Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The So called machine? Why such a big deal?

Aggronblaster

Not to seem cocky or anything. But why is this Machine (Yamato).
Why the nickname? We all have the potential to be the best. We just need the right mind setting. The japanese have it DUH!!!!!!!!!!
We just need to set the goals, and do our best to take the goal and put it in our pocket.

P.S. Does this mean I can have o cool nickname?:thumb:

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he just got the nickname because of the way he plays, if you played like him you'd get a nickname like that.

that is the keyword.

Machines typically don't make those human errors in judgement, etc.

He just plays like a machine would... played for like 12 hours straight, decimating, making virtually zero misplays...

He's godly.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! key words I luv them.

But its not so much the way you play but the way you play your deck.
As strange as it might sound but it is all theway you think.

I see people doing better when they are confident.

Such as the local league here in Houston.
As soon as I show up to league. The smaller less exp. players dont wanna play cause i'm better then they are. But I keep telling them that the more you play the better you get.
But you still have to have the right mind setting.

Follow the mind setting and you follow the player.

ryanvergel said:
Machines typically don't make those human errors in judgement, etc.

He just plays like a machine would... played for like 12 hours straight, decimating, making virtually zero misplays...

He's godly.

But his battery cant go for ever.

He cant be the best all the time.

Aggronblaster said:
So many other threads say he's the best.

I think him a normal player he has good days and bad days.

and that made no sense...everyone knows he would have done better with his ZRE decklist,and anyways id like to see you play 10 hours straight and lose like 5 games...then you can criticize the best player the game has.

Last edited:
Aggronblaster said:
Such as the local league here in Houston.
As soon as I show up to league. The smaller less exp. players dont wanna play cause i'm better then they are. But I keep telling them that the more you play the better you get.
But you still have to have the right mind setting.

Follow the mind setting and you follow the player.

its league what do you expect.

Yamato>aggronblaster

how to make greatest player in pokemon tcg
ingredients:
1 part skill
1 part creativity
1 part HUMBLE

shaken not stirred

u ask y he is a machine yet u speak as if he is a noob? y don't you play him and see y he is the former world champion,i watched this guy decimate dozens,i literally mean dozens of people that night,and yes he plays like a machine he calculates with high accuracy and knows when to take you out,and yet he is humble and good-spirited. that is the kind of played that deserves to be a winner IMO.

aggronblaster said:
Not to seem cocky or anything.

Well , your not doing such a great job.

Aggronblaster said:
But why is this Machine (Yamato).
Why the nickname? We all have the potential to be the best. We just need the right mind setting. The japanese have it DUH!!!!!!!!!!
We just need to set the goals, and do our best to take the goal and put it in our pocket.
Well , it was not the mental asp[ect that everyone seems to think. He IS THE BEST ( Err second best IE Rich)It was not a mindset. He was laughing and joking , he just outplays everyone.

P.S. Does this mean I can have o cool nickname?:thumb:

No , No you cannot. :thumb:

Last edited:
Squirtle said:

Aggronblaster said:
But why is this Machine (Yamato).

No , No you cannot. :thumb:
gj silvestro ur still pwoinin and it is over,just walk away steve just walk away be the bigger man,o wait you cant thats right,cause the bigger man is behind you<u know what i mean> :biggrin:

spazcrackers said:
Squirtle said:
just walk away steve just walk away be the bigger man,o wait you cant thats right,cause the bigger man is behind you<u know what i mean> :biggrin:
you did NOT just say that. omg rofl

<>< rokman

spazcrackers said:
Squirtle said:

gj silvestro ur still pwoinin and it is over,just walk away steve just walk away be the bigger man,o wait you cant thats right,cause the bigger man is behind you<u know what i mean> :biggrin:

MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT A LITTLE LOUDER :) ! ROFLMAO :)

Your just wrong Brent :)

Last edited:
Aggronblaster said:
So many other threads say he's the best.

I think him a normal player he has good days and bad days.

And sorry for the double post mods., but you are clueless aggron if you believe what you said above. Just lost!

Were you there? Did you witness him in action ? Did you even win a trip?

Anyone ever tell you what opinions are like ?

Last edited:
just accept he is good and is nicknamed machine. its not a thread worthy topic anyways...

<>< rokman

I did not see the "machine" personally, but as the story goes from people who have watched him in action, his name seems to be fitting. going nonstop for extended periods of time, with exacting results. I dont know any human in their right mind that does these things, I personally need a long nap if any of my matches reach 30 minutes. which would make me more the lazy catt(dreams). if you're dying for a nicname, I'm sure someone will think one up for you, though I would suspect that most people her only know you by your posts and as thus would give you a nic that reflects what they think of their content.....

i witnessed the MACHINE and it was................................................ONE OF THE BEST LEARNING EXPERINCES I HAVE EVER SEEN. I MEAN EVERY ONE THERE WAS GETTING SCHOOLED. THE GUY NEVER , NEVER MADE A MISTAKE . AND THE WHOLE TIME I WAS THERE(ABOUT 5 HOURS) I ONLY SAW HIM LOSE ONCE! EVRY TIME IT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS ABOUT TO LOSE (WHICH WAS RARE ) HE WOULD SOME HOW WIN! HE WOULD CALCULATE HIS AND HIS OPPENENTS MOVES IN HIS MIND IFFICIANTLY. I HAVE NEVER LABELD ANY PLAYER GREAT BUT,YAMATO IS A GREAT PLAYER.(ONE CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW ''RICH'' PLAYS)

I think the most important factor in his being a machine is the Japanese culture... they really put forth ALOT of effort in EVERYTHING they do, even if it's Pokemon... I think they might actually take alot of pride in the game and will feel shamed, PER SE, if they do not succeed in it, thus put forth much more. effort than us.... most of us, atleast me, don't put that much time and effort into the game of Pokemon because simply put it's not THAT important.

so what I'm saying is personally I think we all have the potential to be as good as Team Achamo if we really put our minds to it, but there really isn't that much motivation... scholarship money? maybe... but most of us playing Pokemon are set for college anyway :p... Pokemon is a game though where anyone can be the best, it isn't like some sports where athletic superiority will cause some players to be better than others no matter what... anyone competent has pokemon potential.

Last edited:
Intangibles said:
I think the most important factor in his being a machine is the Japanese culture... they really put forth ALOT of effort in EVERYTHING they do, even if it's Pokemon... I think they might actually take alot of pride in the game and will feel shamed, PER SE, if they do not succeed in it, thus put forth much more. effort than us.... most of us, atleast me, don't put that much time and effort into the game of Pokemon because simply put it's not THAT important.

Thats pretty much exactly what I said in another thread.

Back