Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK City Championships series

X_empoleon_X

The CC season is almost upon us (for those in the Uk that is) However the offcial pokemon site isn't showing alot of events which i'm sure isn't right. So if anybody has any dates of any CC, please share them here. I will update this post whenever someone has information about a CC event.

I'll post what i've already found on the official website

Cumbernauld City Championship - (Complete)
17th Dec 2011
Registration Starts - 10:00AM
United Reform Church
1 Beechwood Road
Cumbernauld
G67 2NW
Organizer - Gordon White
Admission - £5

Nottingham City Championship - (Complete)
7th Jan 2012
Registration Starts - TBC
105, High Road, Beeston, Notts
NG9 2LH
Organizer - Heather Leach
Admission - £5

Birmingham City Championship
14th Jan 2012
Registration Starts - 9:30AM
Quaker Meeting House
Kenelm Road, Sutton Coldfield
B7 3 6HD
Organizer - Joanna Shirley
Admission - £4
(Limited spaces. it is advissed that you book in advance. If you need the phone #/Email PM me)

Aldershot City Championships
14th Jan 2012
Registration Starts - 10:30AM
The Game Shop
6 Wellington Street
Aldershot
GU11 1DZ
Organizer - Martin Cornwall
Admission - £5

City Championship - Exeter
14th Jan, 2012
Registration Starts - 10:30AM
Clifton Road Games
16 Clifton Road
Exeter
EX1 2BR
Organizer - Steven Crane
Admission - TBC

Cardiff City Championship
15th Jan 2012
Registration Starts - 11:30AM
Welsh Games Club
72a Severn Rd
Canton
CF11 9EP
Organizer - Janet Williams
Admission - £5

City Championship - CRAWLEY
21st Jan, 2012
Registration Starts - 10:15AM
St Edward the Confessor Social Club
Hilcrest Close
Crawley
RH10 7EQ
Organizer - Ian Fotheringham
Admission £6

St.Austell Cornwall City Championships
21st Jan 2012
Registration Starts - 9:00AM
Mad for Miniatures
Unit 17 The Market House
St.Austell
PL25 5QB
Organizer - Vini Gardner
Admission - £8

London City Championship
28th Jan 2012
Leytonstone Ex-servicemans Club
2 Harvey Road
London
E11 3DB
Organizer - John Hawkins
Admission -£6
(This Event requires you to pre-register. If you need the #/Email then PM me)

Sheffield City Champs
11th Feb 2012
Patriot Games
1-2 Ladys bridge
Sheffield
S3 8GA
Organizer Name - Justin Parker
Admission - £5

Manchester City Championship 2012
11th Feb 2012
Fan Boy Three
17 Newton Street
Manchester
M1 1FZ
Admission - £5

Last edited:
Nottingham City Championship
7th Jan 2012
Registration Starts - TBC
105, High Road, Beeston, Notts
NG9 2LH
Organizer - Heather Leach
Admission - £5

Cumbernauld City Championship
17th Dec 2011
Beechwood Road
G67 2NW
Organizer - Gordon White
Admission - £5

It's not on the tournament locator.

I found this on their website

December 3rd - Pokemon: Winter Warmer (it's basically an extra city champs with Championship Points up for grabs!)

Wow, really?

Why aren't these events being publicised more widely (or going on the tournament locator, like they are supposed to)? At best this is unfair on people who have to make travel plans. Or don't they want people to travel to these tournaments?

Poor.

thats right. If it isn't sanctioned as a premiere event it can't get championship points.

It is far too close to the event date to sanction it as a premiere event.

I've just seen this posted on another thread -

European OP Coördinators and distributors are informed that there will be no medals this year due to problems in regard to new legislation (and some more reasons). It is all due to Murphy's law into the extend.

Does anyone know why this is, since I'm guessing we won't be getting any medals for Cities? :frown:

I know of three different people (including myself) that have asked about CPs being available from the shop and they have said yes each time..
I am NOT spending 40 quid on the train to get there just to be told there are no CPs available.. Or decide not to go and then CPs be given out..
Can someone confirm please?

Cumbernauld City Championship
17th Dec 2011
Beechwood Road
G67 2NW
Organizer - Gordon White
Admission - £5

The full address for this event:

United Reform Church
1 Beechwood Road
Cumbernauld
G67 2NW

We have a decent sized car park on-site as well as a massive Tesco car park a stone's throw away, and we're really close to the local bus and train stations.
If anyone needs directions for getting here, send me a PM. :]

I know of three different people (including myself) that have asked about CPs being available from the shop and they have said yes each time..
I am NOT spending 40 quid on the train to get there just to be told there are no CPs available.. Or decide not to go and then CPs be given out..

Ian F has confirmed that there are no CPs.

I've just seen this posted on another thread -

Does anyone know why this is, since I'm guessing we won't be getting any medals for Cities? :frown:

Is this for real?
I mean, we lose our trpohies one year, then our mdeals the next?!
Come on, that's unfair!:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

---------- Post added 12/01/2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

Dan, they're having a practise tournament. Chill. :cool:

Is this for real?
I mean, we lose our trpohies one year, then our mdeals the next?!
Come on, that's unfair!:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

---------- Post added 12/01/2011 at 04:45 PM ----------

Dan, they're having a practise tournament. Chill. :cool:

I agree with the Cities Medals.. Didn't know that they had stopped doing that..

As for your second comment, I'm completely fine with that. But it's the fact that they told us that CPs were being given out, which I would be prepared to travel 2 1/2 hours for. If I hadn't gone on 'Gym til then I would have got there and found out my trip was wasted. That is all :)

I agree with the Cities Medals.. Didn't know that they had stopped doing that..

As for your second comment, I'm completely fine with that. But it's the fact that they told us that CPs were being given out, which I would be prepared to travel 2 1/2 hours for. If I hadn't gone on 'Gym til then I would have got there and found out my trip was wasted. That is all :)

Sorry, I felt the same as you on your initial comment but had to drop the chill comment; I couldn't help myself:biggrin:

On another note, I'll be pretty annoyed if medals are indeed vanquished from the attainability of players worldwide. This time last year I was stunned to discover they had removed trophies but medals as well now? People will eventually stop turning up.

Especially bearing in mind the booster prize support for Cities, States etc is outweghed somewhat by a player's need to buy the cards anyway from the new set to compete in the new format (I'll take a guess that the next set, something-Destinies, will find itself a best-seller ie booster prizes are in some ways made redundant BUT DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY AND REMOVE BOOSTER PRIZES NOW POWERS THAT BE).

All who agree with the medals, if not trophies being needed as a reward to high achieving players: say "I"/ Thank my post!:lol:

If it isn't sanctioned as a premiere event then it doesn't exist as a premiere event.

POP are not removing medals: there have been production difficulties. And before anyone asks I do not know when they will become available.

Back