Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OREGON State Championships - March 13, 2010 (NEW Info)

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIPS

Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - Jackman Long (Americraft Center), 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2010

Time: Registration begins at 8:00 AM (Registration ends at 9:45 AM). Player meeting begins at 10:00 AM. The main tournament (swiss rounds) will last 6 to 7 hours

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 1999 or later)/Seniors (born in 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998)/Masters (born in 1994 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (Bring your own Deck - Cards are allowed from Diamond Pearl or later as well as Promos from POP Series 6 and above and Black Star Promos DP01 and higher)

Style: Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)

Cost: FREE

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]

Side Events

>> IF 100 PLAYERS ENTER THE DS TOURNAMENT WE WILL GIVE AWAY A DS LITE <<

DS TOURNAMENT: Starting during the lunch break we will run a DS tournament. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes, and if 100 or more people enter as an extra bonus we will put your names in a drawing for a DS Lite! We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament so come and do both.

NEW RULES (read carefully) – Double Battles with 4 Pokémon on your team at Level 50 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; You may only use TWO Pokemon from the following list on your team: Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; The following Pokemon MAY NOT be used: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkari, Shaymin, Phione, and Arceus (NOTE: Tyranitar may not be used at States due to the fact that Pupitar does not evolve until Lv.55 and we won't have HGSS in the US yet.); No duplicate held items allowed; the item "SOUL DEW" may not be used; Battles ending in a Draw with Explosion, Self Destruct, or Destiny Bond will result in a loss for the user of those attacks; Battles ending in a Draw due to the item "Life Orb" or recoil attacks like "Brave Bird" will go to a 1 on 1 Sudden Death. (Deposit the other 3 Pokemon of you team in the PC); "Modified" DS cartridges and Hacked Pokemon are not allowed (we will check if something looks suspicious). Entry Fee - FREE

< Based on interest, we will hold side events after the Swiss rounds of the main tournament end >

BOOSTER DRAFT TOURNAMENT: You will get six boosters (HGSS), which will be drafted in pods of 6 to 8 players. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three or four 20-minute rounds in a Swiss style tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be Pokemon Boosters. Entry Fee - $20.00

CONSTRUCTED or THEME DECK TOURNAMENTS: Upon request if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
YESS!!!!

First Post!

This is going to be the biggest and best Oregon State Championship EVER! No one in the country
stands a chance of matching up to this event!!

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Which building is the Jackman Long center? Is that the one we used for Regionals last year, or the one we had been using prior to that?

Which building is the Jackman Long center? Is that the one we used for Regionals last year, or the one we had been using prior to that?

I am 99% confident that it is the Regionals room. The Oregon State Championships have outgrown that other room!

And isn't this just a warm-up/practice tournament for the Washington State Championships?

I certainly know that's how I'll be playing it. Glaceon hand lock ftw! I'll save the real deck for the homeland. ;P

Hey, we might change the rules for the DS tournament this time. Rotom along with a few other Pokemon will be unbanned now since we're going by VGC rules. Yay!
~Cyber~

lame, i think im going to be the only person playing HoPe this time around OR-EE-GON states. oh well. maybe people will switch to it the night before!

Team Washington Hotel Info: Thanks to Lisa for researching the following:

Shilo Inn Suites
3304 Market St NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
(503) 581-4001

Please call them direct, they have an indoor pool, sauna, hot tub & continental breakfast. They will honor a two bed room for $69.99 plus tax for both Oregon States March 12 and 13; and NW Regionals April 16 and 17.

Or

Comfort Inn Suites
1775 Freeway CT NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
(503) 588-0515

Similar amenities to the Shilo, but more expensive.

Shilo is giving a Pokemon discount. Be sure to mention that when you make reservations.
Can't wait to see everyone again. Wow this is just right around the corner.
My motto this year is BEAT TEXAS!!! :biggrin:
Come on Northwesterners you know you wanna do it, besides its great practice for the
Northern OR-EE-GON states the following weekend

Team Washington Hotel Info: Thanks to Lisa for researching the following:

Shilo Inn Suites
3304 Market St NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
(503) 581-4001

Please call them direct, they have an indoor pool, sauna, hot tub & continental breakfast. They will honor a two bed room for $69.99 plus tax for both Oregon States March 12 and 13; and NW Regionals April 16 and 17.

Or

Comfort Inn Suites
1775 Freeway CT NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
(503) 588-0515

Similar amenities to the Shilo, but more expensive.

PokeMather, I am so dissapointed, I trusted you that the Pokemon special at Shilo in in Salem was $69.99 a night, but when I called I was told that there was no such thing as a Pokemon special for $69.99 a night. IF we wanted the Pokemon discount we would have to pay $69.95 a night. My trust in you is completely shattered now.

Back