Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Here's a fun topic; CURSEgar

FurretFTW!!1!

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I'm pretty sure that with people's already destroyed metagames, adding CURSEgar just put the icing on the cake.

What the heck are we gonna do about this deck?

Cursegar has pretty solid match ups with pretty much everything (except, I dunno . . . Ampharos/T-tar?).

It's probably the safest deck choice atm. That might or might not mean it's the best.

^I used Relicanth w/ Ebelt for Ttar. So much fun lol.

I think we may need a build for reference, but I'm the worst at anything stage 2... xP Any help?

We just want to know what beats this stupid deck. It's like Shuppet, but Wager doesn't do anything there. Closest to that is Dusknoir, and a few Gars use that anyways, which beat the mirror. Dusknoir with something that accelerates enrgy could work... Also, to prevent the massive 3-prize pull at the end, Manectric could do something, but it really isn't doing much against CurseGar anyways. Nidoqueen could help more, though lol

Pretty dang funny how a week ago no one thought gengar to be THAT devastating and now everyone wants to play it. This is just hilarious imo and I would like to say 'Told you so':biggrin:

You could always chatterlock it ir azelf lock spiritomb. You would have to be ahead on prizes then. I made a deck like it a while ago except instead of Gengar I used Gliscor. It worked pretty well, but it just wasn't that fun for me.

Run extra BTS in a Stage 2 that does 60+ for 2 or less. Then, you've got 2 KO's before they got one. That's like half the format in and of itself that can at least go 50-50 with it. Or, you could just run Spiritombs yourself instead of the BTS, with a bumped up Supporter engine. I'm still more worried about Gyarados than Pargar.

Gengar beats gyarados tho
Umm I'm gonna have to say no on that one.

It very much depends on the builds of each, like if Gengar runs 2 Mime's, or if Gyarados runs Lux X.

The thing is, Gyarados just plain outspeeds it even if under trainer lock. If Gyarados runs Combee, (which all lists should) then it can recover using that method. Then once you've used your Combee, then you Luxray out of the Tranier lock and proceed to recover.

Gengar will stall cheap attackers with Mime(s) and use the BTS to set up itself. It doesn't even mind going behind in Prizes as it can make up the ground once set up.

That's why it so so hard to beat . . . send up low Energy attackers and run into a Mime wall, send up something with 3 Energy and risk losing it to Fainting Spell.

Your best chance is to try and rip it apart early with speed and disruption, but the near-certainty of an early Gastly/Tomb Trainer Lock means that is easier said than done.

Pretty dang funny how a week ago no one thought gengar to be THAT devastating and now everyone wants to play it. This is just hilarious imo and I would like to say 'Told you so':biggrin:

Maybe people just don't like to be honest when they post on the PokeGym. :wink:

i think g-dos has better chance of winning against cursegar.

g-dos outspeeds the deck pretty much, and if you decide to hide the gengar behind mime, i reversal and hope for heads. or i luxray.

if you hide behind spritomb i luxray it.
if you bring up a gengar (fainting spell) then i do 90, for double crobat next turn.

i think it depends on the list g-dos is being played and how fast gengar sets up.
it is pretty easy for g-dos player to setup a luxray by turn 3

66 sir i would like to know how you retreat your gyardos to use bright look and get around the mimes?? or do you want to risk your game on just a coin flip?

warp energy / switch
when g-dos is KO send up luxray?
when u attach warp to g-dos, then yuo ssu later in game to use it again if heads?

lol When Gyarados gets KOed, they'd have spread set up, and they won't even be able to attach in that time. Seriously. goldedda's testplayed all Gyarados variants against the deck and it just can't win.

I've considered Lumineon/Rain Dance. Typhlosion variants could work... Lumineon/Rain Dance has a "Bright Look" power, so it should be pretty decent. It can easily get a ton of water energy in 3 turns, but Wager could hurt... If you knock out one Gengar, you should be set for the game. ;f I haven't played against the deck. I'm relying on TheoryMon ;~;

"Volt's build not good enough????? It didn't win but it did good"

Where is that list? I'd like it =O

Back