Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ludicolo killer?

Fantine

The new Electrode from Emerald does 3 colorless energy for 50. With a boost is this the best ludicolo killer.

Wow, you've really been thinking about that Electrode thing I suggested, haven't you?

I think the best TecHed way to kill Ludicolo is either that, Zapdos ex, DX Manectric with a Lightning/Rainbow/Multi/DRE/Boost + Strength Charm on it, or even a rogue DR Minun + Strength Charm, but that's just a moi. :thumb:

naw Dark Electrode stinks. And Zapdos is an ex. Electrode you can just boost and watch them die. Its pretty much the most simple way to kill Ludicolo without the use of an electric energy.

Kevin

Fantine said:
naw Dark Electrode stinks. And Zapdos is an ex. Electrode you can just boost and watch them die. Its pretty much the most simple way to kill Ludicolo without the use of an electric energy.

Kevin

Am I crazy, or you just said that Dark Electrode is bad? Not a common thing we hear in this forum.

You don't even need lightning to beat it.......100HP is weak, just do 100 damage to it. Any of the decks that are worth playing screw it over anyway. Except maybe VEX.

a healing dance ludicolo + a deck with healing capabilities such as life herb and potion will give a non-electric pokemon a little problem

ALL good decks (except Vileplume ex) can do a straight 100 damage for the ohko...... so no, Healing wont help.

You guys are right, you can just do 100 to it and it loses!!! And to think, all the top players thought Ludicargo was the best deck. Boy are our faces red now!

all the top decks... :rolleyes: It's not easy to do 100, especially when Ludicargo is really fast. Dragitrode can do 100 only if it has sneasel ex with 7 Darkness/Dark Pokemon out, and that just makes Ludicolo stronger and it still can be screwed over by BF. =/ What other top decks can do 100? Please list them rather just saying that they all can. Blaze ex can do 100 but will just be screwed over by a scramble or another Ludicolo. Sceptile ex needs 5 Energy, and another Ludicargo deck can do 100 but thn they could do the same amount right back. No Lightning deck can do 100 (besides raichu ex or Magnetric with 6... Energy) without the affect of weakness. How can people even assume what the top decks are anyway?

Last edited:
Dragitrode can do 100 only if it has sneasel ex with 7 Darkness/Dark Pokemon out
You obviously haven't heard of Darkness Energy, or are purposefully ignoring it

Try naming a top deck that cant do 100 straight to a Ludicolo..... impossible, aside from VEX. Any Lightnings just need 50, oh wow Tomb just counter it. Oh right go tech a Kingdra in Ludicargo nice one.

How about you shut the hell up.

top:
Blaziken (EX)/REX
Draggy (Sneasel/Trode (Weakness))
Zappy (Weakness (I said 100 to Ludicolo.....))
Slaking
Blasty (magneton)

Not so "top" but still:
Swampert (EX)
Gardy (EX)
Sceptile (EX)
Shiftry (HL) Its still good dunno why its hardly played
monarchy

That's everything worth playing except VEX like I said

Last edited:
Poor Dom. I'd be mad too if I spent the last 4 months tweaking a mediocre version of Dragtrode just to find out that I'm a 65-35 underdog against Ludicargo. It's okay, there's always next year. *Waits for Dom to come up with some stupid reply like "Ok Chuck, I have Dark Trode and Sneasel which both OHKO Ludi, so that's an easy match!" If only it worked like that buddy :D*

3/4 of that post didn't even make sense. IF you can string together some kind of logical and intelligent argument, it might dignify a response.

EDIT
On second thoughts it gets a response. Ok firstly, mediocre? Who exactly are you to call my deck mediocre so it goes against a lot of the "american" deck building ways, perhaps that's why it wins so much, and secondly, in most cases with Ludicargo, it would work like that. Its fast in terms of getting the cards out, but to actually continually powering up attackers when it takes KOs turn after turn, no chance.

So the next Ludicolo manages to KO my Trode. There'll be either a fresh trode or Sneasel ready to OHKO the Colo. By that point, the Ludicargo player will be stuck in the majority of games. Getting up yet another Colo to KO Sneasel will be a no-no. It will require bench reparation, Scramble Energy, me to have a full to almost full bench as well as a THIRD colo to get into play, although by that point it'll most likely be T5 or so. Not likely to be much if any later.

And its not as if its the only deck I've ever used, its just the only one I publicly use so to speak. Dont criticise something when you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Dom Jordan said:
Ok firstly, mediocre? Who exactly are you to call my deck mediocre

Hello. I'm Alex Brosseau, 2 time States winner (and 2nd at another) and the 2002 Pokemon TCG 15+ World Champion (7-0). I am highly regarded by many people as one of the best, if not the best, the game has ever seen. And you are... some European guy that can win CITIES and PRES? I heard Helen Keller won her local City Championship as well! The problem with your logic is that you think that Ludicargo is simply Ludicolo and Magcargo. Obviously if your only attacker was Ludicolo, you'd be losing a ton of games. What you DON'T know, is that non-Pokegym Ludicargos (AKA GOOD Ludicargos) run alternate attackers, which I am not going to let out of the box because many people have been working extremely hard on correct Ludicargos lists.

Last edited:
I don't want to get into this argument, but I just wanted to add something. Blaziken can be OHKO'd by Ludicolo. Draggy requires a good number bench, maybe not 5, maybe not 4, but all Ludicolo needs to OHKO Rocket's Sneasel/Dark Electrode is 3 on the Draggy player's bench. Not too uncommon me thinks. I am sure there is an answer to the zappy problem, but I don't know it. Against slaking, it's power would be shut off by BF, but other than that, I don't see it getting OHKO'd. Magneton only has 70HP, making it pretty easy for Ludicolo to OHKO if the Blasty player has one on their bench.

Fantine said:
This topic was about if Electrode was a good killer of Ludicolo. What happened to it?

Kevin

Okay then, to stay on topic, Electrode is a good Ludicolo killer! Just watch out for Tyrogue ELL OHH ELL@!!@@@#!!!one!1121!11five!1

Back