Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sleeve Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Sting

$(KGrHqYOKigE3EQ6beOcBNzFSZgU9g~~0_12.JPG

Hi, I would like to know if you could use these sleeves at, say Nationals? I wana know before I buy them. Thanks!

$(KGrHqYOKigE3EQ6beOcBNzFSZgU9g~~0_12.JPG

Hi, I would like to know if you could use these sleeves at, say Nationals? I wana know before I buy them. Thanks!

I would say YES because the outside border is the same colour around. If any of the patterns were touching you can't. Lets get Pokepop or someone else to actually give an actual ruling :thumb:

Well, Yoshi- is correct. But those are official.
The other requirement is that they have a solid color border, which someone else mentioned.
And they have that, although the picture makes it look like the bottom border is missing, but I think that's just the picture.

And they have that, although the picture makes it look like the bottom border is missing, but I think that's just the picture.

It is just the picture. I used these sleeves at Regionals.

@Pop

I thought the japanese ones werent allowed over here either? I thought we could just use the pr / ultra pro picture sleeves?

No....You have that wrong
You jsut can't use Magic sleeves or something. If it has a pokemon or is solid you can use them except if they are the walkign starter

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pop

I thought the japanese ones werent allowed over here either? I thought we could just use the pr / ultra pro picture sleeves?

Probably shouldn't call someone out for not knowing what they are talking about and admit you don't know what you're talking about in the same post. Japanese sleeves have always been fine, at least as long as I have been playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so I'm a little behind on these rulings... why must the sleeves with images on the back have a very visible border around the images which touches the edge of the sleeve?

If the art extends to the edge of the sleeve, you can see the different colors as bands around the edge of the deck. Flip a card backwards, and those bands won't line up. By flipping, say, your 4 Rare Candies backwards, you can identify where they are in the deck by where the bands of color are broken up.

There are official Japanese sleeves that are not legal for sanctioned play. There are official USA sleeves that are not legal for sanctioned play. Why? Because the artwork is not contained within a continuous border :(

Plain uniform sleeves are always allowed
If not a plain sleeve then there must be a continuous single colour border.
Within that border any art must be official licensed pokemon art.

Unfortunately, they're reflective.

I was playing those ones during an italian SPT and the judges made me resleeve after a deck check. I didn't even know what was the deal with reflective sleeves, but after they had explained to me I had to agree with them: under certain light conditions, if you slightly lift the first card of your deck you can see what it is looking at its reflection on the back of the second card.

Too bad, because they're really cool (and I bought like 5 packs of them).

I've seen them in person, and they didn't seem to do what you stated Nemes.

Sorry that they made you re-sleeve your deck though, I know how it feels.

Unfortunately, they're reflective.

I was playing those ones during an italian SPT and the judges made me resleeve after a deck check. I didn't even know what was the deal with reflective sleeves, but after they had explained to me I had to agree with them: under certain light conditions, if you slightly lift the first card of your deck you can see what it is looking at its reflection on the back of the second card.

Too bad, because they're really cool (and I bought like 5 packs of them).

I've had a demonstration by POP officials on what they mean my reflective.
The card pretty much has to have a mirror finish where you can clearly see the card reflected in an instant. Just being able to make out the type of card is not enough!

That judge made a bad ruling in making you resleeve.
It was an understandable bad ruling, since the guidance was not as clear as it could be, but those sleeves are legal to use.

These weren't allowed to be used at my Regionals though they are official and have a solid border. You may want to check with your PTO before sleeving up and expecting them to be ok.

These weren't allowed to be used at my Regionals though they are official and have a solid border. You may want to check with your PTO before sleeving up and expecting them to be ok.

Those should ahve been allowed.
I think TPCi needs to clarify things to organizers that don't seem to understand what the rule is.

OK so I'm a little behind on these rulings... why must the sleeves with images on the back have a very visible border around the images which touches the edge of the sleeve?

Nick, another issue they were having was sleeves with Full-Art (to the edges) is not printed consistently in the same place on the sleeve. By placing key cards in sleeves where the edge-art colors lined up differently from the majority of the deck, one could effectively "mark" them in an easy to notice way.

Having art not go to the edges counters this.

Unfortunately for me, this ruling was made a few years ago right after i picked up a bunch of official Pokemon sleeves with nice full-art backs. D:

Now, I use Japanese sleeves I picked up this March on my trip. Currently rocking the Zorua/Zoroark ones seen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back