Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmaster

After Plasma Freeze comes out

Witch sets are getting cycle next ? Just started playing again and want to know witch sets to stay away from:pokeball:

Rumors are saying DEX-on. this is supported by the fact that rotating DEX would mean no catcher, and without cather everything is ridiculously powerful. But another possiblity is NXD on, since it is the start of the EX era. it also keeps Mewtwo in the format and Level/Heavy Ball. Also Possible is DRX-on, since it is the start of the Dragon types and rotates out Darkrai. But maybe we won't even see a rotation to keep Eelektrik in the format as well as trainer cards from b/w that haven't been reprinted yet.

tl;dr: just stay away from bw/ep/nv(kinda)

I don't see anything other than NxD-on right now. They almost reprinted all the cards needed from B/W-NV to continue using deck essentials. Also if they did get rid of NxD, wouldn't Mewtwo still be legal due to it being a Promo?

With all this rotation stuff, it would be better if TPCi divided up the sets into series.

For example, BW series 1 would be Black and White, Emerging Powers, and Noble Victories

Series 2 would be Next Destines, Dark Explorers, and Dragons exalted.

Series 3 would be Boundaries crossed, Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, the next Black and White set

And then the series after that would be XY series 1.

Makes the rotation more predictable.

With all this rotation stuff, it would be better if TPCi divided up the sets into series.

For example, BW series 1 would be Black and White, Emerging Powers, and Noble Victories

Series 2 would be Next Destines, Dark Explorers, and Dragons exalted.

Series 3 would be Boundaries crossed, Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, the next Black and White set

And then the series after that would be XY series 1.

Makes the rotation more predictable.

Hoping rotation is DEX-on. Would make the game more fun without Mewtwo and Eels. As for post-PLF, if there is a clear-cut, untouchable BDIF, I am quitting. Those kinds of formats only lead to massive card prices, no variety, and more luck-based games. :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know why all these miss-informed 2 year olds are thinking that Pokemon are going to switch out half a format even since they have never done that in the history of Pokemon TCG. If history repeats itself (which it probably will since Pokemon likes to complete a format before they switch anything out), BLW-on will probably stay around for another 2 years or so and will probably only go away after the first 4-5 Pokemon X & Y sets. Where the heck did people get the idea that Pokemon was going to switch out half a format for the first time? If the people who started this rumor were intelligent enough, they might look at the history of Pokemon TCG and see that they have never switched out half a format and probably never will. One reason that Pokemon will never switch out half a format is that they would lose a lot of money on the cards they had made and that they had just switched out and that Pokemon is not a company that likes to waste money. Another reason is that, if they allowed people to use the switched out cards for their City and State Championships but switched them out just before Regionals and World Championships, it would create a lot of confusion and dislike for Pokemon. If Pokemon were to switch out half a format, I would quit Pokemon and go play Yu-gi-oh because Yu-gi-oh would finally be better than Pokemon.

I don't know why all these miss-informed 2 year olds are thinking that Pokemon are going to switch out half a format even since they have never done that in the history of Pokemon TCG. If history repeats itself (which it probably will since Pokemon likes to complete a format before they switch anything out), BLW-on will probably stay around for another 2 years or so and will probably only go away after the first 4-5 Pokemon X & Y sets. Where the heck did people get the idea that Pokemon was going to switch out half a format for the first time? If the people who started this rumor were intelligent enough, they might look at the history of Pokemon TCG and see that they have never switched out half a format and probably never will. One reason that Pokemon will never switch out half a format is that they would lose a lot of money on the cards they had made and that they had just switched out and that Pokemon is not a company that likes to waste money. Another reason is that, if they allowed people to use the switched out cards for their City and State Championships but switched them out just before Regionals and World Championships, it would create a lot of confusion and dislike for Pokemon. If Pokemon were to switch out half a format, I would quit Pokemon and go play Yu-gi-oh because Yu-gi-oh would finally be better than Pokemon.

Can you define "half a format".

"Misinformed 2-year-olds"

Yeah, no. They would not lose a cent. If you knew anything about how business works, you would know they have made all money they are going to make on sets before DEX. They sold the packs to retailers. That's as far as their money goes. Seriously, they don't just print more of the old sets, they sell all of the packs to retailers, minus a few hundred batches for any promotional tins, and that's their money. Any old packs you see at a retailer is stuff they have had since the set went out of print. That's why you can't go to a card shop and have them order a box of an older set; it's called being out of print, which is why sets like NXD and DEX are so expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I honestly expect Dragons Exalted-on, but I might be alone here. I just don't see them leaving Catcher in the format. It'll be rotating in Japan and I'm really hoping we start sticking closer to their formats/set releases with X and Y coming out.

But who knows? I could see Dark Explorers-on, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back