Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly b/c there's so much that can be considered the top of the charts. Right now, in the Chicago area, the top deck is Monarchy sans Pidgeot, but it has recently been beaten twice by Dark Steelix. Play what you want to play, and it will probably work out pretty well.

There is no point in discussing the tiers when a new set comes out in a month. Draggy is the best deck. Play it if you want to win.

actually there is, City championships r still goin on all around the world. I just want to kno other top decks right now. I play speedrill and my friend misdreavus plays an evo hunter deck. Speedrill has a big weakness to devolution. I want to see other decks around that are doing good in hopes of building a secondary deck.

The top deck is hard to define - it depends on your current metagame (what others play). The best deck to play is the deck that gives you major advantage over everyone's decks. For instance, Slaking owns Draggy and Blaziken like no other, but would lose to Monarchy easily.

sorry to destroy your romantic vision of pokemon, but there is a top deck, and at least a top tier (3 decks are definitely the top).

Honestly, I'll rate them based on how it did in CCs across US:

1) Blaze
2) Draggy
3) Monarchy

Blaze and Monarchy are close. Draggy is very fast and efficient, but certainly doesn't get any easy wins against Blaze. But Slaking owns Draggy and Blaze big time (in some of the east coast regions).

However, there are other decks that are great - like Dark T-Tar.

SuperWooper said:
Either Draggy or Blaziken. Depends on your POV.
Yeah if you think a deck is best because it is always played then Blaziken. If you think a deck is best because it wins and has the best matchups then it is Draggy.

Dark Ampharos is starting to make a showing as well.

I would certainly say that Dark Amphy has moved ahead of Monarchy.

Mostly b/c there's so much that can be considered the top of the charts. Right now, in the Chicago area, the top deck is Monarchy sans Pidgeot, but it has recently been beaten twice by Dark Steelix. Play what you want to play, and it will probably work out pretty well.

Monarchy is last week's news. It hasn't been played much with so many TRR decks out there.

There is no point in discussing the tiers when a new set comes out in a month. Draggy is the best deck. Play it if you want to win.
There is also a lot of counter-Draggy out there right now too. I wouldn't consider Draggy Tier One when Deoxys is released.

actually there is, City championships r still goin on all around the world. I just want to kno other top decks right now. I play speedrill and my friend misdreavus plays an evo hunter deck. Speedrill has a big weakness to devolution. I want to see other decks around that are doing good in hopes of building a secondary deck.
Speedrill isn't nearly as played now because of Draggy and many others.

The top deck is hard to define - it depends on your current metagame (what others play). The best deck to play is the deck that gives you major advantage over everyone's decks. For instance, Slaking owns Draggy and Blaziken like no other, but would lose to Monarchy easily.
Slaking isn't played much at all, but it is a metagame to Draggy. Blaziken and Blaziken Ex are still played, but they aren't tier one.

Honestly, I'll rate them based on how it did in CCs across US:

1) Blaze
2) Draggy
3) Monarchy

Will, did you see a lot of Jumpluff/Gorebyss, Wailord Ex, or Gardevoir winning at the CCs? They are also still widely played as well.

In order from best to worst:

Teir 1
Dragonite
Blaziken
Zapdos

Teir 2
Slaking
Monarchy
Magma

Teir 3
Flygon
Jumpluff
Blastoise
Monarchy sans Pidgeot

I overlooked Zapdos until recently, until I tweaked it and found it can beat just about anything. Dark T-Tar should be at least tier 2, IMO.

Physics Squirrel said:
In order from best to worst:

Teir 1
Dragonite
Blaziken
Zapdos

Teir 2
Slaking
Monarchy
Magma

Teir 3
Flygon
Jumpluff
Blastoise
Monarchy sans Pidgeot

move Jumpluff up to teir 2 and move Zapdos down to teir- 3

Really, if Monarchy is good how come
I went 0-11 Today at League with.

Like I have the Potential to win, it's
just I can't win.

Man I don't think I'm really cut out
for this game anymore. I suck.

Last edited:
Lord Broly said:

0-11!!!! holy smokes willy, are you sure your playing it right cuz monarchy is a good deck played right.

also speedrill could be tier3 played well =/

Last edited:
Lord Broly said:

Like I have the Potential to win, it's
just I can't win.

Man I don't think I'm really cut out
for this game anymore. I suck.

haha willie ur funny u just gotta let ppl help u out thats all

and i think the top deck would b drogonite 4 sure along with blaze a zapdoss

Status