Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Location of Worlds 2005

During the closing ceremonies there were MANY rumors floating around about worlds 2005 location:

It was stated it woudl be: Hawaii

I wonder if this is the truth and if it is where in hawaii it is gonna be?? Imgaine next year the biggest pokemon event in 2005 in the coolest state in the USA??

Opinions on it,facts or just disscussions on it alowed.

Hawaii would be very cool to hold Worlds for next year. I thought also the Hotel it was held in this year worked out really nicely also.

I would really like to see it on the west coast. Up in seattle again, Maybe an oregon location, or even a california location. The best tournaments I goto are the ones with a TON of people. I have such a good time when their are 70+ people in the same room who play the same game as I do. It'd be easier for me to get to play in worlds if it was on the west coast.

Though japan would also be a nice and appropriate place to hold Worlds 2005.

hawaii i snot the coolest, its the hottest, :p, anyway, there are especulations, but official data sppoken with the japanese revealed the location is not decided, they are still thinking about t, nothoing official, not even near a first option, so lets just all wait.

It would be so sweet if Worlds was held in Hawaii! But I do think Worlds should be held in another country. It is Worlds afterall...

i would personally lke to see Worlds help overseas in another country but not Japan. maybe something lke somewhere in the Netherlands or Australia. those would be some nice spots. i want out of the US.

My 2 cents worth lies w/ a return to FL w/ King Disney. I doubt this agreement was for 1 year only, although I could be wrong. Disney offers family entertainment for those not competing, while siblings, children, grandchildren etc are competing. To make it easier for everyone, a central location would be best for all.

Keith

PS I dont think it will be in a foreign country.

Even though Hawaii would be nice I really dont think it would be held there since it would require almost everyone playing in the tournament to fly. With Worlds at Florida this year worked out nicely since people could drive or fly if they wanted to. Plus with it being in the US gave more players the chance to play in the Grinder, which was around 200 players.

Were ever it might be, I hope that we overseas get at least some more changes to at least earn an invite.
Only 1 Nationals with 3 invites and 2 trips total is not enough.

I don't think any European distributor is at the level to organize an event of this format.
Unless PUI will fly over the whole TC and many many profs and TO's, we simple don't have enough experienced people to do something like this.

I would like to see it in a foreign country for once, rather than US. They need to start supporting our neighbors across the pacific too.
EDIT: Or Atlantic whatever the heck it is that England is across. I suck in Geography.

Last edited:
They really need to put it in San Diego or even San Francisco next year. Florida HAS TO HAVE THE MOST OVERRATED WEATHER IN THE U.S. I was miserable the whole time when i was outside, and i have even been to New York and no where else is as bad. The humidity is just terrible. Also Nationals was in Ohio this year and Worlds in Florida, so i think it is the West Coasts' turn to have worlds and maybe even Nationals, although Ohio does have the best players in the U.S.....

ok here is my personal opinion on where it should be. i say hold in in the middle of the US...im sayin St.Louis, or Memphis...those places can hold it and its easier to travel to from all over the US.

I heard a rumor it was coming back to seattle. Hawaii isn't bad though, I've always wanted to go there.

The thing is, not that this is a shot at the international players here, but it most likely be somewhere in the US, there are too many trips to hand out in the US, and it would cost too much money to fly them all overseas (so in that case, canada or mexico wouldn't be bad money wise) to say australia or japan.

I heard from MikeL (PUI) that next year's event would be in Edmonton. He picked there because it was just about the farthest north of any city in North America. I guess that he didn't appreciate our liquid sunshine or the humidity that you can cut with a knife. :p

Last edited:
I'm still sticking with San Diego. But I could see Orlando again.

I cannot imaging them moving Worlds off the continental US.

Back