Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The UnderDog That No One Saw Coming - GENESES

Omega_Prime

Congradulations to All Canadian players,

Hi, my name is Geneses not Genesis. This is literally my first time on this. I am the Canadian National Champion. Golem/Exploud EX (i am now naming this deck as "AWESOME SAUCE" so if you netdeck this please use this name :smile:)
I started in September right when Crystal Guardian was released. I was always the UnderDog into the season with a winning rate expectancy of almost 0. I came into Nationals with a full spirit in hopes to win my family a Wii :thumb:.
As it's already over the net now, i won with a Golom/Exploud EX, "AWESOME SAUCE", a deck created to counter a deck that i created at the beginning of D/P /Battle roads, the all powerful "GENESES" deck, Infernape/delcatty (named after me because i was the creator and popularized it here in East Canada, the West never even heard about it). No one saw it coming and saw the power it held. As it got more popular, more and more people believed it was going to be THEE national deck. So i was one step ahead of them, what could stop that deck and along the way defeat any other netdeck no problem. Infernape/Delcatty, Raieggs, Metanite, Flytechs, MSN, and Destiny, "AWESOME SAUCE" will do the job!
I'm doing this because there is so much talk about me and my deck now and i can't just sit back and watch it. Yes there's people who appreciate me and my deck, thank you very much, and there's haters that just don't know what they're talking about.

Yesterday had got to be the best day of my life. In swiss i went 5-2 making to top 16 cut.

Top 16
first round
Sarah Crestwell - Arcanine Ex LM, Typholsion UF/EX, and Ninetails PK
lost first round knocked all my pokemon.
second - Complete control 6-1 in prizes
third, called time on her turn but could not defeat a Exloud EX to go into sudden death.
(sorry Sara i didn't want to win on time, good sportsmanship)

Top 8
second round
Geoffrey Carr - FlyGod (Flygon Eeveelution)
(sorry if i spelt your name wrong)
first round - Complete control, 6-0 in prizes, didn't damage any of my pokemon.
second - complete control, opponent had a VERY bad hand(conceded).
(VERY good sportsmanship)

third round
Kant Shen - Infernape/Delcatty
first round - Complete control, Oppoent Conceded
second round - Geodude, warp point, self-destruct t3
(unfornately Kant knew the outcome before hand and accepted it with good sportsmanship)

FINALS
Finals
Bidier Jing - MSN (metagross, Steelix EX, Nidoqueen)
first round - played it out 6-3 in prizes
second round - t2 self-destruct
(dude, props man, you were the man! you did your best!)

Congradulations to all competitors who participated and tried their best. PROPS to EVERYONE who MADE their own decks. REMEMBER it's not the deck it's the PLAYER. NOTE: if you play a NETDECK, LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT!

Thank yous!

I loved ALL the support who stayed with me until the very end of the night. Shout out to ALL my Poke Fmaily who was always there for me.

thank you to...
all my oppoents for the last year, the experinces, and the friends i made along the way
to the Abrahams Poke Mentor (Paul, Joanne, Tara, and Brennan)
the Mckenzie-Boones Home of the Rogue (you know who you are)
and to the Pabunas the REAL family (Dad, Mom, Moises and Jr.)
thank you for the constant support, suggestions, faith and fun
to the judges i met along the way (Marvin, Garret, Mark and Mike)
for always finding the time to take interest in my victories.
TO MY BROTHER ULYSSES and MATTHEW KOO!!!
they both had the biggest impact in my success, from my failures to my victories. Always being by my side to give me a pep talk, to help me keep my focus (making me eat when i didn't want to) and keeping alive and ready. And for always making the right corrections and suggestions (warp points and prof. Rowan).

and to those i missed, i apologize please post to let me know that i did. thank you!
and to those who NEVER GAVE UP ON ME!

thank you!

Geneses - Canadian National Champion

P.S. - Remember "AWESOME SAUCE"

P.P.P.S. - even if i am a one it wonder... i'm Still the New Canadian National Champion

Last edited:
pokekid has been leaving negative post EVERYWHERE and doesn't stop, slandering all and everyone that he thinks is "lower than him"

Yes Andy, it was in the Masters, oh yes even if Pokekid did slander you as you claim you don't have to sink toward his level.

Lol too bad Sebastian didn't netdeck Destiny, he actually has played it before most of us, I think he even worked on it shortly after Jimmy helped make it!

Golem/Exploud..go Canada. ;x

Yah, I'm sure beating gordon on time (who actually makes and tests all of his decks months in advance), is really an accomplishment.

Sorry everyone who had to read it, it was not me to be like that. He was talking so much smack before reginals and can't leave anything nice to say for someone that's not his friend

Your personal problems aside, I don't see how insulting people who prepared for the event and bragging you made the deck the morning of makes any sense.

Sorry everyone who had to read it, it was not me to be like that. He was talking so much smack before reginals and can't leave anything nice to say for someone that's not his friend
So he talked junk? Who doesnt? You won, you got your paypack I guess, you know you have em till next year. Just you and him should know about it don't involve everyone else in it because your setting yourself out as the bad guy. Congradulations on playing a rogue now archtype deck and being a huge underdog and overcoming the adversity! Good Luck at worlds. :thumb:

Back