Flariados
Bannette ex
Raieggs

Now Mercury has a positive matchup against all of those:

Lati: Rayquaza* FTW
Lunarock: Black Magic>them
Flariados: Rayquaza*>them
Bannette: Quaza* FTW
Raieggs: CLose, but black magic does a lot!

Dont forget gardy D ex!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

What do u guys think?

Last edited:
Shitry? Umm...

Gardy D ex FTW I guess. You can also abuse their pokebody to put damage on gardy D and then use their 1st attack for awesome sniping.

Yea i know it was. I never said it wasnt >_<

Mercury will be big next format, that is for sure. I still think Shiftry could give it fitts cause it's resiestant to Psy Gardy and not weak to Fire Gardy, and you need to get them out in the first place while they keep sniping your bench.

1 holy star wins you matchup >_< REALLY depentable. You can use Black magic to fetch prizes before.

How fast is fast? You can have a Ray* with Holy Star in play on turn 3, with the right setup, and consistantly by turn 4. Can Bannette ex really take down a swarming Mercury in that time?

Banette can OHKO whatever you have active on T2 (unless it has like 70-100HP). If a player sees the rayquaza* hit play, they just don't evolve their shuppets. Banette is more consistent than Mercury too as it doesn't have to setup a stage 2, stage 1, and basics. One simple stage 1 is all it needs, and it can grab it T1 if you start with Shuppet. Two energy is all it needs compared to the 4 rayquaza* needs.

I'd give the matchup to Banette, but I am biased :p

Prime said:
Banette can OHKO whatever you have active on T2 (unless it has like 70-100HP). If a player sees the rayquaza* hit play, they just don't evolve their shuppets. Banette is more consistent than Mercury too as it doesn't have to setup a stage 2, stage 1, and basics. One simple stage 1 is all it needs, and it can grab it T1 if you start with Shuppet. Two energy is all it needs compared to the 4 rayquaza* needs.

I'd give the matchup to Banette, but I am biased :p

Hmmm...interesting. The scenario I was working on *did* have an active T2 with 70-100 HP though. We'll have to see how that matchup works out once the decklists have become more stable (Banette might have already, I don't know, I haven't been watching. ^^;; Mercury hasn't IMO though.)

Certainly though, I don't like how many people are relying so heavily on Ray*, even if it is damn easy to get out and setup with Mentor (a possile single turn setup if you've got 2 Gardy DS in play). With the little time I've had to devote to the TCG recently due to work, the new Pokémon anime series, and the upcoming release of D/P (expecting to get my Japanese copy on the 29th), I'm not sure how long it'll be until I get around to testing. ^^;; Ray* is certainly a very strong card in Mercury, but there needs to be a backup, and I'm not yet totally convinced that Gardy DS / ex can do it alone.

another arguement about Mercury yay

well i will admit against Banette you have to get Ray* out fast to have a good chance against it BUT ray* isnt the only good tech you can put in Mercury. I have a card i use that nobody has ever thought of playing in Mercury(its not mew ex lol).
This card has made the banette matchup from 70/30 in banettes favor to pretty much 50/50(maybe 52/48).

what happened to Mewtric? *tear*

Mercury, MetaNite, and all the other d decks all seem the same to me. They're all slow. But Gardy d ex is fun!

Banette ex FTW!

Mewtrick is an iffy topic right now because of the rotation of certain cards. We'll have to wait and see if it's really still viable.

Pure trainer lock is good, but not good enough (see also: the lack of success by Vileplume ex)

I think it'd be accurate to say that all the decks of the old format are iffy because of the rotation. One of the cards I depended on in my games with Mercury was Rocket's Admin. Without it....a lot of the rapid draw power of the deck suddenly becomes a lot less consistant.

Bah, it's just not worth even discussing all this until after the first round of CC's, in my opinion. It's just going to take that long for things to be properly tested, for people to test all their nice rogue ideas at their local leagues and/or with friends they trust to not blab.

Archaic said:
I think it'd be accurate to say that all the decks of the old format are iffy because of the rotation. One of the cards I depended on in my games with Mercury was Rocket's Admin. Without it....a lot of the rapid draw power of the deck suddenly becomes a lot less consistant.

Bah, it's just not worth even discussing all this until after the first round of CC's, in my opinion. It's just going to take that long for things to be properly tested, for people to test all their nice rogue ideas at their local leagues and/or with friends they trust to not blab.

Yeah, but people want to know now:tongue:

BTW, Polishield and maybe, maybe Flaredos are still in.

Back