Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

the best player ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiloh Phoenix

who were they? who had the best win/loss record in a tournament season? I'm including the old DCI rankings. can someone find their name for me?

and no jokes from you Lafonte guys either! I'm watching you...

there was one guy at worlds from japan who wore one of those "team achamo" shirts. really neat guy. "takamo" i think his name was...he had the trainer that had mew in it and was all foily, and a bunch of other tournament promos, including a page FILLED with those silver pika medal cards.
he even gave me one for free :) "Here! Present!!! Japanese Winner card!!!!!!"
cool guy.

I think Ness would give almost all players a loss... He is one of the most consistent players and is insanely good... :thumb:
Drew

I would put either Seena or Fulop up there as well.

For winning streaks, not just 15+,,

This year you have to look at Dylan L. and Jeff V...

and for 10-...

The conversation is between Andrew K...and the player who has beaten him a few times this year, James B.

James B. is on one of the sickest winning streaks ever.

To take 2nd, 3rd and 1st in 3 straight Regionals...because he WANTED to...sickest run ever.

M45

It could be Seena. His record for the past two years is unreal:

"I have won 84% of my matches in the past two seasons(42-8)... and am 46-10-1 in the POP era (sick!)"

Seems quite impressive to me. Last year he played in 4 tournaments: 2nd at OH states, 1st (undefeated) at GL regionals, 1st at US Nationals, and 5-3 at Worlds (hey we can't win them all!). This year he's played in one tournament, Midwest Regionals, and won it. In addition, as we all know, he won the STS.

Honestly if I had to pick someone who is the best player ever it would easilly have to be Jason Klaczynski. He's
  • Won the TMB
  • 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 9th at the STSs
  • 2nd in the Team Championships
  • Won the FAT
  • T2, T2, and T4 Regionals
  • Won WI GC
  • Won four cities this year
  • Won MI and MO states
  • T16 at Worlds
Regardless of that he is an amazing deckbuilder and metagamer and probably an even more amazing player. Just discuss a situation in the game with him sometime and ask him why he made a play that he did. His analysis is so thorough and in-depth, its unreal.

I think you guys are a little star-struck from Yamato. How many of you have actually discussed the game with him? I wasn't at 2004 Worlds, but I do know that he played a subpar Ludi list and managed to not play Medicham or Rock Lock, the tournament's two most popular decks and Ludi's worst matchup, all tournament long.

For those of you who know Jason and have ever had a long discussion about a situation in the game with him, you'll know the extent of his amazing skill in the game. I've played a lot of Pokemon throughout the years, and from everyone I've seen, played, and talked to about Pokemon with, Jason has to be number one.

Last edited:
I'm undefeated lifetime vs. Ness :D (1-0! @ GL Regionals this year) To his credit though, it was probably a nearly unwinnable matchup, especially with his prized cards.

And I just went and read your STS-winning report Moss; clearly you and Seena have been owning much longer than I've known you, your guys' names should definitely be in the running.

Post this in 2002, and I think I'd be up there, but the formats been changin, and I've been busy with school, so I'd have to give it to Jason right now. Seena's a pretty close second though.

They still allow terrorists to play this game?

People DIED.

The best player ever was the one and only Matt Alvis. God I hate him.

I think you guys are a little star-struck from Yamato. How many of you have actually discussed the game with him? I wasn't at 2004 Worlds, but I do know that he played a subpar Ludi list and managed to not play Medicham or Rock Lock, the tournament's two most popular decks and Ludi's worst matchup, all tournament long.

Errrr...

I think it has to do with his amazing run at Worlds 2004. He won Japinese Nationals (undefeated), went 7-0 in Swiss at Worlds THE VERY NEXT DAY, then won 5 single-elimination matchups to walk home with the Title, with an insane match record of 19-0 (IIRC).

Yamato is definatelly ONE OF the best players; but it is hard to compare someone from Japan to anyone from any other country because their tournament structure is so different fro ours.

Lastly, If Seena played in more tournaments (Cities and States and junk), it would be easier to compare him to other players. With only one tournament played this year -even though he won- it is hard to compare him to all the other great players around.

Yamato, Seena, Ness- the 3 best i've ever seen. Many are close, but these 3 know how to get it
done. and moss is right- ness has forgotten more about Pokemon than most of you have ever
known. Not a put down, just the way it is.

~john

the_sniper said:
Yamato, Seena, Ness- the 3 best i've ever seen. Many are close, but these 3 know how to get it
done. and moss is right- ness has forgotten more about Pokemon than most of you have ever
known. Not a put down, just the way it is.

~john

Excellent three. Those would be my top choices, too.

I dunno, but I would have to say that Steve S. and Bobby M. are two of the best players to ever run through 11-14.

Bobby wins worlds last year if not for the only Moltres tech in the whole age group, and Steve just cleaned up while he was down there.

I've only been playing since Expedition so I don't know about any of these guys who played way back when. But give Bob a a few years and he'll be up there.

Okay for my Actully answer, I'll vote for any one who toped at worlds 04' and worlds 05' So Ness and Seena don't count ;) lol

Flaming_Spinach said:
Hmmmmm.....

Who's the only person to make top8 at both Worlds so far?

Yeah.

Andrew K in 11-14 [T8 in 04, T4 in 05]
Yamato.

Just remember on the Yamato bashing, Japan has a completely different format as in whats played. His Ludicolo was built for a Japan metagame, he even mentioned this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back