Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Virginia's State--err Commonwealth Championship 3/14--Photo Link Up

totoro

NoVA wins again this year. Last year's AMAZING venue in Dale City is, unfortunately, being renovated, so we've moved down the road this year.

Place: Coles District VFD
13712 Dumfries Rd
Manassas, VA 20112

Registration Begins at: 9:00 AM

Limited Parking available onsite. If possible, arrange for a dropoff. We will be shuttling players from a nearby shopping center once we hit parking lot capacity. Details soon.

Fun, food (girl scout cookies, remember last year???) and some great prizes. Somebody will walk away with a Giratina "DPt" deck carrier brought from Japan specifically to be given away at States!!

58 masters last year out of our 131 total. Can we hit the "magic" 64 to do a top 16???? That's up to YOU!!

...and yes, Darth Pika, there IS a 4th place trophy this year!

Our judges will include some special guests from MD--Mr. Nick Kirkpatrick and Mr. Mike Mattingly as well as the VA folks that you've come to know (and love???)

This one will be the largest Pokémon event EVER in Virginia--do NOT miss it!

Last edited:
So, we set a record......only to have it broken by Regionals!

I can live with that! :biggrin:

Just because the SCs are smaller than the RCs doesn't mean VA States won't be bigger than the Regionals :cool:

ewwwww.

Limited Parking available onsite. If possible, arrange for a dropoff. We will be shuttling players from a nearby shopping center once we hit parking lot capacity. Details soon.
We? o_O
It's so cute when he talks like we're a team :rolleyes:

58 masters last year out of our 131 total. Can we hit the "magic" 64 to do a top 16???? That's up to YOU!!
But that's 7 rounds... :frown:

...and yes, Darth Pika, there IS a 4th place trophy this year!

Our judges will include some special guests from MD--Mr. Nick Kirkpatrick and Mr. Mike Mattingly as well as the VA folks that you've come to know (and love???)

This one will be the largest Pokémon event EVER in Virginia--do NOT miss it!

LOL.

You mentioned MD and VA, but you left me out? :frown:

So, we set a record......only to have it broken by Regionals! I can live with that! :biggrin:

But then "ever" is the wrong word, 'yet' would be more appropriate.:cool:

We are definitely breaking 131 this year!
I would love to judge a top 16 this year.

Coles District VFD
13712 Dumfries Rd
Manassas, VA 20112

Lunch break?
Any places to eat nearby?

Last edited:
Food will be brought in and sold by the local girl scout troup to keep the lunch break short. Yes, there will be other things besides gs cookies (although some argue that they, in the proper combination, provide a well-balanced diet)

I'm not going to be able to use the car on the 14th (my folks need to take it to the airport or something), so either Dan drives us both or he and I won't make an appearance.

Dan, if you're reading this, no pressure.

:D I'll be there. What's this about shuttling players though? I was kinda confused.

My parents wouldn't want my little brother shuttled, I don't think they'll care to much if I am though.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Oh, why COMMONWEALTH? :confused:

Last edited:
It sounds like it is going to be a 5 minute type of ride. If you are driving instead of being dropped off, you'd park in one of the available parking areas. Then, a staff car would take you to the tournament location. So, your mom would drop you and your brother off at the tournament site, go park, and then a staff car would shuttle her to the tournament site.

I'm curious about the shopping center parking.

GMU has a similar system set up where people can pay $90 for a parking lot across the street (instead of $200 for a campus parking lot) and a shuttle service running every 20 minutes takes the people who park there onto campus.

However, we do hope to be more efficient this year :wink:

Despite that, I don't think any of the three age division should expect to be finished before 6pm. At the very best, you'd probably be in the first match of top cut by that time.

ok,im a senior and thast usually the smallest group... whhat place to we have to finish in to get invited to nationals?

You don't get invited to Nationals, you can go even if you're the bottom ranked player in the country, but if you get first, you get a travel allowance for 300 dollars to help pay for the trip and second gets like 50 bucks or something.

Back