Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to play Mismagius GL?

PokePockets

Title of the thread. I am a bit confused as to how Mismagius GL could be played, and was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas.

Thanks

Well, Mismagius GL is a rather interesting card. I personally see it playing well with Shuppet for a rather... Strange sort of Donk deck. However, there are others whom disagree with me. :p So, whatever.

Play it with cards that can increase your hand size, or with Pokemon Contest Hall and some Unowns. About the only way to really do it, in my opinion... At least if you plan to attack with the thing. Other than that, it's a nice way to protect yourself from nasty basic-killers like Machamp by switching around essential tools like Energy Gain and Unown G.

The best place for your Mismagius is your binder. Or rather someone else's binder since it should be tough to get rid of it :/

The LvX places Damage counters.

So, you can use it as a way to KO Gengar.
You can use it to get around Special Metal protection (fighting Dialga G LvX)
You can use it vs. Pokes that RETURN "Damage" from attack. Since Damage counters is NOT damage, they can't hit back :)

There's 3 ways. Have fun.

contest hall is a good idea because if you flip heads you can get 2 cards 2 your hand. but also remember that you can attach all the tools in your hand in play then play somthing like volkner's 2 get your hand up 2 six cards then take all the tools and stuff back to the hand and then you can place 8 damege counters. not bad but before you play this remember that unown g isnt gone yet.

The best place for your Mismagius is your binder. Or rather someone else's binder since it should be tough to get rid of it :/

^ this.

this is exactly what you should do with it, and no do not play it with shuppet...

^ this.

this is exactly what you should do with it, and no do not play it with shuppet...

So says the person who doesn't even have an avatar.

Its synergy with Shuppet is quite phenomenal. Not nearly as good as the Volkner's idea someone else suggested, but still rather good.

Then again, no one even considers Shuppet Donk because it gets shut down easily by Sableye.Yet it can kill a Machamp deck without the player breaking so much as a sweat.

ya not just one some one, i agree with you also...but if anyone wants fo give me a good deal on this so called "bad x" that belongs in a binder, you can throw it at me...but ya i see potential in this card!

Someone... Agrees with me? :D

I really hate the attitude of many of the "top players" on this board who downplay any semblance of original thought, doubly so when they fiercely guard decklists because of "secret decks" and "secret techs" - the whole idea behind those two concepts being concealment of original thought. I've said as much in many, many threads in the past. The whole "Mario isn't a deck" thing was absolutely stupid, for example.

I like Mismagius GL Lv. X, but I haven't really thought of a good way to play it yet. Still working on that. I don't even own four copies of Energy Gain or Power Spray, anyway, since I hardly bought any Platinum... gonna have to fix that. >_>

Hey Guys. Let's make sure we're offering up an answer to the original poster's question and AVOID making him feel bad for asking it ... ok ?

If you don't like the card, then save the condemnation and move on to reading other posts.

i.e. Play nice :)

Mismagius is cool and shiny and stuff but I'm going t have to agree with the haters on this one. Unknown G just completely walls it. It also takes a lot of effort to do an effective amount of damage.

Oh btw this is the best comeback ever
So says the person who doesn't even have an avatar.

I kinda prefer looking at Mismagius GL LV.X and going "...There's a reason that Power's listed above that attack."

(Yes, I know its the standard formatting) By this, I mean focus on the power and use it as support for something else. You might as well forget that it has an attack.

Consider for instance a Dialga G. It REEEEALLY wants that Energy Gain ASAP so that it can start Deafen Locking. But once it has 2 or 3 energies on it... You kinda want a more permenent solution to Machamp, and already have enough energies to attack. So you Magical Return (via Mismagius GL LV.X) the Energy Gain off of it, and can now attach Unown G.
Or perhaps you have Mismagius GL LV.X, have an active Dialga G and... No Energy Gain. Drop a Pokemon Contest hall, flip heads because flippy cards always get heads, and get a Bronzong G (or anything else really) complete with Energy Gain. Hey, you now can move the energy gain off of Bronzong G where its a waste of time, onto something with worthwhile attacks like Dialga G.
You can also use it with Unown Q to reduce pokemon retreat cost by 1 at any time, then once the pokemon's retreated, remove the Unown Q for recycling onto another pokemon.

It gives you options if you run a 1-1 (or MAAAYBE 2-1... Not any more then that though <_<) tech line of Mismagius GL. The thing is, options aren't everything right now; you have to have a strong enough deck to make up for the fact that quite a bit of space is going to be devoted to this trickery. And looking at the tools in the format, it'll probably be an SP deck, or something that reeeeeally craves Memory Berry.

Yes, Rai nailed it IMO. Mismagius as an attacker doesn't fly. You could use it to pick off some stuff every now and then (Looking at you Gengar) so it's definitely not useless, but the tricks that power can give you are mind-numbing.
Its just not easy actually utilizing them properly.

I really hate the attitude of many of the "top players" on this board who downplay any semblance of original thought, doubly so when they fiercely guard decklists because of "secret decks" and "secret techs" - the whole idea behind those two concepts being concealment of original thought. I've said as much in many, many threads in the past. The whole "Mario isn't a deck" thing was absolutely stupid, for example.

I like Mismagius GL Lv. X, but I haven't really thought of a good way to play it yet. Still working on that. I don't even own four copies of Energy Gain or Power Spray, anyway, since I hardly bought any Platinum... gonna have to fix that. >_>

Dude I've build more new decks that you can think off :rolleyes:
Its just, if a card is bad, it is bad.
Yes it might be original, just take a caterpie deck to nationals, thats very original :thumb:
Still it is BAD.

No one wants to ruin your original ideads but sometimes you just have to accept a card is bad.
And what I really hate is this "I wont accept this card is bad ebcause I can prove my originallity with this" attitude. If you're that creative go and create a new deck that works.

Sure I could tell you that Mismagius is an awesome card and that you should efinitly build a deck with it but why should I lie to you and tell you to build a deck thats just bad? Just so you can live on in your dream world?

Originality doesnt make a deck good, end of story.

Creative Deck < Good Deck < Creative & Good Deck

:nonono:

Really good with Energy Link and Left Overs as its next to impossible to recover them from the grave.

Its kinda sucks b/c I traded my Mismagius G LVL X the Day after I wanted to make a Luxray deck >.<

Thank you for all of the advice. I really liked the idea of the just teching it into an SP deck for the whole moving of tools and such.

Back