Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SE WI FR/LG Prerelease NOW 8/28!

Broken Lizard

:pokeball: Fire Red :fire: Leaf Green :grass: Prerelease changed to Saturday, 8/28!

We had 23 players for our Team Draft Tournament last month, and I'm sure we'll have more for this!

This is the easiest and cheapest way for everyone to get all the new cards, so be sure to tell all your friends. I am open to sanctioning a side event afterward, but I need to know what format you want it to be.

Here's all the info you'll need:

Hobbytown USA
17115-C Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53005
Saturday, August 28th, 2004
Doors open at 10 A.M.
Registration begins at 10:30 A.M.
Tournament starts at 11 A.M.
COST: Only $15!

Reply with your suggestions for a side event format!

Last edited:
Well, um I won't be there. You see, I have a prior engagement in La Crosse that day. ;) I don't think it was avoidable, though.

Isn't there going to be a Theme Deck Challange as a supplimental to the FR/LG prerelease thing? That'd be pretty nice if it were run as a real TDC, using a PCD and 2 boosters to construct a 40 card deck, prizes TBD by attendance or something like that......

I dunno. The TDC sounds like a nice idea, and it went down pretty well like that over here for HL pre...

There are two things I don't like about the TDC option:

1) It is supposed to be run as a parallel alternative to the main sealed event. This splits the players into 2 different events. I prefer to have a single, larger sealed event.

2) The TDC is run with only the 2 theme decks from the new set. A TDC with only 2 different theme decks is... lame.

However, I LOVE theme deck challenges. I'd be glad to run one as a side event!

I have a large stock of older theme decks just for this purpose. We'd have at least 12 different theme decks in play. This would be much more diverse and interesting than using only the 2 FR/LG decks.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure how long I'll be able to stay there. This is the 2nd half of my "Chicago Pokemon Marathon" weekend, starting with 2 TRU and a pre on Saturday, plus I have school on the Monday (I think, not sure when the holidays are over here...)

Bullados:

I'm sorry to inform you (and everyone else) that, due to a conflict, I needed to change the Brookfield prerelease from Sunday to Saturday.

I hope most of the people who planned to come still can, and that those who also had conflicts can now come!

Makes it better 4 me. Chicago is on the Sunday. I just have to miss the TRU stuff, that's all...

I'm pretty sure i can make it, have to see when i have to move back to school though. i want to go to chi's too if its the day after.

I'm coming. My cousin will be too.

However, about going to another event Sunday, I haven't talked to the Millers yet. I will, so maybe I'll end up in Chicago... or Manitowoc... or La Crosse... Who knows where they are going. I'll get back to you on that for sure.

~Hyp~ ;)

"I'll end up in Chicago... or Manitowoc... or La Crosse... Who knows where they are going."

For some crazy insane reason, I'll be in La Crosse, if that helps. ;)

Yes Yoshi that will facture into where i end up.
Team CHi-town will most likly end up going to manitiwoc.
-DAve III

I'm from Green Bay and currently plan to attend the Mantiowac one on the 29th. I haven't done a pre-release tournament before as I just started played the game again May 8th. You think it would be worth my trip down to Brookefield to compete? How many players are you expecting? Here we've down 2 sealed HL tournies which I did well in. I won the first going 5-0 then went 2-2 in the second. Had some poor draws in the second one. We had about 12 players for each of those.

menoknow said:
I'm from Green Bay and currently plan to attend the Mantiowac one on the 29th. I haven't done a pre-release tournament before as I just started played the game again May 8th. You think it would be worth my trip down to Brookefield to compete? How many players are you expecting? Here we've down 2 sealed HL tournies which I did well in. I won the first going 5-0 then went 2-2 in the second. Had some poor draws in the second one. We had about 12 players for each of those.

Brookfield's attendance usually depends on 2 things.
A. The date
B. The type of tournament

Because of the date, Brookfield's attendance should by higher than average. We love the competition, so come on down.

AXE said:
Yes Yoshi that will facture into where i end up.
Team CHi-town will most likly end up going to manitiwoc.
-DAve III

*does happy dance* :D :D :D :cool: ;)

LOL, that's good 4 me, lol :D :cool:

Back