Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ABSOL G: "Community SecretDeck" #1

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
EVERYONE has fun when they have input on the creation of a new trendy deck.

So... I'm going to START our Pokegym community's "SecretDeck" which will be begin with a single card.

ANYONE can contribute ideas (respectfully) and, as we begin to arrive at a deck list and strategy, I'll close the thread and move it over to Deck Help!

I noticed alot of people who attend tourneys don't visit Pokegym.com, so THEIR LOSS!!!

Let's do some spectacular things and BUILD TOGETHER ...

TODAYS FOCUS: ABSOL G
How do we build a deck that makes good use of this card?

Let's see if we can, ultimately, arrive at a deck list.

LIST OF CARDS SUGGESTED TO BUILD THE DECK: (July 22, 2009) - 11:00 p.m.

Pokemon
  • 3 Absol SW
  • 2 ABSOL G LvX
  • 2 Absol G
  • 2 Luxray LvX
  • 2 Luxray GL
  • 2-2 Claydol
  • 2 Uxie LA
  • 2 crobat g
  • 2 Honchkrow g
  • 1 Lucario GL
  • 2 Chatot G
  • Azelf LA
  • Relicanth
  • Garchomp C
  • 1-1 Manectric PL
  • 1-1 Dialga G LvX

Supporters
  • 4 Roseanne's Research
  • 1 Aaron's
  • 4 Cyrus Conspiracy
  • Cyrus's Initiative

Trainers
  • 4 PokeTurns
  • 3 Energy Gain
  • 3 SP radar
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Time Space Distortion

Energy
  • 4 Special Darkness
  • 4 Basic Darkness
  • 4 Lightening Energy

List of Contributors
  • afstandopleren
  • Xuii2-the-cleric
  • Mach
  • Missingno
  • Pokeric
  • prodigal_fanboy
  • DragonairMaster8
  • punkymon
  • Frogg Head
  • empoleonperson
  • im9today
  • Ignatious
  • MidnyteXTC
  • PokePockets
  • tehmoe
  • Steel_Winger
  • ragingphantom
  • Epyon0015
  • waynegg
  • rokman
  • dtrain
  • dobsonr

TRANSLATIONS FOR SOME OF THE UPCOMING CARDS THAT HAVE BEEN SUGGESTED:

Absol G LV.59 - Darkness - HP70
Basic Pokemon (SP)
[D] Feint Attack: Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon, ignoring Weakness, Resistance, and any effects on that Pokemon.
[D][C][C] Message of Ruin: Return all Energy attached to Absol G to your hand. At the end of your opponent’s next turn, the Pokemon that was hit by this attack is Knocked Out.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat Cost: 1

Absol G LV.X - Darkness - HP100
Level-Up (SP)
Poke-Power: Dark Burial
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level Up a Pokemon. Flip 3 coins, for each heads send 1 card from the top of your opponent’s deck to the Lost Zone.
[D][C] Dark Slugger: 30 damage. You may discard 1 card from your hand. If you do, this attack does an additional 30 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Chatot G LV.49 - Colorless - HP60
Basic Pokemon (SP)
Poke-Power: Disturb and Spy
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench. Look at the top 4 cards from your opponent’s deck and return them to the top of your opponent’s deck in any order.
[.] Scout and Run: Show 1 Trainer card from your deck to your opponent, then put it in your hand. Return Chatot G and all cards attached to it to your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Garchomp C LV.62 - Colorless - HP80
Basic Pokemon (SP)

[C][C] Claw Swipe: 30 damage.
[C][C][C] Earthquake: 50 damage. Does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Colorless (x2)
Resistance: none

Garchomp C LV.X - Colorless - HP110
Level-Up (SP)

Poke-Power: Healing Breath
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level Up a Pokemon. Remove all damage counters from all of your SP-Pokemon in play.

[C][C][C] Dragon Dive: Discard 2 Energy attached to Garchomp C, and do 80 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. Garchomp C can’t use Dragon Dive during your next turn.

Weakness: Colorless (x2)
Retreat Cost: 0

Relicanth 36 LV.- Fighting - HP80
Basic Pokemon

[F] Grand Swell: Does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon for each Stadium card and Pokemon Tool card your opponent has in play.
[F][C] Amnesia: 30 damage. Choose 1 of the Defending Pokemon’s attacks. That Pokemon can’t use that attack during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Grass (+20)

Join in! - What are YOUR thoughts?
(get yourself added to the list of contributors)

Last edited:
I am thinking along the lines of Poketurn obviously.

So 2-1 Absol G LV.X and 4 POketurns...because we can use it multiple times without having to use it's attack!

Am I doin it right?

I am thinking along the lines of Poketurn obviously.

So 2-1 Absol G LV.X and 4 POketurns...because we can use it multiple times without having to use it's attack!

Am I doin it right?

1-1 or 2-1 luxray because u bring up your opponent's claydol and use doom news

Way to get things started fellas!
Your names will be added to the contributors!
Awesome suggestions.

I'm going to Add CYRUS x4 because it looks like we're going the SP route.

maybe some Super Scoop Up? We are running SP and multiple SP pokes in this deck are begging to be used again

How about 4 to increase chances for getting heads?

If Absol G itself is going to be the one attacking, then I'd go with Energy Gains. Maybe Metagross SV to cut down the HP of the defending, since Absol's got low damage output altogether. And as long as they don't OHKO, you're Poketurning yourself, anyway. This also calls for some basic and Special Darks.

Absol SW also works well as a starter, since this seems to be going the disruption route, and you want something to take up space until you get a good stream of Absol. Or Sableye SF with the new Cyrus's Initiative is another idea that intrigues me.

But at the very least...
+1 Absol G LV. X
+4 Special Darkness
+4 Basic Darkness

Spoiler for Cyrus's Initiative:
Cyrus’ Initiative - Supporter Card

Flip 2 coins. If you get 1 or more heads, look at your opponent’s hand, and choose a number of cards equal to the number of heads. Return the chosen cards to the bottom of your opponent’s deck in any order.

You can only use a Supporter once during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Perhaps 1-1 Darkrai Lv.X, 1-1 or 2-2 Weavile SW, a few Level Maxes/Premier Balls, an Azelf LA, an Uxie LA?

Last edited:
a mankey and relincant counter: how about a roserade gl (it can hold them in the active spot.

2-1 luxray X seems the play just as 2-2 absol g lv X
2-2 clydol and 1 uxie is nice for setup and getting cards.
energy gain is needed so 4 of them
i agree with afstandopleren on the superscoop up
if this turn's out good i'm going to play this on a battle road

IMHO Darkrai does't really add anything but extra damage. With it's Doom Something attack and Luxray being an alternate attacker, I don't see real use for Darkrai in this deck

Perhaps 1-1 Darkrai Lv.X, 1-1 or 2-2 Weavile SW, a few Level Maxes/Premier Balls, an Azelf LA, an Uxie LA?

Those seem to change the focus of the deck to be more based on offense than disruption. I can't say right now what this will eventually turn into, but right now we are looking more toward disruption.

Premier Ball is a great idea, though, as is Uxie and possibly Azelf. It just depends on what is played as far as Azelf goes. I can't believe I forgot to mention Premier Ball, though.

a mankey and relincant counter: how about a roserade gl (it can hold them in the active spot.

2-1 luxray X seems the play just as 2-2 absol g lv X Don't you think it would eventually come down to you either Poketurning your Absol or your Luxray? The deck's focus is on Absol, which means Luxray is going to sit on the bench. They don't even have very good coverage, and around the same damage output. I do like the GOW it gives, but is it worth forgoing Absol X's power?
2-2 clydol and 1 uxie is nice for setup and getting cards. Agreed
energy gain is needed so 4 of themAgreed
i agree with afstandopleren on the superscoop up Agreed
if this turn's out good i'm going to play this on a battle road

Edited in comments.

moonlight stadium for free retreat
2 unown g machamp or gengar Unown G is a meta thing more than not, but I do suggest 1
2 crobat extra damage Let's see how this plays out, first.
1 stutank free poison when a stadium is out And what is this poison going to do? There's got to be a reason for it.

Edited in comments.

Last edited:
1-1 or 2-1 luxray because u bring up your opponent's claydol and use doom news

Or you could just bring up your opponent's Claydol and... Flash Impact and find a way to hit for twenty. Less resource-consuming than boomeranging twenty back to your hand.

You want 1 Aaron's, 1 TSD, to recycle the power for when Absol gets KO'ed.

Mach, those things are being suggested because the deck runs the risk of not achieving its win condition, and with mediocre damage output from Luxray and subpar to awful support from Absol, you need the support you can get.

I'd try teching in one or two Millstone.

You also require mad outs against Machamp, as both Luxray and Absol are Fighting-weak.

Chatot G to get the most important thing on top of their deck, so even if you only get 1 heads on the power you still removed their most important card out of 4 choices

what good is Honch when disruption is the key? How about teching in a 1-1-1-1 Flygon X? Gives everything free retreat and another card that discards the top of deck for some xtra disruption.

now for some Power Sprays. And imho no Weavile, we have a lot of stuff in the deck as it is, let's not cramp it for 'acceleration' like in Flygon.

Back