Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

That Mew ex/Manectric ex thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewchou

OK, I wasn't at the Midwest Regional, but I was intrigued at the mysterious Mew ex/Manectric ex deck that did so well. Since I couldn't find out what was in it except Mew ex and Manectric ex, I thought about it, and came up with this. While I'm sure this is FAR inferior to the real thing, it actually tested pretty well. Anyway, here it is. And I take NO CREDIT for this idea whatsoever.

Updated version
Pokemon - 16
4 Mew ex
4 Electrike (Recharge)
3 Manectric ex
4 Deoxys ex (all 4 versions!)
1 Lugia ex

Trainers - 28
4 Claw Fossil
2 Root Fossil
3 Prof. Elm
3 Holon Transceiver
3 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
2 Switch/WP
4 Mary's Request
2 Rocket's Admin
4 Power Tree

Energy - 16
5 Psychic
7 Lightning
4 Holon's Electrode

Good start would be Mew ex active with Lightning energy, Electrike on the bench, Recharge. Turn 2, attach Psychic, evolve to Manectric ex, hit something for 80. Turn 3, drop another Electrike and Recharge with Mew ex. Turn 4, hit something for 80. Repeat. Mew ex can also recharge himself with his own attack, then hide on the bench behind Fossils or Rhydon. I guess a switch/wp or two wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, whoever came up with the combo deserves some credit, Moss, Seena, whoever it was :thumb: I wish I could come up with something like that.

Again, this is not my idea and may not represent their idea at all except for Mew/Manny. But it's the best I can do since I wasn't there :frown:
Oh, and sorry if I'm spoiling anything :tongue:

OK, after I wrote this, I saw the Manectric ex thread in Single Card Strategy

Last edited:
well you should force them to evo their squrtle/pidgey without rare candy by using Disconnect, then kill the evoed thing to eliminate that line. other than that... i dunno either:wink:

you need atm rock here cause 80's not gonna be enough for alot of pokemon

Plus you could spread damage on the field and rock them for multiple prizes

Great ideas, but the problem with ATM rock is that no Pokemon can use it.

Pokemon - 16
4 Mew ex
4 Electrike (Recharge)
3 Manectric ex
4 Deoxys ex (all 4 versions!)
1 Lugia ex

Trainers - 28
4 Claw Fossil
2 Root Fossil
3 Prof. Elm
3 Holon Transceiver
2 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Scientist
2 Switch/WP
4 Mary's Request
2 Rocket's Admin
4 Power Tree

Energy - 16
5 Psychic
7 Lightning
4 Holon's Electrode

BTW, I'm not planning on building this (I could never get all the cards, 12 ex!), but I'd like to get a good version to test my Regionals deck against. Any more suggestions?

hm... but with that deck you could do that:

T1: attach energy + recharge
T2: Mega Shot
T3: attach energy + recharge
T4: Mega Shot
T5: attach energy + recharge
T6: Mega Shot

so i don't think so that is so super effective... but maybe :>

i hate that recharge turn...... can't something better be done instead of letting mew get wacked in the head?

maybe instead of 4 deoxys EX run a 2-2 of something that prevents all effects of an attack, including damage, done to mew the next turn, or the active in this case... Who knows... any ideas?

nah...

it's more like:

T3: attach energy + power move
T4: elemental balst
T5: attach energy + power move
T6: elemental blast
or:
T3: Disconect
T4: Mega Shot (or elemental blast)

or:
T2: Psy burn
T3: power move
T4: elemental blast

Mew could use Power Move the next turn and switch out for a fossil so he doesn't get whacked. That is unless the opponent happens to be using a Steelix ex that can Mudslide next turn. Otherwise, he could always use any other 2 energy attack on the field.

Hmm, and why not squeeze LunaRock in there to cause more problems?

maybee, doing power move and recharge to get tons of energy and then use attack of normal deoxys.

But it's bad >.<

I think I see why this did so well! So what if you have to charge for 1 turn to almost gauruntee a KO. You only Need to draw six prizes, so you just snipe with megashot on Normal Pokemon and then use Elemental blast on ex's. With superscoop up's to keep everything healthy an in order, this is a very cool deck!

if you used mass destruction with mew ex, would the electrode or the mew get knocked out? just broadening my horizons here

Whenever an attack is transferred from one pokemon to another, the title is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back