Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK Regional/State Championship Dates

ukpokemonpro

Okay here we go again people.. please confirm any dates you know.

Saturday 14 April 2007
North East Regional Championships
Hessle Town Hall
South Lane
Hessle
East Yorkshire
HU13 0RR

Doors Open: 11:00am
Tournament Starts 12:00pm
Cost: £6.00

Additional side events held throughout the day for those not making the top cut, including a booster draft, (Full details will be released shortly)

Organizer: Ben Hargrave
Tel: 07855475313
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.acegaming.co.uk

Saturday 14 April 2007
South West Regional Championship
Clifton Road Games
16 Clifton Road
Exeter
Devon EX1 2BR

Doors open 10:00 AM
Start time: 11:00 AM
Cost £5.00
Organizer Name: Steven Crane Tel.01392 259 988
Other Information Deck lists required. Pre-register if you wish to guarantee your place

Sunday 15 April 2007
High Wycombe Pokemon Regionals
Holiday Inn High Wycombe
Holiday Inn, Handycross,
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
HP11 1TL

Doors open 10:30 AM
Start time: 11:00 AM
Cost not known

Organizer Name: Carl Crook Tel: 0870 2406469

Saturday 21 April 2007
London Regional/State Championship
Bryant Street Methodist Centre
Project E15
Bryant Street
London
E15 4RU
map of venue

Door open 10-00am
Tournament start 11-00am
Cost £6

Regional/State Prize Package with additional booster and other pokemon goodies as prize support - Everyone will win something!
Contact - Ben Ward 07949 359750 or email [email protected]
40k value to boost your premier ranking!

Side tournaments after swiss for player not in top cut including Booster Draft.
Boosters, Theme Deck and Collectable Figure Game on sale
Refreshments available all day

Sunday 29 April 2007
Bournemouth Regional/State Championship
Durley Hall Hotel
Durley Chine Road
Bournemouth

Doors open 9 am
Cost £5

Additional Side events on the day with huge prizes to be won - similar to last years regionals. Cost of entry will be £5 prizes hopefully will include a Nintendo Wii or GameCube, software and more!

Saturday 5 May 2007
North West Regional Championships
The Banqueting Suite Victoria Community Centre
Oakley Centre
West Street
Crewe.
Cheshire
CW1 2PZ

Doors open: 10.00 am
Tournament start: 11.00 am
Cost: £3 for the Regional Eliminators including prize support with unlimited play if eliminated.
Family Ticket: £10 for 2+2

Details:Non Regional players who come for organised play the admission is £3 with quizzes, competitions and fun play with a lot of freebies. Opportunities to browse through thousands of single cards for sale and other items that have been burrowed away for this special event. Collectors should not miss this opportunity. Prices range from 5pence to £2500 - Wonder what that is? - non players still get freebies.
How to get there
By road refer to AA locator on-line. There are car parks all around the centre and some areas are free on the side roads.

By train turn left out of the station. 3rd set of traffic lights turn right into Edleston Road.
Walk into the town centre by keep going straight until you come to an arcade. Go through the shopping arcade and out the other side. You can see the Victoria Centre in front of you at 11 o'clock. Just make your way across the car park and road (West Street) and look for the entrance to the community centre NOT the school which is adjacent.

By bus into the bus station. Come out on the left hand side where ASDA is situated and go through their car park and it is across the road.

Completed States shown in RED

Sunday 8 April 2007
Scottish Regional Championships
Cumbernauld Apostolic Church
56 Lochinvar Road
Cumbernauld
GLASGOW
G67 4AR

Times: 1pm-4pm (depending on numbers)
Cost: £5
Winners get POP goodies, boosters, trophy and invites to Nationals!

Last edited:
Monday 29th February 2026
Yeovil Regional Championship
Venue: yeovil of course
Doors Yep got those
organiser contact details : they're a secret *grin*
Tournament start : eventually
Tournament end : guaranteed.
Cost: You BET

Prize package: What! You want stuff??

Monday 29th February 2026
Yeovil Regional Championship
Venue: yeovil of course
Doors Yep got those
organiser contact details : they're a secret *grin*
Tournament start : eventually
Tournament end : guaranteed.
Cost: You BET

Prize package: What! You want stuff??

ROFL I hope that is a JK? :lol:

I'ld like to see The Place For Games get Cities sorted before they move on to Regionals. I've got a bad feeling about this...

Bournemouth Regional is provisionally planned for 7th April

However I am still waiting on confirmation from Carl (hopefully very soon) so I can book the venue.

Plan is to have another massive event once again we will have a Gamecube as top prize in side event showdown along with games and other amazing prizes!

As soon as I get confirmation I will confirm

Russ

updated with London Confirmed :D

Come and play in the UKs biggest tournament outside of Nationals - London Regionals 2007 is GO!

No... down to the name and quantity being run I'd guess....

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/faqs/2006-2007/Premier_Ratings_Info.asp said:
City Championships: 32K
Battle Road Tournaments: 32K
State/Province/Territory Championships: 36K
Regional Championships: 40K
National Championships: 44K
Special Premier Events (International only): PUI Discretion; contact your local OP Provider for details

I suspect that the K value will be 36 if it ever gets flagged as a premiere event. Though since its the UK, who knows what the K value will eventually be :( LOL

Currently the only event with rating points in the UK is Nationals. :( makes it nice and easy to predict how the UK ratings will look.. the Nationals winner will probably have a rating of 1798 and the second place finisher will end the season with a 1754 rating. A quick check on the current ranking for Europe indicates that this won't be enough.

Ben : that should be come and play in the UKs biggest open tournament!

Last edited:
NoPoke _ I hope the UK States are open events, I just found out in Germany and Austria they will have closed STATES.

Lia,
in Italy our STPs will be open events, only NC it's closed.
Italian STP will be announced very soon. I will post all informations about major events on this board.
So, you and your Dutch "troops" will be welcome in Italy!

Lia,
If I remember correctly, UK regionals were closed last year to UK residents. At least Fireborn/lev were able to attend because they were studying in UK universities last year. I'd assume it'd probably be the case this year.

Scrap my last message. Bournemouth Regionals will not be on Easter Weekend!

Bournemouth Regionals will now be on the 29 April!
Venue is confirmed:

Durley Hall Hotel
Durley Chine Road
Bournemouth

Cost £5

Start 9 am
Additional Side events on the day with huge prizes to be won - similar to last years regionals. Cost of entry will be £5 prizes hopefully will include a Nintendo Wii or GameCube, software and more!

Everyone is welcome

If I remember correctly I have been against Closed events for a long time.
I think it's a form of unsportive conduct and a way to disclose competition.
Give me any valid/good reason to close events, untill now I cannot think of any.

Even Nationals can be an open event, there is NO European law preventing prizes trickling down.

I have a very strong opinion about some issues regarding OP.
And one of them is: I absolute disagree with Closed Premier Events, even more when there are rating points at the stake.
If anybody wants a closed/invitation only/local player only events, FINE, But it should NOT be a premier event counting for ratingpoints.
If you want to run an event which gives rating points, FINE, Open to each player untill seats are filled.

Donphi - Thnx meaby I will come, depends on dates and flightshedules and only if there is tartufo.

Pokeguru - I know also the UK and Belgium closed their "regionals" last year.

I know it's the way things are these days, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

If I remember correctly I have been against Closed events for a long time.
I think it's a form of unsportive conduct and a way to disclose competition.
Give me any valid/good reason to close events, untill now I cannot think of any.

Even Nationals can be an open event, there is NO European law preventing prizes trickling down.

I have a very strong opinion about some issues regarding OP.
And one of them is: I absolute disagree with Closed Premier Events, even more when there are rating points at the stake.
If anybody wants a closed/invitation only/local player only events, FINE, But it should NOT be a premier event counting for ratingpoints.
If you want to run an event which gives rating points, FINE, Open to each player untill seats are filled.

Donphi - Thnx meaby I will come, depends on dates and flightshedules and only if there is tartufo.

Pokeguru - I know also the UK and Belgium closed their "regionals" last year.

I know it's the way things are these days, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

We have NOT been told that this year UK Regionals are closed to European or International Competition.. So everyone is welcome as far as I am concerned.

I have no doubt that some TO's and Players will not agree with OPEN events.. I leave you to make up your own minds as to why that is ...

OPEN them all I say even NATIONALS and lets have some truely PAN EUROPEAN TOURNAMENTS :clap:

Saturday 14th April 2007
North East Regional Championships

Hessle Town Hall
South Lane
Hessle
East Yorkshire
HU13 0RR

Doors Open: 11:00am
Tournament Starts 12:00pm
Cost: £6.00

Additional side events held throughout the day for those not making the top cut, including a booster draft, (Full details will be released shortly)

Organizer: Ben Hargrave
Tel: 07855475313
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.acegaming.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Ben, will this be going into Pokemon World, and if so what are the deadlines for info to be printed?

We are definately running a Regional championship on the stated date. This has also been confirmed with TPFG as the North East Regionals.

Back