Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sportsmanship Awards

My little sister won a Sportsmanship Award in 10-. I'm estatic....it'll definately help me get the cards I need...too bad they were short on FR/LG boxes...they have to mail us ours. ^^;

For those who don't already know, the Sportsmanship Award winners received Pokemon for a year (each expansion box will be sent to their house).
-Phil

JasonthePwnda said:
all the people that went 0-7 had good sportsmanship awards, obviously. and the people that complained the most got it too.

I hate to say it, but Jason's right. I mean, if I could, I would give Pramawat Pokemon for a year, but it's still kind of ridiculous. I mean, AJ showed great sportsmanship, and to my knowledge, I was a friendly, kind opponent, lol ^_^

JasonthePwnda said:
all the people that went 0-7 had good sportsmanship awards, obviously. and the people that complained the most got it too.

Well Patrick Kewely won one and he was in top 8. He didn't get angry when he forgot to discard his supporter 3 times and got a game lost. He was like okay whatever i lost. so he got awarded a good sportmanship award for not freaking out.

This good sportsmanship is ridiculous! So if you lost every single game you get a better prize than those who work there butts off to actualy win. Although some of the people I did observe deserved the award but seriously those that ran this event should not have spoken or advertised for this award. All this award served as is a doggy treat for those that thought, if they pat the judges on the backs and clap every time someone with a referee T-shirt said something they would get a reward. This should have been something where know one knows about a reward, and a judge sees someone do whatever out of the ordinary, follow this person up through the tournament then give the person or persons a token of gratitude. Also it would have been nice to know what many of the people did to get them the award. I saw many people especially in the 10- group doing good deeds. So maybe instead of giving particular people Poke boxes for a year I think packs could have been given to everyone at Worlds.( Of course I'm not an expert at public relations).

Last edited:
Dragon Master said:
This good sportsmanship is ridiculous! So if you lost every single game you get a better prize than those who work there butts off to actualy win. Although some of the people I did observe deserved the award but seriously those that ran this event should not have spoken or advertised for this award. All this award served as is a doggy treat for those that thought, if they pat the judges on the backs and clap every time someone with a referee T-shirt said something they would get a reward. This should have been something where know one knows about a reward, and a judge sees someone do whatever out of the ordinary, follow this person up through the tournament then give the person or persons a token of gratitude. Also it would have been nice to know what many of the people did to get them the award. I saw many people especially in the 10- group doing good deeds. So maybe instead of giving particular people Poke boxes for a year I think packs could have been given to everyone at Worlds.( Of course I'm not an expert at public relations).
People who were WINNING got the award too. That didn't have anything to do with the sportsmanship award. I was going 2-1 when I recieved it.Also clapping and such had nothing to do with it either.
The judges were looking fo people who didn't get upset after loosing, peoples who shook hands with others even after a loss,people who turned themselves in for their own mistakes :p , and stuff along those lines.

Rainbowgym said:
What a unsportive voices do I read here.

I'm not unsportive, I am just relaying comments of quite a few angry parents at this event so perhaps Nintendo next year can do things a little bit better. I prefer to call this constructive criticism.

Dragon Master said:
I'm not unsportive, I am just relaying comments of quite a few angry parents at this event so perhaps Nintendo next year can do things a little bit better. I prefer to call this constructive criticism.

Dragon Master,

If there were angry parents out there, please have them contact POP directly ([email protected] ). We certainly didn't see them there. And your comments were more on the lines of "Destructive Critisism" instead of constructive.

Please don't start another smear campaign like you guys did in Nevada.

Hagrid23

Moltres423 said:
People who were WINNING got the award too. That didn't have anything to do with the sportsmanship award. I was going 2-1 when I recieved it.Also clapping and such had nothing to do with it either.
The judges were looking fo people who didn't get upset after loosing, peoples who shook hands with others even after a loss,people who turned themselves in for their own mistakes :p , and stuff along those lines.

I realize that people who were winning received the award as well. But you have also stated my point. Though I do realize there are many kind-hearted people out there, because they stated there was going to be an award for being a good sport of course people are going to turn themselves in for stuff they do wrong, not get frustrated if they lose, and really if you don't want to shake your oppents hand after winning or losing a game (except on certain occasions when your oppent is sneezing in there hands through the match) why even bother playing.? It is pretty pointless for me to state anything because almost everyone looks for whats wrong in what someone writes, never really looking at the meaning below the surface.

Hagrid23 said:
Dragon Master,

If there were angry parents out there, please have them contact POP directly ([email protected] ). We certainly didn't see them there. And your comments were more on the lines of "Destructive Critisism" instead of constructive.

Please don't start another smear campaign like you guys did in Nevada.

Hagrid23

The parents that you ask about after my matches were in the main lobby in those comfortable chairs across from deck registration. I apoligize if I offended anyone with my comments and I mean for only constructive comments. I was not affiliated with any smear campaign in Nevada, that was strictly between two other individuals.

The Sportsmanship Award was never announced. They were handed out on a whim, without players knowing it until winners were presented with prizes. You're making it sound like players had previous knowledge about the potential award and were just sucking up to the staff... which did not happen. =/

It was impossible to give out awards to everyone who was playing with the Spirit of the Game in mind. I elected several kids in my age group... there were many people who deserved one. No reason to relentlessly bash the award.
-Phil

Last edited:
Back