Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun Pokemon poker tournament-Results from the world championships

Hi,

For all who are interested and all who want to enjoy a fun game at worlds besides pokemon,Listen up

Poker has been one of the biggest games out there today and i know gambling is illegal in Pokemon so i found a way to get this legal and fun for all who like to play poker and like pokemon packs

Date: Saturday Night at the town and country hotel

Time: After 8pm but dont know exact time yet

Location: Town and country hotel,dont know whre exactually yet

Max number of players:50

We will start only with the minumum of 14

Game: No Limit Texas Holdem

Age to play: 12 y/o and older only

Entry fee is 4 packs of pokemon cards

The 4 packs as entry must be from RS to Unseen Forces and not from POP series 1 or 2
Also all packs must be english booster packs.

Due to poker chip limibility the rebuy option will be a vote that night.

all players will start with $3,000 in chips and ill explain the chip denomiations when we get the tournament started

Blind increases and the way the time is run will all be explained that night.

All players get a random pack from the bag once eliminated. I will dump a # of packs equal to the # of players in the sachel and once eliminated you will draw one.

Top 3 get prizes:

1st place: 50% of the packs
2nd place: 25% of the packs
3rd place: 20% of the packs

5% will go to the me for organizing this due to i wont be playing and will be monetering it

For all who dont know texas holdem ill be there to teach it.

If you want in please post here and get to me that saturday so i can write it down. Ill know by that morning where we can have it.

This is all being hosted by me and ill provide all poker chips for it so just bring your packs and fun attitudes. Remember this is fun so dont play serious and enjoy it. There will be some players who will not know how to play or make mistakes so dont attack them,just help them.

Due to i dont know if im gonan even be avaliable for anything but pokemon and i dont know how ill place in the grinder ill have this topic ended on wensday night August 18th at midnight which means if you want to play post it here by then. I may have seats open before the tourney so if you dont post by then pop by that night
See ya all at worlds :thumb:
So Far this is the list who are in:
SomethingElse
DukeFireBird
Whicker
TheDarkTwins
AMphatos 7
evilcaturne666
MP Birch
LuMaga1
blazekid
Xero-Gravity
Dark Sneasel
AmbiousZero
OldMan
ARMondak
Dark Weeedle
lookinforwailordex
Waliken-maybe

Last edited:
I'd LOVE to, since I'm actually really good(and I'm actually in TEXAS! beat that!) but I am not going to worlds, so sorry, I would like to help you run it, maybe next year.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE 15+!!!!!111111 WHY!!!!!!!????

I would play but I'M 12... :mad:

Ill ask this only one time:

Only post if you have questions or you wanta compete so i have a running headcount of players come worlds. Thanks

Last edited:
why would you want to play poker for some crapy packs. when you could go up to some ones room and play poker with friends for money.

I would play but for the age restriction...

Why 15+?

You are going to get into the same amount of "delinquincy of a minor playing poker" issues at 15 as you are at 9 and 10.

Your event, good luck.

There are restrictions on gambling that need to be looked at...you are charging admission for the event, and offering prizes to the winners. I do not know the CA gambling laws, but I am betting, playing Poker, that you are coming a mite close to them...

A good idea, and I hate to be the wet blanket...as my boys and I play hold'em no less than 4 times a week. It's a good game...and I would have them in this event but for the age restriction.

Talk to you soon.

M45

Ok guys you got me,since it isent illegal to do this ill drop the age range to 12+,ok. I just dident need the people seeing 12 year olds playing poker and it seting a bad message in pokemon. I changed it and i hope whoever couldent attend before can attend now. Only thing is i wont change the max players due to the amount of chips and time i will have for this. Dont need this to drag on till 1:30 and having worlds players complaining about not enough sleep. :thumb:

Well since I'm seeing other Okies then I guess my dad(Old Man) and I will have to show every one that Okies really are the best poker players around not to metion pokemon players too, so just bring it.

Back