Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Choice Of Pokemon

Colts8729

In the shows I don't understand why Ash and friends have all bad pokemon like Piplup and pretty much all basic's! I mean why can't they have Flygon, Salamence, Scizor, Alakazam......etc instead of bad poke's???

Discuss!

i do have to agree with this. All of their pokemon seem not to evolve even though they have been in the basic stage for what seems like FOREVER! Dawn now has a Mamoswine which i am surprised that a pokemon evolved into a stage 2 on the show. Chimchar should be an Infernape by now from all of it's battles, as well as Staravia.

i do have to agree with this. All of their pokemon seem not to evolve even though they have been in the basic stage for what seems like FOREVER! Dawn now has a Mamoswine which i am surprised that a pokemon evolved into a stage 2 on the show. Chimchar should be an Infernape by now from all of it's battles, as well as Staravia.

Your right...It feel's like when you are watching it that it almost gets boring! It is really tempting to change the channel at that point!

Satoshi currently has a Glion, Moukazaru, Hayashigame, Mukuhawk, Buizel and Pikachu. Two of those six are good Pokemon and two of the others are close to being good Pokemon. All of them were obtained as basics and only two are still basics. Granted, one of them will always be a basic.

Hikari has a Mammoo, but that's about it as far as decent Pokemon go. She's more concerned with cute Pokemon anyway given that she's a Coordinator and not a Trainer.

Takeshi's Pokemon are all basics (well, Usokkii technically did evolve from Usohacchi). He also has the leetest Gureggru and Pinpuku around. :D

Satoshi currently has a Glion, Moukazaru, Hayashigame, Mukuhawk, Buizel and Pikachu. Two of those six are good Pokemon and two of the others are close to being good Pokemon. All of them were obtained as basics and only two are still basics. Granted, one of them will always be a basic.

Hikari has a Mammoo, but that's about it as far as decent Pokemon go. She's more concerned with cute Pokemon anyway given that she's a Coordinator and not a Trainer.

Takeshi's Pokemon are all basics (well, Usokkii technically did evolve from Usohacchi). He also has the leetest Gureggru and Pinpuku around. :D

No offense.......but I didn't understand a word of that?:confused:

I also have to agree on the show, and that is one major reason why I don't watch the series anymore other than older episodes back when they still had the first three characters of Ash, Misty and Brock. I wish Ash still had Charizard or maybe as someone said above something cool like Flygon or Salamence. As for Proffesor Chris I also have to agree with the two above..... Please some english names?

No offense.......but I didn't understand a word of that?:confused:
Question marks are for questions. Ellipses are also not an appropriate replacement for commas.

I'm not sure what was hard to understand. Two-thirds of Satoshi's Pokemon are not basic. One of Hikari's four Pokemon is not basic (it would have been two out of five if Hikari still had her Eteboth) and one of Takeshi's three Pokemon is not basic. Overall, six out of thirteen Pokemon are not basic. If Eteboth was still around, 50% of the Pokemon in the main characters' party would be evolved. Not that it matters for two-thirds of the party since they are a Coordinator and a Breeder.

[Edit] I believe in your ability to make educated guesses regarding the names. Don't disappoint me.

I also have to agree on the show, and that is one major reason why I don't watch the series anymore other than older episodes back when they still had the first three characters of Ash, Misty and Brock. I wish Ash still had Charizard or maybe as someone said above something cool like Flygon or Salamence. As for Proffesor Chris I also have to agree with the two above..... Please some english names?

OK so I am not the only who thinks this show isn't the greatest! and the main reason is the choice of pokemon!:smile:

So far i have translated it a bit: Ash currently has a: gliscor, monferno, grotle, staraptor, buizel, and pikachu!!

I love TCG but am sick of the show due mainly because of getting rid of characters and Pokemon, the fact Ash is still what 10 (?) and their Pokemon. I will mainly stick to TCG and maybe the movies and older shows but that is all. What ever happened to Charizard, Pikachu at like Lv 100, Squirtle, Buterfree and evryone else that had meaning in the old shows? The Johto ones weren't bad though in my opinion but went downhill in Master Quest. I figured out that you mean (Proffesor Chris) when you said Hikari you mean Dawn?

[Edit] I believe in your ability to make educated guesses regarding the names. Don't disappoint me.

Why should he have to guess at your post? Doesn't seem like so much trouble to just type out the English names of the Pokemon. Isn't it a rule that members have to write to be understood?

Question marks are for questions. Ellipses are also not an appropriate replacement for commas.

I'm not sure what was hard to understand. Two-thirds of Satoshi's Pokemon are not basic. One of Hikari's four Pokemon is not basic (it would have been two out of five if Hikari still had her Eteboth) and one of Takeshi's three Pokemon is not basic. Overall, six out of thirteen Pokemon are not basic. If Eteboth was still around, 50% of the Pokemon in the main characters' party would be evolved. Not that it matters for two-thirds of the party since they are a Coordinator and a Breeder.

If this would have been some Japanese forum those names would do fine, but please, this is pokegym!
Write english names.

Anyways, pokemon anime sucks and is intended for 5-10year old kids. I doubt those kids's parents would allow them to watch the show if the protagonists would have some pokemon like Garchomp, Machamp, Tyranitar and so on, who would demolish all of their opponents.

That's why they keep cute pokemon.

If this would have been some Japanese forum those names would do fine, but please, this is pokegym!
Write english names.

Anyways, pokemon anime sucks and is intended for 5-10year old kids. I doubt those kids's parents would allow them to watch the show if the protagonists would have some pokemon like Garchomp, Machamp, Tyranitar and so on, who would demolish all of their opponents.

That's why they keep cute pokemon.

that is probably the reason but it is still annoying!

Nah, it's the cute Pokemon thing . . . they promote the new starters/easy to get Pokemon that appear in the latest videogames.

They don't make Pokemon that are 'too scary' for kids and overprotective parents. Don't forget that Ash has to battle them, which is more scary than having him use them.

Plus, the anime is mainly about Ash winning against the odds cos he loves his little Pokemon. If he just went around smashing face with Tyranitars and Garchomps, it wouldn't seem right.

Nah, it's the cute Pokemon thing . . . they promote the new starters/easy to get Pokemon that appear in the latest videogames.

They don't make Pokemon that are 'too scary' for kids and overprotective parents. Don't forget that Ash has to battle them, which is more scary than having him use them.

Plus, the anime is mainly about Ash winning against the odds cos he loves his little Pokemon. If he just went around smashing face with Tyranitars and Garchomps, it wouldn't seem right.

So when Pikachu goes and fights against eg. a Golem and Golem hits him for like 5 times and pikachu still gets up and the pikachu uses his Magical Thunderbolt attack that hits that golem and the golem faints...That's very right.

So when Pikachu goes and fights against eg. a Golem and Golem hits him for like 5 times and pikachu still gets up and the pikachu uses his Magical Thunderbolt attack that hits that golem and the golem faints...That's very right.

lol but that is what happens!:lol:

Back