Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mercury being huge this year?

zapper said:
Well, no it didnt. Why? LBS

LBS > Deck (no1 used Quaza* b4...). BUT this year...watch out. Gardy D ex will put a HUGE thingy into this deck.

Another thing to beat bannette: Deoxys ex (Defense).
thingy? What is this "thingy" you speak of?

You seem to think one card will save you 100% of the time.

I was being sarcastic in my earlier post. This deck will never win any tournament, not even non-premier events. That's just how bad it is, and this was going to the one who started this thread.

o_O

It's really not bad geeze.

Did you ever play it? Did you ever face it? If you didn't, how could you know?

Sure you could go and ditch it, but not if you never tried it.

you go girl :p

Oh and i find it cool how every mercury thread gets so many replies if you all thinks it suck :rolleyes:

zapper said:
you go girl :p

Oh and i find it cool how every mercury thread gets so many replies if you all thinks it suck :rolleyes:

When T2 Whiscash was made, the thread received alot of replies too.......

I played Mercury, IT IS SOO GOOD!! I beat 4 T1 Dunsparce decks.

4-0 buddy

~fan

pokemonfan123 said:
When T2 Whiscash was made, the thread received alot of replies too.......

I played Mercury, IT IS SOO GOOD!! I beat 4 T1 Dunsparce decks.

4-0 buddy

~fan

LOL

Well I still have no clue on what Mercury is..

Gardevoir D + Starmie D + Porygon2 + other

And people only think it could work if Archaic posts it >_<

zapper said:
Gardevoir D + Starmie D + Porygon2 + other

Why Porygon 2? with the large hands the game is seeing now in the absence of Admin, Magcargo or Copycat would make better use of space.

Out of interest, how many techy basics would you say are 'workable' in this deck?

Alot...WIth Holon Castform, there are so many options...

Porygon for early game...it's like a butter (But just 1-1 line).

Should be easy. Let the Ludicargo fill its bench as per the usual protocol, Black Magic will tear through Ludicolos with ease. Ludi can't OHKO Gardevoir d (if the mercury player is playing correctly), but the reverse is not true.

DragoniteMaster said:
How dose mercury do aganist ludicargo because for my past experiences its not very good.

Not even close to a game. Your Curse Stones Own them like there's no tommorow.

And don't forget the GODLY BF/Umbreon-ex combo. Just remember to play BF first so you don't mess it up.

Kempley05 said:
Why Porygon 2? with the large hands the game is seeing now in the absence of Admin, Magcargo or Copycat would make better use of space.

Out of interest, how many techy basics would you say are 'workable' in this deck?
Porygon2 was in the HL-on version of the deck. Jury's still out on how it should work in DX-on.

Likewise for that matter how many techy basics there are currently. Before, we had a rather large number. Ray* is still in, but really...the number of viable tech basics for the deck will depend on just what other decks get played in significant numbers.

I suppose in that sense that it's rather like Ludicargo. Putting aside the other obvious similarity of having the dependance on your opponents bench size to do damage (with one of the mains anyway), the ability of the deck to compete in the metagame is based more on how well it's able to set up and support the various techs.

Flaming_Spinach said:
Not even close to a game. Your Curse Stones Own them like there's no tommorow.

And don't forget the GODLY BF/Umbreon-ex combo. Just remember to play BF first so you don't mess it up.
Are you (and certain other people in this thread) going to even attempt to submit something worthwhile to the thread, or can we just feel free to submit you for obvious flamebait and spam? So you don't feel that Mercury is worthwhile as a deck option. Fine. We get it already. Now unless you've got something constructive to say, perhaps you'd care to stop yapping? Given that
a) Other people have done well with this deck (with the lack of times it's won being more an indication of how rarely it's played rather than its actual win percentages)
and that
b) Mercury just hasn't yet seen wide enough use at a tournament level for any real knowledge of how it'll play in the wider metagame (in either HL-on or DX-on), with a reasonable number of its victories being outside the US
I'd say that it's more reasonable to say that the jury is still out, more than anything else.

I never played Mercury but I see some potential on Gardevoir d. You have to play it with the right tech and none Porygon2 crazy thing.

Porygon does 2 Backups whole game...That's it...Then it is just a sitting duck.

These tEchs are worth mentioning:

-Deoxys D (HP-Defense). This with 4 Metals is the best tank in this history :D
-Deoxys D (HP-Attack/Dark). One Hit KO Bannette ex :D
-Deoxys Ex (Defense) Another thing to Beat that annoying Bannette which will be very popular.
-Gardevoir D ex THIS WILL RULE HERE (Easy kill on Metagross D, Plus it's Power is awesome)
-MAWILE ! As your starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, my current list:

Pokemon:20
4 Mawile
4-2-4 Gardevoir D
2-2 Starmie
1 Deoxys Ex Defense
1 Deoxys D Defense

Energy: 13
3 Psychic
2 Holon Castform
2 Water
2 Holon WP
4 Metal

Trainer: 27
4 Holon Transceiver
2 Mentor
2 Adventurer
1 Scientist
1 Researcher
1 Farmer
3 Bills Maintenance
3 Windstorm
2 Space Center
3 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
1 Strenght Charm/Other Tech

unless u wanna play another match ;p
your way to teched out for 1 deck though IMO
take out the deoxys attack D for sure

Last edited:
Sure another game...

And they do...If OCTGN wouldnt give me 1,1,1,1,,1,1,tail,tail,tail all the time...

Back