Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Top Decks at Regionals

Water Pokemon Master

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Forgive me (and lock) this topic if there is already one on it. I browsed through some of the forums where I thought this topic could be, but didn't see any. (I might be blind, though)

What do you think will make the most appearences at Regionals and why? With Battle Frontier making its appearance, a lot of the darkness decks will probably be more scarce than usual. I think that Blaziken's strength went back up with the release of BF, and Gardevoir's did as well. Zapdos also could be used a lot, even with that new ruling, and probably many other power/body disruption decks. What do you think will be seen the most and what will be the most effective (I don't want this to be a poll, but a discussion).

IMO battle frontier sucks LOL

well blaze is good as emerald has the new one and quite powerful
for gardy...the healing power is good but it wont go for big damage if it goes with gardy ex
zap-turn-dos,nah i tried this deck be4 ,not good at all

I see Rock-Lock and DragTrode decreasing in popularity big time, but I feel it will still be played. People are scared that it is truely dead because of BF, but I feel after Regionals, people won't see it's dead and the popularity will increase again.

I see blaziken being played a lot more. But I feel at the same time, Blaziken won't be as good as it was with Pidgeot, and most Blaziken decks won't run Pidgeot in fear of BF, which will probably be affected by Regionals.

Right now nobody knows how decks will do. So the best thing a player can do is try to play safe and that right now is playing decks that aren't affected by BF. Again, some players will try to challenge BF, and who knows what will be the outcome.

I think the same amount of Rogue decks will be in attendance. The game is in such a twist right now that it's near impossible to make a deck to do well against the big decks. Decks like STITCH or Pooka will have their work cut out for them.

The non-trainer Emerald cards will see some play. People will be testing out a few of the EX's atleast. There might even be a few couragous people who try some Emerald rogue decks with the starters or exploud, etc.

We will take another look at the game after Regionals and that is when the game will settle down and the big decks will stand out.

Srry for the double post but the decks I see doing well are:

Ludicargo
Vileplume
Sceptile maybe
possibly Blaze
Meta Steelix
possibly Gardy
possibly Sceppy
Lanturn variants

Ludicargo doesn't always beat blaze to clarify, I'm like 3-2 against blaze, maybe there's just something I'm doing wrong. I'm willing to admit one of those games was close, while in the other I saw no draw or search until turn 15 (there was no turn 15 folks).

I don't know about Zap-Turn-Dos decks winning. They were very inconsistant before BF and are even more inconsistant after BF. Take out Space Center for BF? :rolleyes: Some peoples mind's are blinded by trying to counter Ludicargo that they think Zapdos is the best deck. =/ Safeguard and lightning Pokemon hurt Zapdos, Scramble Energy makes it easier to k.o. Zapdos, and any deck that can withstand the first few turns can beat up Zappy. Also rogue Muk ex decks make Zappy turn from a great card into a piece of crap card. I think we will have a really great variety of decks out there. (Ludicago, Blaze, Gardy, Swampert, possibly Sceptile, Machamp. tons of rogues, etc.)

I think the two Decks That Have the Serious Power Now are Vileplume Ex and Ludicargo... I think Zappy comes close but is too risky...

Me Personally... I dont think Blaze will be dominant any more with Battle Frontier Coming out and will become a Tier 2 Deck... i dont think it will be able to compete as well without pidgeot... I also know if you switch Pidgeot for Magcargo the deck just doesnt work at all... The Other Decks Just Run Right Past it...

I think Ludicargo Will be the best but i think Vile Ex has a strong Match up against it...
Gardy might show an appearance and might get stronger with lack of Blaze being a strong deck... that may make Gardy a good choice to play...
My 2 Cents...
Drew

Last edited:
Blaze still have a chance of winning, despite Frontier, b/c all you need is 3 gyms and 1 Scott, so my opinion.
Ludicargo
Blaze
Meta Varients
Vex

supertyranitar said:
Blaze still have a chance of winning, despite Frontier, b/c all you need is 3 gyms and 1 Scott, so my opinion.
Ludicargo
Blaze
Meta Varients
Vex

Gotta love the Ludicargo...arriba...arriba!!!

These are what I think will be played:

Ludicolo- Very quick with the swing dance smooth over combo.Its attack can be devistating if you have a full bench.It just loses to anything electric though.(Zap,Lanturn,ect.)

Dark Dragonite-Alot of people think Draggy is dead in the water cause of frontier but with the help of scott and counter gyms it can overcome them.

Zapdos- People will play these to counter the Ludicolo decks going around.A Turn 2 Zapdos guarantess a win vs Ludi.

Vileplume- You can battle frontier lock them an stop all their candies an such.It has a disruptive attack that leaves the opponent with a 50% attack of attacking.

Back