Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Situation with Pokebeach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Fire Fall

I'd like to start out by saying I am probably the last person who would ever care about something like this.
As you all know, SW is about to be released and most of us are eager to get a sneak peak at the up coming set. What's the site we all go to? Pokebeach. Whenever we get info, it's almost always from there, so of course we come onto here and talk about the newly released info. There were two instances where members on the Gym posted the translation and credited pokebeach, but forgot to post an actual link to the site. WPM got mad over it and took it personal. Now, somebody brought info over again and WPM flipped out and had some sour grapes. He now refuses to post any other scans/translations (for today atleast). I always had respect for Pokebeach, but when I saw how he reacted like a little kid over how people talked about the translations somewhere else honestly disgusted me.

We're a community, regardless of the website we discuss the info on.

It's not even about the scans, it's how he reacted. A professional should act like a professional and not digress to acting immature about a situation.

This is a serious thread, about something that was not a big deal and was handled wrong in my opinion. Maybe something can be worked out to prevent this from happening in the future, as it seems to be an unpreventable situation.

Last edited:
Apparently, the idea of what happens on other sites should have no meaning on Pokegym hasn't sunk in yet...

WPM is a kid so it's not surprising he would act like that. He can do whatever he wants with the information he has, but once it's online it can go anywhere and he can't do that. If you don't want stuff you post being brought up somewhere else on the web then don't post it.

I have always found pokebeach to be good on content but... It seems the site is run by a bunch of malcontent children. I can wait rather than suffer the insanity of having to deal with their silly rules. As far as his reaction I saw it and I thought it was kid like as well. I'm sure Nintendo would like to know where he /she gets their leaked info as well.

well then LFF then don't complain here make intellegent posts on the beach. he's mearly helping the people that help him. you sit here and complain but its still not your data to pass around. respect his wishes as it is his and Bangiras's data. if you complain about this then you should be posting your deck lists on the beach and gym. Nuff said.

I have posted decks and lists in the forums. Only when theres been a good discussion about the deck(s) I'm familiar with though.

i'm not saying some decks. i'm saying your tournement decks ( before there no good) if not then WPm is still in the right. it was posted on his forums veiwable by people from his forums they then went and stole the data that he kindly asked stayed there to help increase Talk on his thread is it so wrong that something he took time into making he didn't get to keep?

Wow. Here I was thinking that this was going to be a post about how you should say where you got your info from and all of a sudden it seemed to turn into a "I want my scans and hes not giving them to me" kind of post. Im not saying that thats what you meant but it sure does seem like you acting childish....hmm how ironic.

If you're talking about posting a decklist I use for a tournament, I've posted my decklist in a tournament report before. It enhanced the discussion. I don't get why WPM can't do that too.

its ridiculous (cant think of a better word) to believe that out of the hundreds of people viewing the spoilers at pokebeach, that no one would post them elsewhere. not everyone has a heart of gold.

i remember water pokemon master saying that pokebeach is a site geared towards young children. why should us big children go over to pokebeach to discuss spoilers?

WPM is a kid so it's not surprising he would act like that. He can do whatever he wants with the information he has, but once it's online it can go anywhere and he can't do that. If you don't want stuff you post being brought up somewhere else on the web then don't post it.

Last time I checked, WPM is an adult you know. Besides, it's his site, let him run it the way he wants to. He has no obligation to share scans and translations he gets with anyone you know. At least he is providing them on his forum.

Stop acting as if you deserve the information. You sound as if it's WPM's duty to take time out of his school work to serve you. Last time I checked, PokeBeach is a free site, so you must not be paying him any money. You, sound like a little childish whiner that thinks everything should be served on a silver plate.

I, for one, appreciate the work that WPM puts into his site. He puts in the time, he puts up the servers, he pays for the hosting, and you're complaining that you're not getting what you think you "deserve"?

WPM is no longer a kid yet acts like one.

Having your hard work posted without giving credit is not cool however there are ways you can do this respectfully.

As far as his website I think he should be more concerned on what kind of legal trouble he may get into.

He posted the info on the beach to make the forum more active. Now that he stopped putting new info on there, the beach will not gain any more activity. He's hurting himself. That's why something should be worked out between the Gym and Beach or something because theres always going to be somebody who brings the info over here.

On a slightly different note. Say somebody went to Pokebeach, took the translations, and said they got it from another source. What we could just start doing is not even crediting Pokebeach. At least these people have been giving him credit for the info.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is if the two biggest Pokemon Forums share some info every once in a while.

Stop acting as if you deserve the information. You sound as if it's WPM's duty to take time out of his school work to serve you. Last time I checked, PokeBeach is a free site, so you must not be paying him any money. You, sound like a little childish whiner that thinks everything should be served on a silver plate.

I, for one, appreciate the work that WPM puts into his site. He puts in the time, he puts up the servers, he pays for the hosting, and you're complaining that you're not getting what you think you "deserve"?
And you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Nobody asked anybody to post the spoilers. Yes, they did something nice for their site and everything. But to honestly expect out of all the fans of the game that go to different pokemon sites to NOT post them somewhere else is foolish. If you don't want the spoilers to get out, don't post them, cause that's the only way.

Nobody said anybody deserves anything. But as long as WPM is posting spoilers, you can't expect them to stay under wraps when you put them online. Nothing online stays under wraps. Out of 100 people there's always that 1 person at least that doesn't listen to directions. One has to always expect that.

BTW what is up with the people of my THOY NATION being banned from the chat room there? THOYS HAVE RIGHTS TOO. THIS IS DESCRIMNATION. DESCRIMNATION IS IILGAL

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I am acting "childish" about this is because it's about the tenth time it's happened. You can only be nice so many times.

Judge me as you will, but the point still stands that the information was only for us, and that someone deliberately decided to do the exact opposite. Like I have been telling people on AIM, I don't like being the "mean guy," but after having to deal with this stealing business more than one needs to, it gets a little unprofessional.

EDIT: It seems the thread was deleted. Glad that's over. Guess I can post more good cards. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back