we all have grown so fond of and adds a certain quality to the Pokegym :rolleyes:.

:tongue:

Back