Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

#1 ranked global is not real...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrEkIeV

right now that player who is ranked #1 global is named "Naught Reeul", which is a fake name meaning 'not real'.

"Naught Reeul" and all of the tournaments he has played in should be invalidated (and removed) because of tournament falsification.

His whole existence should be removed from the rankings database because it will affect the rankings of the top16 players who are trying to be awarded invites to worlds.

I have already sent an email to [email protected] about this matter and i encourage everyone else to do the same.

Last edited:
You might want to clarify - this "player" is #1 in unlimited format only. Michael Trapani is #1 in both Limited and Modified formats ("naught reel" is 46th in global modified - the only category which I downloaded all 2000+ results).

RainbowRichards said:
You might want to clarify - this "player" is #1 in unlimited format only. Michael Trapani is #1 in both Limited and Modified formats ("naught reel" is 46th in global modified - the only category which I downloaded all 2000+ results).

Rank Name Rating City State Country

1 naught reeul 1925 FL US
2 Michael Perucca 1917 Colorado Springs CO US
3 Shane Herridge 1913 Choose One... UK
4 Chris Clanton 1906 Portland OR US
4 Michael Pramawat 1906 Woodbridge VA US (ME.) :)

these are the top 4 modified rankings. now i havent played in a unlimited tourny since nintendo got the licence so its not unlimited.

I must appologise - and take back half of what I posted earlier :( - Indeed the Modified AND Unlimited currently shows the geister-player naught reeul as #1...and it looks like it was Limited I downloaded (since it starts at 1796 points for the #1 player).

lol, That is funny I think. Ture it is sad that this fake name is ranked number 1 right now, but it is also funny to think about it. When I checked the ranking at the first of the week this name was not even there, but now is. Wonder what happen to make it show up?

He's been Number 1 since POP turned their Rankings off back near the end of 2003. Sad thing is, they've known about it for months and still have done nothing to invalidate all of BK Minnis' events due to the multiple fake accounts. If the DCI were still around, his arse would have been slapped with "Submitting False Tournament Results" ban. Instead, we've got a new color scheme on the site each time a set is released. =/
-Phil

Unfortuantely Phil is right. But, don't spill too much on here Phil. The last thing we need is more name calling and finger pointing from you know who.

If the DCI were still around, his arse would have been slapped with "Submitting False Tournament Results" ban. Instead, we've got a new color scheme on the site each time a set is released. =/
-Phil

Very sad and very true :( with no DCI equivalent and no action being taken against TO's and players submitting false reports we have a totally discredited ranking system being used to allocate worlds invites.

I can see it now Naught Reeul" greeting his/her fans as the number 1 ranked player in the world, Naught Reeul" making it to the top table and taking on the top 8 as the number 1 ranked player he/she is bound to make their mark on worlds ;)

...father of the #2 player here. My son has remarked a few times about this "not real" player being ranked higher than him. In fact, my son went 11-0 at the last two tournaments he played, hoping to surpass "not real", only to have his rating creep from 1913 to 1917. The ranks are screwed up in more ways than one, if they're even working anymore.

But hey, if they're only inviting the top 16 instead of giving them free trips, at least there's some justice there if some of these players are ficticious, or TOs are submitting incorrect reports.

BTW, WOTC gave free trips to a number of top-ranked players the last time they held Worlds. But, their ranking system was a bit more mature.

On a side note, I've always thought it was unfair to invite players to such events as the TMB when those players don't even play Pokemon any more. For example, when my son went to the 2002 TMB, of the three US players, he was the only one who was active. The other two hadn't played since they returned from the 2001 TMB.

SO, I think we see some wisdom here in how Nintendo handles top-ranked players.

1. To say rankings are global is an oxymoron. For example, my son is currently the only active pro-level player in our region. We have lots of players, but none that currently play to his level (and he plays at less than half our tournaments due to playing LOTR also).

2. It's too easy to "work" the ranking system. For example, the reason some Colorado players got so highly ranked the last few years was because a TO in Denver held tournaments 3-4 times per week.

3. Players sit on their rankings. Somehow, an aging factor needs to be added to the rating system.

So, eventhough my son is currently #2 (or maybe #1 if "naught reeul" is not real), I don't hold much value in that ranking. He played in half the number of tournaments as his peers (he's just lost fewer times). He might get invited to Worlds if he continues to play and maintain his ranking, but who cares if he doesn't actually go to Worlds. The REAL World Champions will probably come from the file-and-rank of those down in the ditches, fighting their way through the Stadiums and National Championship. It will be interesting to see if any of those champions actually are highly ranked.

Last edited:
You all better read my tread in the tournament and Organized Play part of this forum.

Being nr 1 GLOBAL is not true. For the GLOBAL ranking only your LIMITED RANKINGPOINTS are counting.
So if you have the heighest score at LIMITED GLOBAL you suddenly are also NR 1 GLOBAL.

Just check this:player Michael Trapani played in a City Championship tournament ID 04-02-000037.
This tournament is sanctioned as LIMITED. Since when were the CC Limited Tournaments???????
Thereafter he played another CC at Pokemoncenter NY and again this was sanctioned as LIMITED.

So conclusion, this person played 5 tournaments all ranked limited total matches 26 won 22 lost 4 and became with that GLOBAL NR 1.

Sometimes you better should read my posts, because I warned for this situations (and others) already a few times.
But who am I:

I'm the MAD DUTCH PROFESSOR with a club of 100 player, who will never get acces to the league program and is going to be removed as TO because I reveal to much of the "mistakes" made by the distributor and meaby in this case even by POP/PUI.

Li@

All events are K=32 from the smallest 8 player (OR LESS!!!) knockout to the 60+ player swiss.

I see that Michael plays in lots of large tournaments so I think his ranking is valid. Certainly it carries more weight with me than a player who achieves a high ranking just by being better than the 12 or so locals that he/she regularly plays. If PUI were serious about the ranking system you 'd have thought that they would have removed Naught Reul and have realised that not every tournament should be K=32

POP doesn't seem to care about the rankings, or about some of the other parts of the game. I think that Pokemon has declined since it came under Nintendo.

Physics Squirrel said:
POP doesn't seem to care about the rankings, or about some of the other parts of the game. I think that Pokemon has declined since it came under Nintendo.

In some respects, but also better in others.

Physics Squirrel said:

Yah, what sneaselsrevenge said. We're all aware of the present problems.

I don't want to catalog the 2 years of decline due to bad decisions of the higher ups of the old licensee since the fad broke. I have some hope most of the current problems will be fixed since 1) they are largely mistakes of inexperience and 2) the product now has a future and someone who profits from it.

PKMN benefitted tremendously from the wake of MTG's DCI. POP is having to get everything built from nearly scratch. Keep the heat on, but keep the faith, too.

I am very tempted to legally change my name to Naught reeul, to collect any VIP package he may have in order, and to claim a world invitation, hehehe, just for that, is it not worth to change your name? after all, whats in a name? hehehe, and finally, imagine the faces of everyone when you attend worlds and they introduce you! that would be da bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back