Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Opt Out of Rankings if You Earned a Rating Invite and Can't Attend Worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

There are some very deserving people just fractions of a point away from earning a ratings invite, who do have the means to attend Worlds. If you are in the top 30-35 and know you won't be able to make it to Worlds, please go to www.go-pokemon.com and opt out of rankings so that your invite can pass down to these players, rather than be up for grabs at the grinder.

Thanks,
Jayson

I think this is more than a fair request. There are plenty of players who are near the cut off line who have worked extremely hard to get to Worlds this year and are more than deserving. If anyone happens to be unable to attend, it'd be fantastic of them to do the right thing and let those who came barely short make it into the big event. I feel maintaining a rating of well over 1800 throughout a whole season is certainly a better indication of skill than performance at one event.

@OrangeMatt: I believe the top 22.

Anyway, this is a very good idea. If you know you're not going to be able to attend World's, you might as well let someone else who can afford to go get the opportunity to do so.

IIRC, it's top 25 get invites, but because of trickle down, the invites stop at 36ish.

@Qwa: Grinders (aka Last Chance Qualifier) is a tournament at World's where people play feverishly to try and get their rank up to qualify for an invite.

@Qwa: Grinders (aka Last Chance Qualifier) is a tournament at World's where people play feverishly to try and get their rank up to qualify for an invite.

Oh... what is the K value? Thanks!

There is no K value. The Grinder does not allow people to increase their ranking for an invite.

There is a select few who get invites directly from the Grinder, probably somewhere like Top4-Top8 get direct invites.

That is completely and utterly wrong.

Oh... what is the K value? Thanks!

There is no K-Value. Any open spots (Worlds has approx. 128 spots) are added to the grinder so that there is an even number of players (128) based on what your record is in the event.

Drew

Does anyone know of anyone that got an invite and does not plan on attending? It would help us to be able to get the word out.

if they dont opt out and dont go, it goes to grinder, but if they opt out, it gets passed down. also, according to my friend, this is the only person I know of not going:
Steve W.[around #20, from Oregon].

Since this came up last year I will say it again. Asking People to opt out of the rankings who can't/aren't going is a fair request. But by no means are you allowed to compensate them or attempt to compensate them in anyway. Please do not even attempt to do this on this thread. POP didn't like this last year and I doubt it would go over well this year.

-Jay

My kid opted out very early last year. His invitation didn't trickle down. Those spots for people who opted out last year were added to the grinder, so I was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back