Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tyranitar Prime Discussions

HRPrime

Welcome to the T-tar Discussion thread! This thread is for the following:
Tyranitar HP160 :dark:

:dark: Darkness Howl
This attack does 20 damage to each Pokemon in play (both your's and your opponent's) (excluding and :dark: Pokemon).(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for benched Pokemon.

:dark::colorless::colorless: Power Claw 60
This attack's damage isn't affected by Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

:dark::dark::colorless::colorless: Megaton Tail 120
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck.
W::fighting:x2 R::psychic:-20 R::colorless::colorless::colorless:
http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=50150
A nice powerful card. With 160 HP he is hard to defeat unless he defeats a Pokemon and the opponent had a Bouffalant in their bench send it out and give big damage. Other deck can do that to like Machamp. With high retreat cost you may need cards like Switch. Darkness Howl is an easy and quick attack. It might not do much with only doing 20 damage to every non-:dark: Pokemon in play, but put a sp Dark on him and he can do 30 to the active Pokemon. That might be still weak but Power Claw can give 60 damage (90 with E-belt and a sp Dark), but without Weakness and Resistance or anything else that can effect the attack. With 120 damage, Megaton Tail is super strong. But you must discard 3 cards on the top of your deck. Even if thats bad, it takes a long time to get it up. Up to 7 turns (estimated). So I would just try to get Power Claw up and not Megaton Tail (for Speed).

Begin with the Discussions! :thumb:

Last edited:
I love to play T-Tar, but the problem seems to be that you just have to tech for so many things. You need bench shield to spread, you might want ampharos PL against SP(not saying that it allways works), exploud for fighting types(even then donphan is still a hard matchup), some play Honchkrow for the power, some play manectric, etc.

T-tar dominates so many things, but usually loses to things that it didn't tech against. For example, I played T-tar at nats. I went up against only 3 decks that weren't fighting or that didn't play nidoqueen. I had fully teched for luxchomp and jumpluff, but did not go up against either one in the nine rounds. (although I did play against a BLG+Dialga, but I don't count that as luxchomp). So I lost 5 games to 3 nidoqueen decks, 1 kabutops deck, and one donphan deck.

So really, you just have to get the right matchups, and hope for the best.

Right now, I play T-tar with bench shields, spiritomb, and ampharos, and I play spread style with DCE for backup just in case.

I love to play T-Tar, but the problem seems to be that you just have to tech for so many things. You need bench shield to spread, you might want ampharos PL against SP(not saying that it allways works), exploud for fighting types(even then donphan is still a hard matchup), some play Honchkrow for the power, some play manectric, etc.

Right now, I play T-tar with bench shields, spiritomb, and ampharos, and I play spread style with DCE for backup just in case.

A card that I use in my T-tar deck is Unown D-A-R-K. Here is my T-tar list: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141739

---------- Post added 02/19/2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

I also what to add that T-tar SF should be used for emergencies only.

Last edited:

T-tar SF is a good card but its best to save the best for last (if you can get it to its best part possible, witch is allot of energies are attached to him). I would pull out T-tar SF once I have one T-tar Prime in play with 4 Energies on him (3 if he has a DCE). Once that T-tar Prime is in play start building up on T-tar SF by placing energies until T-tar Prime gets prized (or the Maximin damage that T-tar Sf can do, with Grind, is 170 Damage, no need to go into the 210 and up). send out T-tar SF and defeat as many Pokemon as I can with it.

Or you can just power him up and let him rest in the bench until I'm out of options. That mean using him as a anchor to get the deck threw.

BTW the link above is a unupdated "T-tar's Tail Of Victory!!!" deck. Here is the update:
4/3/4 T-tar (3 Prime 1 SF)
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Chatot G SV
1 Chatot MD
4 Sableye SF
1 Unown D-A-R-K UD

1 BTS
1 Alph Lithograph HGSS
4 Rare Candy'
3 Judge
1 Luxury Ball
4 Bebe's Search
1 Seeker
1 Copycat
2 VS Seeker
2 Dual Ball
1 Guidance
1 Twin
3 PlusPower
1 Black Belt
1 Communication

1 Warp Energy
1 Rainbow Energy
3 DCE
4 sp Dark
3 :dark: Energy

Last edited:
T-tar SF is a good card but its best to save the best for last (if you can get it to its best part possible, witch is allot of energies are attached to him). I would pull out T-tar SF once I have one T-tar Prime in play with 4 Energies on him (3 if he has a DCE). Once that T-tar Prime is in play start building up on T-tar SF by placing energies until T-tar Prime gets prized (or the Maximin damage that T-tar Sf can do, with Grind, is 170 Damage, no need to go into the 210 and up). send out T-tar SF and defeat as many Pokemon as I can with it.

Or you can just power him up and let him rest in the bench until I'm out of options. That mean using him as a anchor to get the deck threw.

BTW the link above is a unupdated "T-tar's Tail Of Victory!!!" deck. Here is the update:
4/3/4 T-tar (3 Prime 1 SF)
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Chatot G SV
1 Chatot MD
4 Sableye SF
1 Unown D-A-R-K UD

1 BTS
1 Alph Lithograph HGSS
4 Rare Candy'
3 Judge
1 Luxury Ball
4 Bebe's Search
1 Seeker
1 Copycat
2 VS Seeker
2 Dual Ball
1 Guidance
1 Twin
3 PlusPower
1 Black Belt
1 Communication

1 Warp Energy
1 Rainbow Energy
3 DCE
4 sp Dark
3 :dark: Energy

---------- Post added 02/19/2011 at 07:03 PM ----------

and what be the metagame around you? (I wish I knew the Ohio metagame :frown:. does anyone know?)

By the time you begin building up either t-tar, they would already be sniped or killed against most of the metagame. And I can say while LostGar may not have a favorable matchup vs Ttar, it DOES NOT have a bad one as a lostgar game should be generally over in six turns. And I can also say that without Claydol in the format all stage 2's except Gengar varients are pretty much dust in the wind.

By the time you begin building up either t-tar, they would already be sniped or killed against most of the metagame. And I can say while LostGar may not have a favorable matchup vs Ttar, it DOES NOT have a bad one as a lostgar game should be generally over in six turns. And I can also say that without Claydol in the format all stage 2's except Gengar varients are pretty much dust in the wind.

So are you saying this deck isn't good?

Some card can Snipe or Kill my T-tar Prime?

---------- Post added 02/20/2011 at 02:21 PM ----------

Oh and I will make edits to my deck I will add Pokemon Collectors and a Unown Q

^I have no problems using T-tar other than the auto loss to fighting and the occassional loss to sp decks. It's all in the teching of the deck. You have to go extreemely consistent, spread against non-healing decks, and megaton tail in healing decks.

Other than the T-tar line, I believe that the absolute staples that you need are: 4 pokemon collector, 4 spiritomb, and 4 bench shield. Run cynthias feelings and PONT(or their equivalents) for consistency. I also go Primes all the way, no sf. In this format, you just can't leave something on your bench for more than 2-3 turns and expect it to stay there with energies on it.

I myself would like to think that T-tar would have a decent time against other decks.

But T-tar is just a main attacker and other techs can come in and finish the job.

Example, Darkness How for a few turns...and then have H-crow w/Blindside that can hit the bench for heavy damage.
Also, the Solrock that can block the healing of Pokemon can help make sure the damage remains placed.

T-tar is meant to be an easy setup deck as all you need is either: BTS + Larvy/Pupitar/T-tar and a Special Dark or Rare Candy and said line. Even if you only have 1 T-tar, it can be a tad hard to take down w/160 HP and if you happen to have an E-belt, it'll be 180 Max HP.

Name a few decks that can hit that hard.

Ttar Spread is very consistent (with Manectric to protect the bench and a couple of rescue energies thrown in), but there are two problems:
- sucks a lot of bench space
- basically an autoloss to anything with a 1-1 Dialga G tech...

If the meta around here would stop playing something+Machamp I'd play it more...

And how often do you see those decks being used? Think about the current meta-decks and how often they get used.

Uh, promocroak is used in nearly every LuxChomp build. Plus, fighting decks are gaining popularity to counter dark LostGar counters.:tongue:

Even current counters to LostGar have Powers and Powers can be stopped by Umbreon's Moonlight Fang.
But I do admit that this is again easily countered by 1 Flash Bit and a good Dragon Rush.
But if this tech was to carry over after rotation...then it may be possible.

Even current counters to LostGar have Powers and Powers can be stopped by Umbreon's Moonlight Fang.

Umbreon doesn't stop powers. Or attacks. It prevents itself from being hurt by attacks from Pokemon with powers/bodies.

Throw up Umbreon against a Deafening Dialga if you want. You still can't play Lost World. Etc.

Also, Weavile doesn't have a Power or Body.

Back