Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

LostGar Hype Discussion - IN HERE ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
OMG @ everyone going nuts over GengarPrime + Lost World = "LostGar"

I'll sticky this thread and let you guys speculate until your hearts are content.

We just can't have 10 threads per day being created about LostGar.

SO...

POST YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT "LostGar" below (that is a WHACK name for a deck by the way...)

You know what?

Check it Out...
NEW THREAD RULE ... before you post your comments, give us a better name for the deck.

It's GengarPrime + Lost World Stadium.
The objective of the deck is to get 6 pokemon into the opponents lost zone and drop your stadium for the win.

So... drop us a new name idea and THEN drop us your thoughts on this hyped-up deck.​

May as well make it fun. :thumb:

Sample Post:

Name suggestion: The Guillotine (because when the stadium falls, you're dead)

Comment: I don't think Gengar can get enough pokemon into the opponents lost zone by itself. You're going to need some disruption to keep the prize count in check. Would Honchcrow SV + Seeker be a good play in this to ensure a Pokemon in hand ?

LostGar is a worse name, as it doens't tell the truth.
Yes the first card we think about if we hear Lost World is going to be released is Gengar Prime, but even if it will be played in every Lost World deck it doesn't deserve the nam "LostGar", because there are other probably better versions than just the straight one.
Has everybody thought about Absol G LV.X?
With Chatot G, Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime this could even be better than just the straight version, as you could play a SP Engine with some Cyrus in there what would make it easier to play a 1-1/2-1/2-2 Blaziken Line as a counter to Deafen Lock.
The Deckname should also mention these cards, as they are very important and make the Lost World Decks even faster.

In the end I would either call it "Apocalypsis" or "Claw".
Apocalypsis, because it absolutly brakes all the rules for winning a game....
and Claw, because it mostly grabs the oppenents Pokemon to be put into the Lost Zone and Claw also makes great sinergy with Absol, Gengar and Lost World, because the first letters of each word of those card names makes the Word "Glaw" (GengarLost AbsolWorld) which is spelled pretty much similar to "Claw".
(ok Claw is a stupid idea, but quite a funny thought....^^)
(Good example for a name like Claw is the LuxChomp variation with DGX named Lady Gaga)

I think that those Lost World Variations will be awesome and it also will be a huge fun to find decks that counter it, because I love the idea of playing Fossil Decks like back in the days of Rampardos, as they also would have to play something against Trainerlock, like DGX and that would work awesome against Lost World^^

-Filipp.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the card that will influence deck construction the most is NOT Lost World...

That distinction will go to Lost Remover...really hits DialgaChomp hard...

With all the Calls, Warps, DCE's and rescue energy being played...having them plucked from the field when you need them can be a problem. Definitely changes an SP players timing on energy drops

Dialgachomp Deafens your Lost Removers. . .

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with calling the deck what it is, R_A. Lost World + Gengar = LostGar. Do you have problems with Luxchomp or Raybees too? I always give my redshark files creative names but it's not like anyone will know what I'm talking about if I walk up to them and say... "I'm playing Lost and Found!" (which is the name for my mew stage 2 toolbox.) What's the point? Just go ahead and tell them what it is and skip that step of clueless awkward "...I've never heard of that before, is this kid a scrub or something?"

Lostgar is better than Lady Gaga, sooooo, I'm not gonna complain.

Sablelock will probably be decent to favorable against it.

Luxchomp I'm undecided on. Lots of people seem to think that it will beat it up, but I just don't see how it's going to avoid losing its Lv. Xs reliably without screwing itself up.

Expert belts! Wait, no.

Uh.

Salamence Lv. X! Wait, that won't work either, resistance and holding a Lv. X in hand, errrr...

I KNOW! DEOXYS/RAYQUAZA LEGEND. Quickly, everyone to their Redshark test decks!

Seriously though, I think if you can get a speed edge on most Lost World variants, you'll have time to at least attempt six prizes normally.

Could work, since it would be fairly easy to run thin lines and use a speed trainer engine so that they don't get a chance to Lost Zone mesprits/giratinas while you're holding them in hand, or at least wouldn't be able to lost zone 6.

But after two KOs with a single Mightyena, the poison damage will be enough that Gengar can KO it (and Zone it) with Cursed Drops. So that hurts.

Has anyone play tested a LostGar? I'm just wondering how long it takes LostGar to have the Stadium in hand, because that will mean the difference of a win or a loss.

Why am I taking poison damage?

Oh sorry, I did kind of assume that you would be affected with a special condition, since you are playing Mightyena PL and al--

Oh gosh darn it.

While I like the idea now that I really know what you are talking about, I worry about having time to get those two Energy off before things turn against you. Mesprits are solid though.

I'm all about coming up with a better name. How's H.Y.P.E. (How You Piss-off Everyone)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back